+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
professional 1 said:
Actually, I did that in purpose,

I was praying to god every moment to get my PPR before the deadline of my tuition fees which are 6500 $ per semester (international tuition fees), but it did not happen, the tuition fees date was July 28, 2010, and i had to pay the fees because even my study permit was about to expir next month, and i already applied for the renwal on Augest, and expected CIC to contact the school at any moment to check my attendance, and fees. I got very frustrated, and started my semester on Sep 7, 2010.

The PPR came to my email on Sep 15, the great thing here was by the help and mercy of the greatest god is that Sep 15 was Wednesday, and the PPR letter says that they accept applicants to come in person to Buffalo on Tuesday and thursday only, so i ran to my cousin asking him seriously to go to Buffalo the day after which he did by the help of god.

here was the serious matter:

The school refused to adjust my tuition fees for the current semester to be a domestic fees rather than international which will be $1600 per semester instead of $6500.

The other option was withdrawing the entire semester, and get my money back less $1000 (administrative expenses and medical insurance), and the deadline for this withdrawal was Sep 20 and their condition was to be landed not only having the PR visa on your passport, so i was dying to get the visa before that date and land before that date to show the school that i became a permanent resident (the landing stamp, and the COPR, which i did on Sep 17 Friday, then i went to the school in the last day of the deadline Sep 20 after the 2 days off (week end Sep 18, 19), and showed them my immigration papers, and withdraw the entire semester, and is entitled to the above refund.

I re applied for the winter semester which will be only $1600 per semester.

Thank god so much for his mercy and help.
Wow, such a long and interesting story. Thanks for sharing it here, I know exactly what you're experiencing because the out-of-state tuition and fee once was killing me :). taking a look back at that time, that's huge money :). it's good for me that now I get over with it. Doing a good job, paying tax to the States and waiting for the Canadian PR status. I'm will share my story here with you guys if I have any, along the way....

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
Wow, such a long and interesting story. Thanks for sharing it here, I know exactly what you're experiencing because the out-of-state tuition and fee once was killing me :). taking a look back at that time, that's huge money :). it's good for me that now I get over with it. Doing a good job, paying tax to the States and waiting for the Canadian PR status. I'm will share my story here with you guys if I have any, along the way....
Wish you the best of luck in the rest of the process in your application.

God always helps people who need his help.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
professional 1 said:

I was praying to god every moment to get my PPR before the deadline of my tuition fees which are 6500 $ per semester (international tuition fees), but it did not happen, the tuition fees date was July 28, 2010, and i had to pay the fees because even my study permit was about to expir next month, and i already applied for the renwal on Augest, and expected CIC to contact the school at any moment to check my attendance, and fees. I got very frustrated, and started my semester on Sep 7, 2010.

The PPR came to my email on Sep 15, the great thing here was by the help and mercy of the greatest god is that Sep 15 was Wednesday, and the PPR letter says that they accept applicants to come in person to Buffalo on Tuesday and thursday only, so i ran to my cousin asking him seriously to go to Buffalo the day after which he did by the help of god.

The school refused to adjust my tuition fees for the current semester to be a domestic fees rather than international which will be $1600 per semester instead of $6500.

The other option was withdrawing the entire semester, and get a full refund less $1000 (administrative expenses and medical insurance), and the deadline for this withdrawal was Sep 20 and their condition was to be landed not only having the PR visa on your passport, so i was dying to get the visa before that date and land before that date to show the school that i became a permanent resident (the landing stamp, and the COPR, which i did on Sep 17 Friday and could not reach the school on that day before they close, then i went to the school in the last day of the deadline Sep 20 after the 2 days off (week end Sep 18, 19), and showed them my immigration papers, and withdraw the entire semester, and is entitled to $5500 refund.

Wow, Professional one – must be a big relief of your back..all thanks and praises to the almighty!!!

I am in a similar boat like you, my current work permit expired…sent for an extension which gave me another 2 months to work until they make the decision… have also applied for a Study permit – again the International tuition fee is killing…so if nothing comes for me…I would have to take up a course with them.

I am glad it worked out for u…best wishes for the future!!

loveucanada

Aug 12, 2010
To Pro 1 and Anil_Toronto

Hello, there!

