+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Hi Professional,
My impression is that once they reach Ottawa, its OK.
I do not suppose that we need to factor in transmission time to BUffalo from Ottawa.
My thoughts only.

Hi Honolulu,

I hope so, because it is really irritating to think about the time taken between doing the medicals and sending the results to Buffalo through the long series (DMP-Ottawa-Buffalo). I have even done the medicals immediatly next day after i got the letter from Buffalo, i chose to pay more for the DMP who gave me an appointment next day, than paying less for other DMPs who gave me appointments after one week. That is why i get very irritated when i think about the cold time they take to send the results to Buffalo, which is out of our control (we have nothing to do with that to make it faster).

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Professional 1 - I am asking this just out of curiosity. What would be the next step after medicals and RPRF? Do we need have anything to do before the passport request? Also do you know any idea about how long it takes to get your visa after you send your passport?

Actually here, there is no definate answer, because you know, in the immigration issue we cannot be relieved until we see the visa inside the passport.

Anyway, lets say that everything is good with the application, and the immigration officer is completely satisfied with the application in the final stage, the visa will be issued within few weeks from recieving your medicals.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Hey guys,

I guess I will not going to Canada after all. Our US greencards were processed in a record 5 months 4 days. We got the welcome notices by email with hard copies and the cards to follow.

I am planning to send a letter to the Detroit consulate to withdraw my application. It was very good to be a part of this forum and the discussion.

I wish all of you good luck with your pending applications and hope that everyone will get to Canada soon. Do not loose hope and keep up the good work in this forum.

Cheers

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984 said:
Hey guys,

I guess I will not going to Canada after all. Our US greencards were processed in a record 5 months 4 days. We got the welcome notices by email with hard copies and the cards to follow.

I am planning to send a letter to the Detroit consulate to withdraw my application. It was very good to be a part of this forum and the discussion.

I wish all of you good luck with your pending applications and hope that everyone will get to Canada soon. Do not loose hope and keep up the good work in this forum.

Cheers

Congratulations, i am really happy for you. I know it is a hard decision to make between Canada and the USA, but since you are already living in the US, and familiar with the life style their, i think you made a good decision.

Wish you the best of luck whatever decision you take, and thank you so much for your valuable contribution and help in this forum. I am one of the members who have got very helpful information from your posts.

Wish you the best of luck in your life.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Hi lovebb,

Congratulation for the progress in your case, i have a question for you if you do not mind:

Do you mean that your online status changed to "In Process" at Buffalo in Jan 2010, and they transfered the file to Detroit today after they started processing in Buffalo ?

Thanks, and wish you the best of luck.
Hello there,
Yes. The status "In Process" has been there since Jan 2010 when I got my file number. I just checked my status at cic.gc.ca but found nothing has changed. It's still "In process."
Thanks!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
professional 1 - I got the medicals appointment for Thursday morning. Thats the earliest they had. Cost USD 425.

Oh... god, that is very expensive, however, it is worth it. At least you might have your medicals sent to Ottawa before mine because the DMPs in the US are faster in sending the results than Canada. I would not mind it here if they take 425 $ and send the results to Ottawa within 5 days, rather than paying 233$ and sending it to Ottawa after 2 weeks.

Do not forget to send a proof that you have done the medicals.

Good luck.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Actually they said they have appointments only from next week. I had to explain my situation and then only I got the thursday appointment. Hope they would send my details to Ottawa within a week.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not worry Pasi, look at "mpapdp.1984" timeline, he did his medicals on April 29 and they reached Ottawa on May 4 (only 5 days), so you will be fine.

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
After I send the medicals and the right to land fees to NY office - what is the next step ? How long typically they take to ask for passports ?How much time is given to send the passports to them ? I have to travel in between out of US and might need my passports...

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abingc said:
After I send the medicals and the right to land fees to NY office - what is the next step ? How long typically they take to ask for passports ?How much time is given to send the passports to them ? I have to travel in between out of US and might need my passports...

If everything is ok, and you have submitted each document required from you, it might be few weeks or less than a month.

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks. How much time is provided to submit the passport ? like for medicals & fee they had given 60 days.

Can_PT

May 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My original application was received by CIC on April 7 2010 and returned back to me Today.

The reason was, I did not fill out my Spouse's 'Other countries with resident Status' field. Its actually NONE.

Questions:
1.Can I fill the same form that they have validated and highlighted and send it back? or Do I need to fill out new forms?

2.They have asked to include the letter they have sent. It has my date as 'Apr 7th'. I have not sent English test results and am not planning to as well (I got enough work experience and education to support it). But for applications submitted after Apr 10th we need to send the scores as well. Will they return my application again because of this?

Thanks in advance

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
professional 1 said:
Congratulations, i am really happy for you. I know it is a hard decision to make between Canada and the USA, but since you are already living in the US, and familiar with the life style their, i think you made a good decision.

Wish you the best of luck whatever decision you take, and thank you so much for your valuable contribution and help in this forum. I am one of the members who have got very helpful information from your posts.

Wish you the best of luck in your life.
Thanks Pro1. Your posts have helped me too. I wish you good luck with future life. I will keep following this forum to see your progress. It will be speedy now that medicals have been completed. Spring is here now and buffalo has woke up from hibernation. Lets hope they do not go into Aestivation!!!!!!!

Good luck!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Can_PT said:
Hi All,

My original application was received by CIC on April 7 2010 and returned back to me Today.

The reason was, I did not fill out my Spouse's 'Other countries with resident Status' field. Its actually NONE.

Questions:
1.Can I fill the same form that they have validated and highlighted and send it back? or Do I need to fill out new forms?

2.They have asked to include the letter they have sent. It has my date as 'Apr 7th'. I have not sent English test results and am not planning to as well (I got enough work experience and education to support it). But for applications submitted after Apr 10th we need to send the scores as well. Will they return my application again because of this?

Thanks in advance
If you are not a native speaker an IELTS score is your safest bet.
Otherwise a good documentation, preferably with proper evidences should work for your language requirement.
My thought is that they wont send it back , but will ask for the documentation.
But again, depemds on what chances you wish to take with this process...
I would play safe rather than sorry.