+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for FSW and now thinking of AINP - withdraw previous???

kewldee

Jan 22, 2009
Hey Guys,
I applied for PR via the regular FSW class in August 08. Still waiting for AOR as of now. I recently came across AINP and am thinking of applying thru AINP. I have couple of questions concerning this matter

- Should I withdraw my FSW application that I submitted earlier or would it be Ok if I apply for AINP and later update federal CIC guys with the AINP results?
- Also, in my federal application for 'Intend to Live' I wrote Toronto, Ontario? Would this be an issue for applying to AINP? I am thinking of putting an explanatory note along with AINP application saying 'I was unaware of AINP so I put toronto'. Will that help?

Your responses are much appreciated.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Re: Applied for FSW and now thinking of AINP - winthdraw previous???

Kewldee,
Just apply for AINP and when you get nominated your CIC process will be converted and it will save you alot of time.
Whatever you do make sure you let Alberta know that you intend to live in Alberta now that you've known about AINP.

kewldee

Jan 22, 2009

Thanks for the prompt reply rasco. I appreciate that.

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009

Kewldee,

I also applied for FSW in month of August and AOR in 16 December, but now I know that NOC code I applied for is removed from FSW. So I am also thinking of applying for AINP. I guess most people right Toronto in there application as I remember doing same.

Thanks

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008

rascojenkins said:
Kewldee,
Just apply for AINP and when you get nominated your CIC process will be converted and it will save you alot of time.
Whatever you do make sure you let Alberta know that you intend to live in Alberta now that you've known about AINP.
rasco/kewldee,

i have recently been thro this fsw/pnp ordeal... the information from different sources is quite
conflicting... and it is still not clear how CIC is dealing with this. I have made several attempts
to ask AINP this specific question and they gave casual answer that CIC would convert FSW to
PNP.

Infact even one of the member of this forum "umaguy" recieved letter from CIC that his FSW
was converted to PNP and they issued him an AOR. But I am in the same situation and I have
still not recieved any letter from CIC. Please, refer to my discussion with him in other threads.

When I emailed Buffalo telling them that I was nominated by Alberta and asking them to convert
FSW to PNP. Their response was :

"Permanent resident applications are created in our database and acknowledge letters are sent to the applicant within 30 weeks of receipt.

If you wish to be considered in another class, you may:

a) withdraw your initial application and reapply with a new application and new processing fees in the new class, or

b) submit a new application in another class, while continuing with the consideration of the original application"

So... I have submitted new application for PNP with new Fees to CIC. I also wrote a letter to
them mentioning that my FSW was applied asking them to convert to PNP if possible or else
withdraw FSW with the FSW fees since I never recieved any AOR.

Lets see how they respond... i will keep you guys posted ...

Friends...I request everybody make this thread specific for discussion of FSW to PNP conversion related issues in AINP context.

A

Albertagoverner

[quote author= link=topic=14042.msg57412#msg57412 date=1232667632]
Hey Guys,
I applied for PR via the regular FSW class in August 08. Still waiting for AOR as of now. I recently came across AINP and am thinking of applying thru AINP. I have couple of questions concerning this matter

- Should I withdraw my FSW application that I submitted earlier or would it be Ok if I apply for AINP and later update federal CIC guys with the AINP results?
- Also, in my federal application for 'Intend to Live' I wrote Toronto, Ontario? Would this be an issue for applying to AINP? I am thinking of putting an explanatory note along with AINP application saying 'I was unaware of AINP so I put toronto'. Will that help?

Your responses are much appreciated.

Dear kewldee:

Do not be impatient my actually uncle works at Buffalo Consulate in New York and He said govt of Canada desperately looking for skilled people. within few weekes you will get response. If you apply through Alberta SRS H1B so REMEMBER that is not even a HOT CAKE what it was 5 months back when Alberta Govt official were in New York or Philly to inspire people. They have recieved around 345,789 Alberta PNP H1B applications. As you will get through FSW it will be more liberal amd give you the freedom to start work anywhere in canada. However people who are going through Alberta PNP H1B route they will have to show some effort to find job in Alberta and if they move less than required time from AB Immigration will give them hard time in thier future immigrant benefits. Let's say if Alberta PNP guy immediately got job in Toronto ON and after a year he file income tax from Toronto address so this will be a negative point.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008

345,789 H1B applicants for AINP sound high given only 60,000 are issued annually by USA and I am sure not all are applying for USA. One digit less is more reasonable.

C

cchabert

Albertagoverner you mention...."Alberta PNP H1B route they will have to show some effort to find job in Alberta and if they move less than required time from AB Immigration will give them hard time in thier future immigrant benefits."

I sign all the forms for AINP in the H1B program and never mention a require time to live there, anything we need to know?

kewldee

Jan 22, 2009

Albertagoverner said:
Dear kewldee:

Do not be impatient my actually uncle works at Buffalo Consulate in New York and He said govt of Canada desperately looking for skilled people. within few weekes you will get response. If you apply through Alberta SRS H1B so REMEMBER that is not even a HOT CAKE what it was 5 months back when Alberta Govt official were in New York or Philly to inspire people. They have recieved around 345,789 Alberta PNP H1B applications. As you will get through FSW it will be more liberal amd give you the freedom to start work anywhere in canada. However people who are going through Alberta PNP H1B route they will have to show some effort to find job in Alberta and if they move less than required time from AB Immigration will give them hard time in thier future immigrant benefits. Let's say if Alberta PNP guy immediately got job in Toronto ON and after a year he file income tax from Toronto address so this will be a negative point.

Hey Alberta Governor,
                            Thanks for the update bro. I can't tell how much that means what u posted here. Ray of hope at last after getting both US and Canada GCs stuck. I seriously hope what u said comes out to be true.