I have read your impressive comments which reminds me of God's kind and love. I, therefore, want to write something here. I'm not as lucky as you guys. I was an F-1 and graduated last summer. After that, I stayed in the US under OPT. I filed my application to Sydney, NS in Aug 2009, from which I had waited and prayed for a whole year. My OPT expired on July 10 this year. As I worked at my school as a TA, I cannot apply for H1-b. Also, as I missed the deadline to apply for the scholarship, I cannot renew my F-1 status by enrolling another program. As per the International Student Office, I can legally stay there until September 10. I asked God if I need to keep waiting there or go back to China (my hometown) to build my new life. God didn't answer me directly but did show me that I should go. Anyway, I left the United States and "landed" at Beijing at the beginning of August. Two weeks later, God made me find a job, the company of which I've looked for for years. On September 11 (and 09/12, Beijing time) I got the "Ready to Visa Letter" which is so called PPR by email. I thank God, not only because I finally got PPR not waiting much time, but also because I find it's very possible for me to find a job in Canada through our company's worldwide network. I don't know how to express my appreciation to God other than saying "Thank You!"

Your comments encouraged me to write this. I wish you have a wonderful new life in Canada!

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:

The other option was withdrawing the entire semester, and get a full refund less $1000 (administrative expenses and medical insurance), and the deadline for this withdrawal was Sep 20 and their condition was to be landed not only having the PR visa on your passport, so i was dying to get the visa before that date and land before that date to show the school that i became a permanent resident (the landing stamp, and the COPR, which i did on Sep 17 Friday and could not reach the school on that day before they close, then i went to the school in the last day of the deadline Sep 20 after the 2 days off (week end Sep 18, 19), and showed them my immigration papers, and withdraw the entire semester, and is entitled to $5500 refund.

thanks much for sharing man!

there is a huge difference in fees we pay as a landed immigrant and foreign national... even when i tried to learn French from a local university, landed immigrants pay half the fees foreign national pay.. i thought to wait till i get my PR to go for it...

people who live in Canada see this big diff in everything (right from medicare facilities, credit cards, buying cars) as a foreign national and landed immigrant.

hope all eligible candidates receive their PR quickly. god willing

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anil_Toronto said:
Wow, Professional one – must be a big relief of your back..all thanks and praises to the almighty!!!

I am in a similar boat like you, my current work permit expired...sent for an extension which gave me another 2 months to work until they make the decision... have also applied for a Study permit – again the International tuition fee is killing...so if nothing comes for me...I would have to take up a course with them.

I am glad it worked out for u...best wishes for the future!!

Thanks Anil_Toronto,

It is actually a big relief, i have a strong feeling that you will be getting your PPR before you take any courses as an international student.

wish you the very best of luck.

God bless.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loveucanada said:
To Pro 1 and Anil_Toronto

Hello, there!

I have read your impressive comments which reminds me of God's kind and love. I, therefore, want to write something here. I'm not as lucky as you guys. I was an F-1 and graduated last summer. After that, I stayed in the US under OPT. I filed my application to Sydney, NS in Aug 2009, from which I had waited and prayed for a whole year. My OPT expired on July 10 this year. As I worked at my school as a TA, I cannot apply for H1-b. Also, as I missed the deadline to apply for the scholarship, I cannot renew my F-1 status by enrolling another program. As per the International Student Office, I can legally stay there until September 10. I asked God if I need to keep waiting there or go back to China (my hometown) to build my new life. God didn't answer me directly but did show me that I should go. Anyway, I left the United States and "landed" at Beijing at the beginning of August. Two weeks later, God made me find a job, the company of which I've looked for for years. On September 11 (and 09/12, Beijing time) I got the "Ready to Visa Letter" which is so called PPR by email. I thank God, not only because I finally got PPR not waiting much time, but also because I find it's very possible for me to find a job in Canada through our company's worldwide network. I don't know how to express my appreciation to God other than saying "Thank You!"

Your comments encouraged me to write this. I wish you have a wonderful new life in Canada!

I am very happy that it worked out finally for you.

You struggled a lot, and gained the results you deserve, god gave you his gift because of your patience.

