+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for CEC when working in Quebec

Joyce423

Nov 27, 2013
I'm now working in Montreal and was going to apply CSQ, but the french level raised.It's not easy for me to get advanced intermediate level in short time. So I am thinking of applying for CEC.
I've called CIC and they told me I could apply for CEC in Quebec, and can still stay in Quebec during the processing period.

But I'm not sure if I MUST leave Quebec as soon as I got approved by CEC?
and during the waiting for CEC, if I reached the french requirement of CSQ, can I apply CSQ at the same time?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joyce423 said:
I'm now working in Montreal and was going to apply CSQ, but the french level raised.It's not easy for me to get advanced intermediate level in short time. So I am thinking of applying for CEC.
I've called CIC and they told me I could apply for CEC in Quebec, and can still stay in Quebec during the processing period.

But I'm not sure if I MUST leave Quebec as soon as I got approved by CEC?
and during the waiting for CEC, if I reached the french requirement of CSQ, can I apply CSQ at the same time?
If you intend to apply for CEC you need to show a STRONG intent to move outside of Quebec when your application will be approved. Otherwise your application will be rejected. Strong intent can include job offer, family in Ontario, planned studies , etc...
You are not must to move outside Quebec once you are approved. The trick is to get approved in the first place given your current status.
You can apply under different streams in the same time, but applying under Quebec stream will sort of "incriminate" your intent to move outside Quebec for the CEC application in case VO make a cross check, isn't it?

PiTHn

Jan 6, 2013
sashali78 said:
If you intend to apply for CEC you need to show a STRONG intent to move outside of Quebec when your application will be approved. Otherwise your application will be rejected. Strong intent can include job offer, family in Ontario, planned studies , etc...
You are not must to move outside Quebec once you are approved. The trick is to get approved in the first place given your current status.
You can apply under different streams in the same time, but applying under Quebec stream will sort of "incriminate" your intent to move outside Quebec for the CEC application in case VO make a cross check, isn't it?
Hi Sashi!

I am in same situation. Working in Montreal for 1 year now and my work permit is valid till November 2015. I have 3 first cousins with family in Toronto and my kid also canadian citizen born last year. Can you please suggest me if i stand at good chance of getting through with CEC? What kind of documents i would need from my family members to confirm their relationship with me.

-Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to apply through CEC, you'll need more than family members in Toronto to prove that you plan to live outside of Quebec once you have PR.

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
scylla said:
If you want to apply through CEC, you'll need more than family members in Toronto to prove that you plan to live outside of Quebec once you have PR.
Can I apply CEC while I'm waiting my CSQ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
halo4me said:
Can I apply CEC while I'm waiting my CSQ?
If you're waiting for your CSQ then this demonstrates you are interested in remaining in Quebec. For CEC you have to prove that you plan to settle outside of Quebec. I think it may be difficult to do both at the same time since they are contradictory. But I suppose you can try and see what happens.