+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
professional 1 said:
Hi guys, i have just finished my medical tests,

Cost :233 $ CAD

- blood test (HIV, syphilis).

- X rays (chest)

- Urine.

- General physical check.

The doctor told me that the results will be sent to Ottawa within 2 weeks and adviced me to call after 2 weeks to get the tracking number of the shipment to Ottawa.

Good luck to all.
Wonderful, Professional1. You are moving at lightning speed and there is no stopping you now. Keep running till the end. All the best to you.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
canadacanada said:
I guess US visa office for canada immigration started to be active... I just got medicals from Detroit ...

Applied to NS First week of May 2009
AOR from Buffalo Sept last week 2009
File transfered last week of April.
Status changed to In Process in fast week of May.
Medicals in Second week of May...
Passport Request.................waiting
Landing..............................waiting

Thanks guys
Good luck CC. Get 'em done quickly so you can move to the next phase. Cheers

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
anne55 said:
Congrats professional1!!!

Hope I will have a positive response too same as all the member of the thread! :)
Hell yeah Anne55, give us some good news soon. Good luck to you too.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
pooja123 said:
Finally i got AOR from Buffalo.... :)
One more hurdle crossed, Pooja. Congratulations! Now comes the hard part of waiting for 8-12 months. Who knows, it might be faster for you since Buffalo has started showing some activity now. Good luck.

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
I checked my USPS tracking today and found my FBI Police Certificate reached Buffalo.
So now all procedures are completed from my side.
RPRF is paid.
Meds were over on March 22nd and reached Ottawa that next week.
Godwilling, I can graduate to the next step.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Wonderful, Professional1. You are moving at lightning speed and there is no stopping you now. Keep running till the end. All the best to you.

Mark

Thanks again Mark,

Yesterday, when i finished my medical tests, i copied all of the financial receipts i got from the doctor; blood lab, X rays lab, in addition to a money order in the amount of 490$ CAD, and sent them all (Via FEDEX) to Buffalo visa office along with AN explanation letter stating that i have enclosed the financial receipts as a proof that i have done my medicals because they take a while until they reach Buffalo. The shipment reached Buffalo today morning at 9:30 AM as per FEDEX.

It was a very busy and expensive day: 233 $ medicals + 490 $ RPRF + 41 $ FEDEX + 6 $ commision for the money order = 770 $ CAD in total.

By the way, there was no nudity at all on the test, i do not know why some people say that they were asked to take off their clothes during the test !

This is the second time i do a medical check for CIC, the first was for a student visa and there were no any nudity in both of them. Just for the X rays, we need to take off the t shirt only.

Good luck to all.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
professional 1 said:
Thanks again Mark,

Yesterday, when i finished my medical tests, i copied all of the financial receipts i got from the doctor; blood lab, X rays lab, in addition to money order in the amount of 490$ CAD, and sent them all (Via FEDEX) to Buffalo visa office along with AN explanation letter stating that i have enclosed the financial receipts as a proof that i have done my medicals because they take a while until they reach Buffalo.

It was a very busy and expensive day: 233 $ medicals + 490 $ RPRF + 41 $ FEDEX + 6 $ commision for the money order = 770 $ CAD in total.

Good luck to all.
You’re lucky you had to pay less than 250 for the medicals. We “unfortunate” ones in the US pay more than 400 per person just for the medicals!! But it’s all a part of the game. Good luck with the rest of the processing.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984 said:
You're lucky you had to pay less than 250 for the medicals. We “unfortunate” ones in the US pay more than 400 per person just for the medicals!! But it's all a part of the game. Good luck with the rest of the processing.

You are lucky as well, i wish my results were supposed to reach Ottawa within 5 days from the medical test day.

As i see in your timeline, you did your medicals on April 29 and they reached Ottawa on May 4, that was so fast. Here in Canada all the designated doctors say it takes 2 weeks just to send the results to Ottawa and some say three weeks (in Canada it takes longer for the results to be sent to Ottawa which is in the same country ! kind of funny people here in Canada !).

I wouldn't mind the higher price of the medicals if they reach Ottawa within 5 days only, but unfortunatly none of the DMPs here does so before 2 weeks at least justifying that one of the blood tests (i think HIV) has to be sent to the national central health department before it goes back to the DMP, and that is why it takes 2 weeks for them.

Wish you the best of luck.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
professional 1 said:
You are lucky as well, i wish my results were supposed to reach Ottawa within 5 days from the medical test day.

As i see in your timeline, you did your medicals on April 29 and they reached Ottawa on May 4, that was so fast. Here in Canada all the designated doctors say it takes 2 weeks just to send the results to Ottawa and some say three weeks (in Canada it takes longer for the results to be sent to Ottawa which is in the same country ! kind of funny people here in Canada !).

I wouldn't mind the higher price of the medicals if they reach Ottawa within 5 days only, but unfortunatly none of the DMPs here do so before 2 weeks at least justifying that one of the blood tests (i think HIV) has to be sent to the national central health department before it goes back to the DMP, and that is why it takes 2 weeks for them.

Wish you the best of luck.

Another name for the unnecessary delays, Socialized Medicine!! The US is moving in that direction too!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi guys, its been really long since I posted anything here. Today to my surprise, I found my medical request letter in my mail. The letter says me to do the medicals and send the right of permanent resident fee. There is no word about the interview. Does this mean my interview is waived?

Professional 1 - I see that you have crossed this stage very recently. Please give your inputs. Thanks.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hearty Congratulations Pasi. Moving forward for sure!!
Godspeed!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Hi guys, its been really long since I posted anything here. Today to my surprise, I found my medical request letter in my mail. The letter says me to do the medicals and send the right of permanent resident fee. There is no word about the interview. Does this mean my interview is waived?

Professional 1 - I see that you have crossed this stage very recently. Please give your inputs. Thanks.

Hi Pasi, this is my case:

The envelop which i received from Buffalo was a small white envelop. At the begining i did not expect that it is the medical request because of the size of the envelop. When i opened it, i found bunch of folded papers including the medical request forms, and the RPRF. They were 2 sides 6 papers in total excluding the medical form.

The first letter (paper) has an introduction, says the following:

"We have now completed the initial assessment of your application and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview should this become necessary at some future stage in processing."

I think you have the same introduction because it is a generic letter they just change the name and file number and send the same letter for all applicants (with some differences in the requirements from each applicant other than medicals and RPRF).

Maybe you did not read the introduction at the beginning of the letter ! because i am pretty sure that the introduction is the same exactly to all applicants !

Oh another thing might be the reason of the different format of the letter if there is any difference, maybe because the letter sent to you is from NY not Buffalo. Mine was from Buffalo because my file was not transfered.

If you would like to see the exact format for the letter which i received from Buffalo, have a look at the following link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-transfered-from-buffaslow-to-detroit-t40342.0.html

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:

Hey Pasi,
That is good news indeed. Congratulations. Our time lines and visa office are very similar. I hope to hear something soon then hopefully :)
What is your eCas status now? Was it updated in any way?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:

Congratulations Pasi, this is certainly great news. See the difference between Buffaslow and NY (or any satellite office). If you remember your and my timelines were pretty similar (case and category too) give and take a few days. Since your case was transferred, you have reached till medicals and RPRF and my status is still "Received by Visa office". That's the story of Buffaslow :eek:

Anyways, keep us all posted as you and other guys progress through this long and cumbersome journey. Mine hasn't started yet.