Now you will move out to canada with a very good chance to find the job possition you look for.

Thank you so much for sharing this story, and wish you the best of luck.

God bless.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balu0427 said:
thanks much for sharing man!

there is a huge difference in fees we pay as a landed immigrant and foreign national... even when i tried to learn French from a local university, landed immigrants pay half the fees foreign national pay.. i thought to wait till i get my PR to go for it...

people who live in Canada see this big diff in everything (right from medicare facilities, credit cards, buying cars) as a foreign national and landed immigrant.

hope all eligible candidates receive their PR quickly. god willing

You are completely right.

people who live in Canada can really see the difference between being a permanent resident and (visitor, student, or worker).

I hope too that all waiting candidates get their PR as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your great comments and kind feelings toward others.

God bless.

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
professional 1 said:
You are completely right.

people who live in Canada can really see the difference between being a permanent resident and (visitor, student, or worker).

I hope too that all waiting candidates get their PR as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your great comments and kind feelings toward others.

God bless.

'Your story is sooo much like mine's
i really can't write anything right now,but will for sure take out everything once it's done,
all i can say is it's even worst than yours,,the things i m going thru r mind bogling and soo much stress that makes me depressed every night.
there is so much resambles in our case , i really would disclose on the right time how did my whole journey go,
but never the less congrats again professional... make the most of this oppurtunity and really show this country that we are the effecient part of it.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Very much struck by all your stories.
No wonder this forum gives us solace.
Pro,Anil, Loveucanada,Torontonian - all power to you guys.
May all your dreams come true.

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Hi Friends

This refers to the application for permanent residence in Canada that you recently submitted to the Buffalo Regional Program Center.

Your submission indicates you do not meet the criteria set out in Regulation 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations. (see Appendix C enclosed) (This one was checked for you)

You have 60 days from the date of this letter (which is sep 08,2010) to submit the full application, including the infomation listed on the attached forms. If your full application is not received within this time, we will assume your are no longer interested in immigration to Canada and we will close your file.

All of your application forms and documents are being returned to you in this package. No record of your application has been retained by this office. Please return this letter and the attached appendices when you resubmit your application.

They have returned my documents and rejection letter.I have copied the above stuff from the refusal letter that I have received from the buffalo office.

I need to know that within 60 days I have to resubmit my entire application to the Buffalo office or Nova Scotia in Canada.
Guys my Noc 0213 has been dropped, will my application be considered or not.

I have applied for the federal skilled worker program.

Guys, I am expecting answers from experienced guys or somebody who has been in my situation before

Thanks,
Lapore

Canada_pr1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo-now- CPP ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
IELTS Request
along with docs
File Transfer...
Apr 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 July 2013(PP received 02 Aug 13)
LANDED..........
Hopefully next week
Lapore,

I think you need to resubmit the application with required documents to Buffalo VO.

shish

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends How r u all?
I have applied canada PR from USA
Application submitted to sydney, Nova scotia : 17 feb 2010
1st AOR recieved : 31st march 2010
Full docs submitted to Buffalo VO :17th may 2010
Filed under NOC : 9212
I havn't recieved 2nd AOR yet.
Is anybody there who filed nearby mid of may 2010 to buffalo and recieved AOR?

I have already passed step 1 pharmacist exam for canada.

Really I am tired of wainting .......so long

any suggetion

thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2010 said:
'Your story is sooo much like mine's
i really can't write anything right now,but will for sure take out everything once it's done,
all i can say is it's even worst than yours,,the things i m going thru r mind bogling and soo much stress that makes me depressed every night.
there is so much resambles in our case , i really would disclose on the right time how did my whole journey go,
but never the less congrats again professional... make the most of this oppurtunity and really show this country that we are the effecient part of it.

You will get it god willing soon, i was sleeping with almost open eyes, thinking every moment, "what will happen", and god helped me again by his generous mercy, and showed me that things can go through by his willing even if our calculations as humans conclude that it is impossible.

I will be more than happy when you get your application approved, and share your story with us :)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Very much struck by all your stories.
No wonder this forum gives us solace.
Pro,Anil, Loveucanada,Torontonian - all power to you guys.
May all your dreams come true.

Amen :)