+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Yes, IELTS is the best bet to avoid any issue later. Without IELTS, point allocation depends on VO; which is not the case when results of IELTS are submitted.

Honolulu said:
If you are not a native speaker an IELTS score is your safest bet.
Otherwise a good documentation, preferably with proper evidences should work for your language requirement.
My thought is that they wont send it back , but will ask for the documentation.
But again, depemds on what chances you wish to take with this process...
I would play safe rather than sorry.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abingc said:
Thanks. How much time is provided to submit the passport ? like for medicals & fee they had given 60 days.

Actually i have no idea, they will tell you in the letter sent to you for the passport request.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984 said:
Thanks Pro1. Your posts have helped me too. I wish you good luck with future life. I will keep following this forum to see your progress. It will be speedy now that medicals have been completed. Spring is here now and buffalo has woke up from hibernation. Lets hope they do not go into Aestivation!!!!!!!

Good luck!

lol, i hope they saty awake to finish our applications.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
professional 1 said:
Do not worry Pasi, look at "mpapdp.1984" timeline, he did his medicals on April 29 and they reached Ottawa on May 4 (only 5 days), so you will be fine.
Ok. Thats good to hear.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
abingc said:
After I send the medicals and the right to land fees to NY office - what is the next step ? How long typically they take to ask for passports ?How much time is given to send the passports to them ? I have to travel in between out of US and might need my passports...
abingc, I also have these questions in my mind for the same reason as yours. I might need to travel out of US which I do not know for sure at this moment. Thats the reason I want to finish all this process soon. I am not much worried about the time they take to ask for passport, but the time they would take send it back to us. Please let me know if you get any info about these timelines.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I just noticed somthing written in the letter sent to me by Buffalo asking for the medicals !

At the end of the letter it is written (typing):

Intvw\intv_wav Nov 09

Which might mean: interview waived november 2009, it means that they decided after receiving my application by 2 months !

Does anyone else have something like this on his letter ?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I do not have anything like this in my letter. Again, mine is from New York and yours is from Buffalo. That could make the difference.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984 said:
Hey guys,

I guess I will not going to Canada after all. Our US greencards were processed in a record 5 months 4 days. We got the welcome notices by email with hard copies and the cards to follow.

I am planning to send a letter to the Detroit consulate to withdraw my application. It was very good to be a part of this forum and the discussion.

I wish all of you good luck with your pending applications and hope that everyone will get to Canada soon. Do not loose hope and keep up the good work in this forum.

Cheers
First off, accept my hearty congratulations on your US GC. I guess I had predicted a few months back ya will get your US GC before Canadian PR. I would like to know from you how ya managed to get it within 5 months 4 days. What category did you apply under? Usually it takes 5-7 years to get the GC. Will appreciate if you can throw some light. Do Ph.D's get the processing done faster? One of my friend (who is also a Ph.D.) got it in 2 years.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
abingc said:
Thanks. How much time is provided to submit the passport ? like for medicals & fee they had given 60 days.
If I am not mistaken, they give you about 2 months to submit the passport. You can even ask for extension if you can't submit the passport within the required period. Usually an extension of 1-2 months is given, depending on your case.

Mark

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
MarkCan said:
First off, accept my hearty congratulations on your US GC. I guess I had predicted a few months back ya will get your US GC before Canadian PR. I would like to know from you how ya managed to get it within 5 months 4 days. What category did you apply under? Usually it takes 5-7 years to get the GC. Will appreciate if you can throw some light. Do Ph.D's get the processing done faster? One of my friend (who is also a Ph.D.) got it in 2 years.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Thanks. Yes I remember you saying that the rate at which the Canadian PR was moving, the US GC would come faster!!! I had applied under EB-1B (Outstanding Researchers and Professors) category. My employer filed the I-140 on Dec 11th 2009 and it got approved in February 8th 2010. They then proceeded to file the I-485 for me and my wife. My I-485 got approved on May 15th. My wife’s 485 is still pending as they sent a request for additional evidence. We are still waiting for the notice.

The recession has kind of “helped” since employers are not filing petitions for their employees because of lay-offs. I was reading somewhere that the number of greencard petitions filed in have come down since 2007 when 2 million were filed, 2008 was 64,000 and in 2009, only 36,000 petitions were filed!!! On the other hand, since USCIS got overloaded with petitions, they hired new people who are currently just sitting there waiting for petitions to be sent to them. They are processing petitions at unprecedented speeds!!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mpapdp.1984,

I just have a quick question regarding the US green card, Do they ask there for police clearance from each country you have lived in for more than 6 months, and do they do background check and that complicated stuff like Canada, or it is different there ?

Thanks for the answer in advance.

deepfreezed

Jul 14, 2009
Send Application to CIC. Delivered to person below.

Signed for by: H.CARLAND

Sent Application without FBI finger prints for wife. 2nd attempt did not arrive in time for deadline. Included a letter explaining the situation.

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO GUYS,

IS THERE ANY NEW UPDATES REGARDING BUFFALO OFFICE?

ITS LOOK LIKE BIG BUFFALO GIANT AGAIN BECAME UNCONSCIOUS...........

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
room3 said:
HELLO GUYS,

IS THERE ANY NEW UPDATES REGARDING BUFFALO OFFICE?

ITS LOOK LIKE BIG BUFFALO GIANT AGAIN BECAME UNCONSCIOUS...........

For me, actually the ball now is in my field , because Buffalo is waiting for my medical results which is not sent yet by the DMP because it takes them 2 weeks to send it to Ottawa, i do not know are they sending it via camels to take all of that time ! and again when they reach Ottawa, i will have to wait for another month for the results to be sent to Buffalo from Ottawa.

Really unnecessary and unjustified delays !

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
professional 1 said:
Hi mpapdp.1984,

I just have a quick question regarding the US green card, Do they ask there for police clearance from each country you have lived in for more than 6 months, and do they do background check and that complicated stuff like Canada, or it is different there ?

Thanks for the answer in advance.
Hi Pro1

No they do not ask for any police clearances. They just call you for Biometrics, which includes Fingerprinting and photographs, which are sent to the FBI. FBI does the name check and the fingerprint scans to see for any criminal records and passes on the information to USCIS. If all clear, they approve the petition. No police clearances involved from the applicant's side.