+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Hi guys

Does any one know about the LA office processing time and case movement during the holiday season.

Thanks

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
professional 1: do you need to provide the home address to open a bank account? I plan on staying with my friend for at least two weeks. will they accept his address?

spur230

Mar 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Passport Req..
27-12-2010
I got my medical today. My status my change to in process in 3rd August.

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
actually i wanted to know if banks ask for proof of address. found out they just need to piece of ID. My passport and US drivers license should be okay i guess

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Hi Friends,

Buffalio visa office has returned my application because they were not sure that I am legally living in USA.I have been asked to resubmit my complete application with the following information:-

As per appendix C

1)current or expired entry/exit stamps in my national passport
2)current or expired status of documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.
3)I-20(For F1 Status)

They have given me 60 days to submit the full application.All of my application forms have been returned.I have got 3 page computer print out from the buffalo office .On the 2nd page they have asked me to provide the proof of my legality in USA.Then on the 3rd page page they have mentioned payment structure. and it also says that fee was not processed and is being returned to u .When resubmitting your application please be sure that u are also submitting the correct fees.Your application will be returned again if the fees are incorrect or not in an acceptable format.

My question:
1)On September 8/20010 I received my complete application from the buffalo visa office,its almost 2 months but I haven't received from them.
2) I paid by credit card as I gave them the authorization to deduct money from the credit card(I am talking about the fee which I paid to nova scotia).I haven't paid any money to buffalo.
3)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to the Nova Scotia canada.

I would rally appreciate if somebody who has been in the same situation answer this question as well as other senior members
Guys please answer as I have only 6 days left to resubmit my application .

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
lapore12 said:
Hi Friends,

Buffalio visa office has returned my application because they were not sure that I am legally living in USA.I have been asked to resubmit my complete application with the following information:-

As per appendix C

1)current or expired entry/exit stamps in my national passport
2)current or expired status of documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.
3)I-20(For F1 Status)

They have given me 60 days to submit the full application.All of my application forms have been returned.I have got 3 page computer print out from the buffalo office .On the 2nd page they have asked me to provide the proof of my legality in USA.Then on the 3rd page page they have mentioned payment structure. and it also says that fee was not processed and is being returned to u .When resubmitting your application please be sure that u are also submitting the correct fees.Your application will be returned again if the fees are incorrect or not in an acceptable format.

My question:
1)On September 8/20010 I received my complete application from the buffalo visa office,its almost 2 months but I haven't received from them.
2) I paid by credit card as I gave them the authorization to deduct money from the credit card(I am talking about the fee which I paid to nova scotia).I haven't paid any money to buffalo.
3)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to the Nova Scotia canada.

I would rally appreciate if somebody who has been in the same situation answer this question as well as other senior members
Guys please answer as I have only 6 days left to resubmit my application .
let me try my best first,
3) If they asked you to resubmit the application, they should have told you
where you could submit it (Sydney or Buffalo). My best guess is to submit the application to Buffalo because you submit your current application, it's not about submit a NEW application (correct me if i'm wrong).

2) I guess you don't have to make another payment (if you're asking whether you have to pay again :D, I didn't quite get what you're asking)

1) They start counting from the date indicated in the letter, they don't care if you're receiving it or not. And you have 60 days to send out the application (post mark). You should act fast, if you don't want to pay $550 again :).

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
professional 1: do you need to provide the home address to open a bank account? I plan on staying with my friend for at least two weeks. will they accept his address?

When i first came to Canada as an international student, and opened my account, they just asked me to give them my address without a proof although i told them that i was living with a host family, and gave them the address of the homestay.

However, when i moved out after one year to another province, they asked me to show them a poof that i have received mails to that address, i do not know why, and they emphasized that it cannot be a driving lisense.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Hi Pro1

Is there any indication on that if RPRF is cashed by the Consuler General? I mean, if still they think that the applicant is not gonna qualify for PR, they will not cash it, right? Or, as long as RPRF has been sent to their office, they will inveriably cash it? Then what if the applicant is denied PR, they will refund the amount?

My RPRF has been cashed by LA office on Oct 20th and my status is 'In Process" until now. I am just wondering how much chance still I have to get rejected?
Thank you

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:
Hi Pro1

"As long as RPRF has been sent to their office, they will inveriably cash it, and Then if the applicant is denied PR, they will refund the amount"

That is exactly the answer.