Kewl

kewldee

Jan 22, 2009

ainpdude said:
rascojenkins said:
Kewldee,
rasco/kewldee,

i have recently been thro this fsw/pnp ordeal... the information from different sources is quite
conflicting... and it is still not clear how CIC is dealing with this. I have made several attempts
to ask AINP this specific question and they gave casual answer that CIC would convert FSW to
PNP.

Infact even one of the member of this forum "umaguy" recieved letter from CIC that his FSW
was converted to PNP and they issued him an AOR. But I am in the same situation and I have
still not recieved any letter from CIC. Please, refer to my discussion with him in other threads.

When I emailed Buffalo telling them that I was nominated by Alberta and asking them to convert
FSW to PNP. Their response was :

"Permanent resident applications are created in our database and acknowledge letters are sent to the applicant within 30 weeks of receipt.

If you wish to be considered in another class, you may:

a) withdraw your initial application and reapply with a new application and new processing fees in the new class, or

b) submit a new application in another class, while continuing with the consideration of the original application"

So... I have submitted new application for PNP with new Fees to CIC. I also wrote a letter to
them mentioning that my FSW was applied asking them to convert to PNP if possible or else
withdraw FSW with the FSW fees since I never recieved any AOR.

Lets see how they respond... i will keep you guys posted ...

Friends...I request everybody make this thread specific for discussion of FSW to PNP conversion related issues in AINP context.

Hey Ainpdude,
Thanks for sharing ur knowledge. Looks like with so many applications some people in CIC office are randomly losing the nerve once in a while, just like US GC audited labor applications. Their brains go drunken monkey somtimes. Hope ur situation gets resolved and u feel confortable.

Anywayz plz keep posted abt ur developments. Sry for the delay in response. Been dealing with lotsa Sh*t these days.

Kewl

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

cchabert said:
Albertagoverner you mention...."Alberta PNP H1B route they will have to show some effort to find job in Alberta and if they move less than required time from AB Immigration will give them hard time in thier future immigrant benefits."

I sign all the forms for AINP in the H1B program and never mention a require time to live there, anything we need to know?
You do sign a form saying that you intend to settle in AB but there is no minimum time. I have never heard of anybody getting hassled by AINP or any other PNP because they left their province but that doesn't mean that they couldn't give you a hard time if they wanted to. Lets say that AB decides that hey, we are spending a lot of money to process these H1B people and not enough of them are staying. They could, if you had left the province right after landing and they believe that you never intended to settle here, contact immigration and try to take your PR away because you lied to them. Lying to immigration is one of the few things that can lose you your PR. Maybe they would not succeed in taking your PR away but for sure they could cause you a lot of headaches while trying. Not to say that they will actually do anything like this but they could. Which is why I tell everybody to cover their behind. Even if you don't want to settle in AB, at least stay for a couple of months so just in case somebody asks you later, you can say that you stayed there for a couple of months and looked for a job and then a job offer fell on you from the heavens but happened to be in another province. So it may not be true but at least it sounds like it could be. If you stayed only a week in AB, it would be impossible to pass off a story like that.

C

cchabert

I agree with you Leon, and sure there is cases when they just land in Alberta and move the next day to Toronto, I'm planning to settle in Alberta, even with this crisis Alberta is a very good place to live all around. :-D

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Could you please share your source about the 345,789 cases... at least what I've see in the forum is around 400-500 cases...

A

Albertagoverner

cchabert said:

Dear cchabert:

The Problem is we people are so much desperate to improve our lives that "we just think what we want to think". Once you recieve the PNP and apply for CIC process and eventually you will be asked for interview where you will be asked to sign the papers and those papers will NOT bound you to only work in Alberta BUT expect you to work and settle in Alberta. One thing you all need to understand: When you come to US with H1B visa what you do to start to work??? You apply to SSN card! right? Imagine your SSN card has a stamp or language like this " Valid for work in State of New York" or "Issued Under New Jersey Nomination Program" What will be your situation? Definitely, Permanent Resident Visa is issued by FEDERAL GOVERNMENT at thier sole discretion, which allows you to work in Canada regardless of Province/State. But they expect you to follow the commitment. Once you arrive in Canada after recieving PR Visa, Every Landed Immigrant has to apply for two thing "Permanent Resident card" and "SIN Card (Social Insurance Number) Card". I assume that you understand the difference between "PR Visa" and "PR Card". So Beneficiary of Alberta SRS H1B Nominee candidates "shall" have to apply for SIN Card in PROVINCE OF ALBERTA.

A

Albertagoverner

cchabert said:

Dear cchabert:

The Problem is we people are so much desperate to improve our lives that "we just think what we want to think". Once you recieve the PNP and apply for CIC process and eventually you will be asked for interview where you will be asked to sign the papers and those papers will NOT bound you to only work in Alberta BUT expect you to work and settle in Alberta. One thing you all need to understand: When you come to US with H1B visa what you do to start to work??? You apply to SSN card! right? Imagine your SSN card has a stamp or language like this " Valid for work in State of New York" or "Issued Under New Jersey Nomination Program" What will be your situation? Definitely, Permanent Resident Visa is issued by FEDERAL GOVERNMENT at thier sole discretion, which allows you to work in Canada regardless of Province/State. But they expect you to follow the commitment. Once you arrive in Canada after recieving PR Visa, Every Landed Immigrant has to apply for two thing "Permanent Resident card" and "SIN Card (Social Insurance Number) Card". I assume that you understand the difference between "PR Visa" and "PR Card". So Beneficiary of Alberta SRS H1B Nominee candidates "shall" have to apply for SIN Card in PROVINCE OF ALBERTA. /quote]