+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Start-Up Visa directly?

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
So what i understand is that i have to file my PR application before LOS expires and that's it. I don't need to pay incubator's fee after filing PR application. Right?
Yes, you file your PR app along with a valid LOS (i.e. before it expires.)

You'll need to speak with the incubator to get details on their fee structure. Each is different. Some take an upfront fee, some allow you to split the cost over several months. Others have a lower fee + equity. If you've opted for one with equity, they become shareholders, so you'd be paying them over the life of your company.

Would advise you speak with your incubator and see what they charge.

The rates for incubators are all over the place.

sadi21

Nov 7, 2017
Yes, you file your PR app along with a valid LOS (i.e. before it expires.)

You'll need to speak with the incubator to get details on their fee structure. Each is different. Some take an upfront fee, some allow you to split the cost over several months. Others have a lower fee + equity. If you've opted for one with equity, they become shareholders, so you'd be paying them over the life of your company.

Would advise you speak with your incubator and see what they charge.

The rates for incubators are all over the place.
Can the incubator cancel LOS after i file PR application and stop paying? because i did not get this information from CIC website that minimum period to remain in incubator program.

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
Can the incubator cancel LOS after i file PR application and stop paying? because i did not get this information from CIC website that minimum period to remain in incubator program.
I'm not sure if an incubator has the authority to cancel a LOS, but why would they want to do that unless you're violating the terms of their agreement?

All the incubators I've seen, issue a LOS after completing the program. If your intention is to cancel once you have the LOS, I'd imagine that'd be a violation of the program terms in any case. You should be prepared to pay the full incubator's fee if you want them to support your application.

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
Just to inform you all that I received PPR early November 2020 and I landed in Canada as Permanent Resident late January 2021.

I am currently rounding up my quarantine and I intend continuing my tech business here in Canada.

All the best everyone.

PS: My AOR is October 2019

sadi21

Nov 7, 2017
Just to inform you all that I received PPR early November 2020 and I landed in Canada as Permanent Resident late January 2021.

I am currently rounding up my quarantine and I intend continuing my tech business here in Canada.

All the best everyone.

Congratulations... you made it!!!

Few answers from you would be really helpful.

1. Was there any interview before approving PR?
2. Did they ask for any documents about your startup's financial projections or a business plan?

Any other information is highly appreciated for me & others.

Thanks

Reactions: mamad611

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020

All the best everyone.

Great!

3. Did you incorporate in Canada before you land there?

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hi dear friends,
I hope all is well during these days,
Is there anyone has any idea about officer's update on technical progress of the project? The issue of corona disaffected on some sections of our company to meet and work in our origin country?
Is it a negative point for IRCC?? Although the incubator is being satisfied with the project and issued monthly progress with awareness of negative affect of spreading Covid-19 on some sections.
Is there any idea?
Cheers,

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
Update on my own PR app:

Submitted April 2020.

Temporary file number received early Jan 2021.

AoR Jan 19th.

Will keep everyone posted. Best of luck all!
Hi,
congratulations on that! I hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on.

But I am not sure what IRCC is doing because the logical thing to do would be to send AORs from the beginning (Feb. 2020), not the end :-?

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
But I am not sure what IRCC is doing because the logical thing to do would be to send AORs from the beginning (Feb. 2020), not the end :-?
I wouldn't worry. I applied in April, so that's still pretty close to what I'd deem the 'start' of the pandemic and backlog. If you applied earlier and haven't heard anything, you should hopefully hear soon.

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
I wouldn't worry. I applied in April, so that's still pretty close to what I'd deem the 'start' of the pandemic and backlog. If you applied earlier and haven't heard anything, you should hopefully hear soon.
Thanks, I applied in August but I have a friend who applied in Feb. 2020 and only has a temporary file number.
May I ask if you also applied for a work permit? And what is your citizenship?

Reactions: Charlie VN

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
Thanks, I applied in August but I have a friend who applied in Feb. 2020 and only has a temporary file number.
May I ask if you also applied for a work permit? And what is your citizenship?
I received a temporary file number a couple of weeks before receiving a permanent one, so I imagine your friend should receive one shortly. I know people who applied around the time I did, and they only have a temporary one too -- so definitely don't worry.

I'm from the UK.

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
May I ask if you also applied for a work permit?
I did originally, yes, and received the acceptance letter. But the UK (and Canada, to an extent) was locked down at essentially the whole time the letter was valid, so I wasn't able to activate it.

isaackyliebun

Oct 9, 2014
Update on my own PR app:

Submitted April 2020.

Temporary file number received early Jan 2021.

AoR Jan 19th.

Will keep everyone posted. Best of luck all!
May I clarify that you have received Temporary application number (TAN) and AOR on two different days?
Regarding the permanent no., do you mean that you have already received the Application File Number ?

With my application submitted in April 2020, I just received TAN in mid January 2021. By now, no AOR or Application File No are received. So would like to clarify if TAN and AOR are the same thing? Should I expect the next response be the AOR or Application File No?