Hopefully you will be hearing good news soon.

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Thanks smallduck

I have three page letter from the Buffalo visa and on the third page they have printed.
Your fee was not processed and is also being returned to you.When resubmitting your application ,please be sure that you are also submitting the correct fees.Your Application will be returned again if the fees are incorrect or not in an acceptable format

Note:fees must be made by certified cheque or money order ;fees remitted in canadian funds must be drawn on a Canadian bank;fees remitted in us. funds must be drawn on a U.S. bank;Fees must be made payable to the canadian consulate General.

Then they have a table talking about the IRPA fee schedule.
Different Amount for the different categories.For Example,for the skilled worker-principal applicant-550

It is no doubt a computer printout ,on the first and the second page of the letter they have highlighted the things which is missing from my application and on the third page they have fee notice.What do u and others think?

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
lapore12 said:
Thanks smallduck

I have three page letter from the Buffalo visa and on the third page they have printed.
Your fee was not processed and is also being returned to you.When resubmitting your application ,please be sure that you are also submitting the correct fees.Your Application will be returned again if the fees are incorrect or not in an acceptable format

Note:fees must be made by certified cheque or money order ;fees remitted in canadian funds must be drawn on a Canadian bank;fees remitted in us. funds must be drawn on a U.S. bank;Fees must be made payable to the canadian consulate General.

Then they have a table talking about the IRPA fee schedule.
Different Amount for the different categories.For Example,for the skilled worker-principal applicant-550

It is no doubt a computer printout ,on the first and the second page of the letter they have highlighted the things which is missing from my application and on the third page they have fee notice.What do u and others think?
You're welcome man, I think you have to submit brand new application to CIC Sydney, however I don't know why you'll need the meet the 60-day-deadline. If you want to make sure, send them an inquiry for a clear explanation and instructions.
Good luck

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
They have also mentioned that if I am not able to provide proof that I am in US for a period of at least one year then I must submit my application to the Canadian Visa Office responsible for my country of nationality.

This shows that I need to submit my application to the Buffalo visa office not to the Sydney Nova Scotia.My NOC-0213 has been dropped from the list.

Thanks,
Lapore12

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lapore12 said:
They have also mentioned that if I am not able to provide proof that I am in US for a period of at least one year then I must submit my application to the Canadian Visa Office responsible for my country of nationality.

This shows that I need to submit my application to the Buffalo visa office not to the Sydney Nova Scotia.My NOC-0213 has been dropped from the list.

Thanks,
Lapore12

Send it to Buffalo visa office, not the CIO. It is not a new application, it is the same one but after fixing some mistakes. That is a normal situation. It is not the first time it happens, ususally this is the case if there is any missing information, or documents in your full application when it is sent to the visa office, they just send it back to the applicant to fix the mistakes, and re send it to them again.

Do it as soon as possible not to miss the deadline given to you by them.

Regarding the the 550 $, i am sure that they have a mistake asking you to resend it again because if it was not cashed by the CIO, they would not have processed, and approved your application.

However, to be in the safe side, just incase there is something wrong, send them a money order with the amount of 550$ again attached to an explanation letter stating that you have paid it to the CIO, and are asked to pay it again, and that you are paying it again just to comply with their requirments until they find out the mistake.

Do not wait or waste any more time, otherwise they will refuse the application, and you will have to send a new one to the CIO, and meet the new rules.

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
mark_immi said:
Quick update guys...received my medicals today with Date 18th Oct on letter.... :D :D :D

Can anyone tell me who is a good DMP in NY/NJ area that sends results fast to VO.....
Hi mark_mmi,

I heard your lawyer has cahnged the address ,was the medical sen to you on new address of your lawyer.
I am bit woried because I have cahnged my address,it is shown in ecas also,But i am woried that they should not sent to my old address

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Need help, didn't send the information of height and eye along with passport , Just sent the passport return envelope and the photos, Can anybody let me know how i can send that information. Do i need to mail the information i mean physical mail, or is there any email address to which i can send the information or any contact phone number. Please advice what to do. They have received my passport on monday 25 th OCT.

Thanks