+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
zoom.84 said:
@ professional 1 & Google man

Thanks for sharing all ur thinkings...we r in a same boat...lets hope for the best
I know it is fast dats why I'm worried about dat is it a good sign or bad sign asking for extra docs on the same day of status changing...wat do u think ?
Can you please post the letter so that I can analyze it and help other people with it?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
zoom.84 said:
@ professional 1 & Google man

Thanks for sharing all ur thinkings...we r in a same boat...lets hope for the best
I know it is fast dats why I'm worried about dat is it a good sign or bad sign asking for extra docs on the same day of status changing...wat do u think ?
Well, if they ask for documents, it is not a bad sign. All it means is they want more proof. And status changing to "In Process" only means they have started processing your application. "In Process" as most people here mistake here, does NOT mean you are eligible for PR. It just means you are eligible for processing. That is just one hurdle crossed. Then there is b/g checking, security checks, medicals, more security checks, more b/g checks, employment checks....it is endless.

Mark

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
@Markcan
Thanks a lot....it's a great help. :)

@Googleman
Sorry...i'm unable to access dat mail right now. :(

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
@Mark, looking at how the real work of assessing the application only begins after the ecas changes to "In process", I really wonder what they do with our files before that. :-X
And considering again that it takes nearly a year to even reach "in process" I am all the more bewildered.
Perhaps, its only a long waiting line with too many eager applicants wanting to make a beeline for the hallowed country lol!!

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
18-09-2009 first AOR from CIO
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
20-05-2010 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
05-07-2010 my lawyer received by mail, but delayed due to wife is pregnant
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 sent after new baby has been added
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2011 3wks after sending medicals
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2011 done inperson, same day pick-up
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 via Lewiston Bridge by land
Hi all
I just noticed that some Buffalo AOR says " ...application for permanent resident was received by Buffalo Consulate General...", mine says Regional Program Centre (RPC). Is this different?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjay said:
Hi all
I just noticed that some Buffalo AOR says " ...application for permanent resident was received by Buffalo Consulate General...", mine says Regional Program Centre (RPC). Is this different?

No difference, Buffalo visa office is the Canadian immigration Regional Program Center in the united states.

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
MarkCan said:
NS just checks the basic eligibility (like fee paid or not, making sure you have basic documents attached etc.). Do not think for one moment that they don't check everything till the end -- bottomline is, unless you get the PR card in your hand, it is best to keep faith and stay optimistic.

Mark

Guys any more inputs on it...

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
You cannot apply for a visitor's visa at the port of entry. A visitor's visa (TRV) can only be applied at an Embassy/Consulate office, if you need one.

If you are from a visa-exempt country

1) either send an application for extension (as a visitor) to CPC, Vegreville (need to pay the application fee), or,
2) leave and then enter Canada (your entry would be at the discretion of the officer at the port of entry) (6 months visitor record if granted).
Have any of you tried #2: leave & re-enter Canada instead of applying for a visitor's visa in Canada? I'm from a visa-exempt country and considering leaving and rerentering at the Buffalo port of entry. My study permit expires soon.

adtemporary

Mar 30, 2009
1) Applied under FSW Category 3 to CIU, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada - 20/April/09
2) CIU-S Approval - 2/June/09
3) Applied to Buffalo - 9/June/09
4) Application transferred to New York - 12/April/10
5) Status Changed to "In Process" - 23/April/2010

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adtemporary said:
1) Applied under FSW Category 3 to CIU, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada - 20/April/09
2) CIU-S Approval - 2/June/09
3) Applied to Buffalo - 9/June/09
4) Application transferred to New York - 12/April/10
5) Status Changed to "In Process" - 23/April/2010

Hi adtemporary,

Have you got any kind of correspondence from Buffalo since they received your application or since your case changed to "In Process" ?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2010 said:
Guys any more inputs on it...

I am completely against the idea of the CIO, it is just a waste of time for the applicants and makes an undesirable redundancy, so i am not even taking them or what they have done in my consideration, because at the CIO stage, if you have a very good skills in writing duties effeciently or even lies regardless where the truth is, you pass strongly with them, and if you are not good in writing short description of the job duties, you fail in their assessment even if you are really eligible.

Whenever i try to analyze, i usually skip the (CIO) stage completely, and start with the visa office.

And after all, what they have done(in case of approval) is not even taken in consideration by the visa offices instead, they start from the zero point as nothing has happened at the CIO, and it is CIC fault which prevents the CIO from verifying any documents because they almost have nothing at hand except the application forms and that is it. How come they will be able to take any real decision without having any documents !

Just waste of time.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
Have any of you tried #2: leave & re-enter Canada instead of applying for a visitor's visa in Canada? I'm from a visa-exempt country and considering leaving and rerentering at the Buffalo port of entry. My study permit expires soon.

If you are from a visa exempt country, yes you can leave canada and re enter from the port of entry, and the immigration officer at the port of entry is going to grant you a permit on your passport to stay for 6 months or more with or without a visitor record.

The entire thing (period of time and whether to issue a visitor record for you or not) is up to the immigration officer who will process your entry to Canada at the port of entry.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
I am completely against the idea of the CIO, it is just a waste of time for the applicants and makes an undesirable redundancy, so i am not even taking them or what they have done in my consideration, because at the CIO stage, if you have a very good skills in writing duties effeciently or even lies regardless where the truth is, you pass strongly with them, and if you are not good in writing short description of the job duties, you fail in their assessment even if you are really eligible.

Whenever i try to analyze, i usually skip the (CIO) stage completely, and start with the visa office.

And after all, what they have done(in case of approval) is not even taken in consideration by the visa offices instead, they start from the zero point as nothing has happened at the CIO, and it is CIC fault which prevents the CIO from verifying any documents because they almost have nothing at hand except the application forms and that is it. How come they will be able to take any real decision without having any documents !

Just waste of time.
NS CIO IA is still a mystery. It doesn't seem to benefit both CIO and applicants--applicants make mistakes on app because they don't have supporting docs--but it enabled visa offices to handpick some apps and process them faster than the normal timeline.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
If you are from a visa exempt country, yes you can leave canada and re enter from the port of entry, and the immigration officer at the port of entry is going to grant you a permit on your passport to stay for 6 months or more with or without a visitor record.

The entire thing (period of time and whether to issue of visitor record for you or not) is up to the immigration officer who will process your entry to Canada at the port of entry.
It looks like so few people do that, probably so because the majority of people here are from India and Pakistan and other South Asian countries.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
It looks like so few people do that, probably so because the majority of people here are from India and Pakistan and other South Asian countries.

Whoever from a visa exempt country can do it regardless where is he from.

A country which is a visa exempt today might require a visa in the future, and vice versa like the situation was for Mexico, Czech, and Croatia.