+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Canadian Passport

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hello,

Currently i am applying the Canadian passport, on the document check list says they need the original certificate of Canadian citizenship.Commemorative documents of citizenship are not accepted. If i am not mistaken the certificate that we receive during oath ceremony will not be accepted right?

Thank you for the help

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
The certificate you receive during the ceremony is obviously the original one. Use it.
Commemorative certificates have been discontinued some years ago.

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
on the back of the page it was only the welcome word from Justin Trudeau...am i receiving the wrong certificate? loool
Looks like you havent bothered to take it out of the plastic envelope it comes in.

If you take them out, there are 2 papers.

1) Citizenship certificate with stuff printed on both sides.
2) The welcome document from Prime Minister.

I had my oath ceremony this morning and they explicitly asked us to take the certificate out and make sure the details are correct on front and back. Did you guys not get asked to do the same? I believe that would be a standard procedure.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Looks like you havent bothered to take it out of the plastic envelope it comes in.

I had my oath ceremony this morning and they explicitly asked us to take the certificate out and make sure the details are correct on front and back. Did you guys not get asked to do the same? I believe that would be a standard procedure.

Yes, you are right, there are actual two pages inside :oops::oops:

Reactions: manindersinghgill

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015

Btw Congratz :)~~

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I'm filling out my passport application form and need some help with the employment details.

For the place i'm currently working at, should I leave the 'TO' field blank? Secondly, I can't fit the full address. I presume that's not an issue?!

Thank you.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I'm filling out my passport application form and need some help with the employment details.

For the place i'm currently working at, should I leave the 'TO' field blank? Secondly, I can't fit the full address. I presume that's not an issue?!

Thank you.

You mean section 7 B?

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Hi there,

I'm taking Oath on December 18th and my flight is on January 2.

If I would like to request express or urgent service, can I just provide them with my flight initernary as a proof?

Your help is appreciated!

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi there,

If I would like to request express or urgent service, can I just provide them with my flight initernary as a proof?

not sure for this, but you can start to gather the docs for your passport, and then just wait to get your Canadian certificate# to key in so you can send them out right away.

Reactions: unsvn.it

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
Hi there,

I was in similar situation. I had my oath on 4th of this month and my flight is on 17th. I applied for the passport this morning, paid extra 50 dollars for rush service and they said ill have it on 11th December. You could do the same I guess.

Good Luck

Reactions: unsvn.it