05-03-2012
Med's Done....
30-03-2012 - Medical done and submitted to NDVO
Passport Req..
05-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi All,

I want to know what is the advantage of apply Federal Skill Worker Application through Lawyer or certified Canadian Immigration Consultant as opposed to ourself? Can you please let me.

Do we really need to apply through Lawyer or Consultant? Let me know please.

Regards,
Chintuu

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adventages/Lawyer:

Your every procedure to apply might be ok.

Disadventages/Lawyer:

Unnecessary spend of money and sometimes they deliver fake news.

But, if u read through the web very carefully at first and share ur views to others (this forum is quite strong platform to share views to others) that beef up your confidence and u may apply by yourself. The entire procedures r quite user friendly.
Shofiul

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must have to arrange all supporting documents for immigration related.
Lawyer or consulting firm never help you (yes they will just guide you).

If you don't have time to notary required documents, fillout all immigration forms , send courrier than go for lawyer.
I choose lawyer becasue I don't get time to notary, send courrier (yes some free at work but we can't go outside for our personal work otherwise no salary for those hours).

Lawyer or consulting firm(we called Agent) will charge some money but they will fillout all forms for you, send courrier and do notary for you once you hand over all necessary immigration related documents to them.

If you free than apply yourself and save some money.

OMM

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
chintu007 said:
Hi All,

I want to know what is the advantage of apply Federal Skill Worker Application through Lawyer or certified Canadian Immigration Consultant as opposed to ourself? Can you please let me.

Do we really need to apply through Lawyer or Consultant? Let me know please.

Regards,
Chintuu
@ chintu007

As per my experience if someone is determined and capable too, no problem to apply yourself.

But hold - you got no cover for any misfortunes and miscalculations or mistakes - you are not a professional

person to do that job.

If you do chose a Lawyer ( Lawyer here I mean same one as told by CIC; Registered member of a Canadian

Law Society/s as per CIC requirement, but required to be worthy and honest to you as well ) then your

chances to get through the process are maximized.

I have a very good experience of Mr. David Cohen as my Lawyer for Immigration to Canada except few bad

patches that he covered without hesitation and I have no doubt saying " David Cohen is the best ".

He gave me 2 benefits I could never fetch for myself:

1. Due to his early and in time application in April 2010 to the CIO before the IELTS rule changed, I got a

chance to send my IELTS later which I have sent now (see my Timeline).

2. My Full documents application was miscalculated in regards of the receiving time but I took hardly almost

half a month for my lawyer to get my file reopened.

I believe if it was me on my own, I could have lost my case but did not lost in the presence of Mr. David

Cohen & his Law firm.

Another important aspect being his charges that are very moderate and in parts according to case

processing. Please do check this and other details with his law firm website before you decide anything. Also

do compare some other lawyers with him as well.

Mr. Cohen's Lawyers prepare the case, verify electronically with the client and apply. Clients just have to

send the documents and info they need. They also take care of every technical aspect of the case and are

always backing up their clients.

Needless to say Mr. David Cohen ( I mean Mr. David Cohen and his Law firm ) is not involved in any

doing/acts/consultations that are against the law; but they are very knowledgeable and expert in thier work

area / field - this is the most satisfying aspect.

I hope the above information could be of some help to you but it is only YOU to decide to go which way

your brain decides.

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my advice to anyone would be to apply yourself......if you are very busy and cant find enough time to take care of application requirements only than a consultant may be adviced..........but you need to be very careful in the selction of one...

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
I agreed with Haral, only if you don't have time to read instructions properly, visit notary office and feel your forms, then only you can go through Agent, otherwise it is not very difficult process at all. We applied on our own and do not have any problems so far, fingers crossed ;D. But you should made you decision and be very careful with choosing the agent.
Good luck!!!!

funty

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
i agree that you can apply on your own....................but if you want to get to canada within a very short time, a lawyer/consultant will be of much help.

smiler 11

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
.22/02/2011....
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
.....28/03/2011 approx
Med's Request
.....13/10/2011
Med's Done....
......02/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
30/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asap ;0)
On our experience with a agent it has been a total nightmare and ending up costing close to £8000. We ended our agents work last week, we have had so much support and help on this forum,im so sorry i ever hired one. Yes you can be lucky and get a decent one folk are only doing there jobs. Through a fault of agent our first app was returned,we then had to reapply under new rules at more cost,then just advised recently we required more info for our app to go ahead,now if thats great agents for you im so pleased to have finished with ours. WE have informed them of what was going on with our app and repetedley told them how unhappy we were with there services. I thought it would change and improve (how wrong i was ). They had the cheek to offer us £250 compensation,we will now be seeking legal advice on this matter as 2 years later and a BIG amount of our savings gone we are very unhappy. The only good bit is we are awaiting our medical request so hopefully very soon we might be able to relax and enjoy Cananda. The agent was called Oceania Develpoement Group. Formely the migrationn beureau.