+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

ride_thelight

Nov 1, 2009
New York, NY
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Applicants to Buffalo office residing in US at present - Question regarding providing proof of language proficiency:

On the initial application to Sydney, NS, on Schedule 3. Question 6, 'Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English or French?' I have marked 'Yes', although I have not taken the ELTS yet, I could take the language test next month.

However, I was thinking about writing a statement of language proficiency with proof that I got my undergraduate degree in US university, I have had all my training in English, speak English everyday.
Will this be sufficient evidence or do I take the exam? Can I mark that question 'No' on my later application to Buffallo? Will I get the 16 points for primary language based on my statement and proof? Or in your experience is it better to take the exam?
About me: citizen of India, been in US 12 years, went to undergraduate school here, got all training in US and have a US CPA license. NOC 1111.

Thanks!

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
MarkCan said:
UPDATE:

Found a Buffalo case on trackitt that was from Dec '08. At least some cases are inching closer to 2009. There is still hope.

Mark
Was the case approved Mark?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ride_thelight said:
Applicants to Buffalo office residing in US at present - Question regarding providing proof of language proficiency:

On the initial application to Sydney, NS, on Schedule 3. Question 6, 'Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English or French?' I have marked 'Yes', although I have not taken the ELTS yet, I could take the language test next month.

However, I was thinking about writing a statement of language proficiency with proof that I got my undergraduate degree in US university, I have had all my training in English, speak English everyday.
Will this be sufficient evidence or do I take the exam? Can I mark that question 'No' on my later application to Buffallo? Will I get the 16 points for primary language based on my statement and proof? Or in your experience is it better to take the exam?
About me: citizen of India, been in US 12 years, went to undergraduate school here, got all training in US and have a US CPA license. NOC 1111.

Thanks!

No one can give you a definate answer because each case depends on the immigration officer who is responsible on processing the application.

Some people got the 16 points or less by providing an explanation letter to prove their english proficiency, others got zero points becuase the officers were not satisfied with the proof of english ability other than the designated test "IELTS"

It appears from your education at the USA that your english language level is high, so it shouldn't be a problem for you to take the IELTS test and get the 16 points to send your results with the full application to the local visa office.

My advice is; to be in the safe side and avoid any anxiety, take the test.

Remeber again no one can give you an answer even if he has done the same and got approved because each case is different and each immigration officer has his own way of assessing the application forms

Take the test and good luck.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys!

I am applying to the FSW program from the US, I have 4+ years of exp. in NOC 0711 and 2+ years in NOC 0111, I just sent the full application to Buffalo last week and it was received per Fedex info, on Nov. 19

Here is my current status on e-cas

We received your application for permanent residence on June 8, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 27, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have been trying to start this process since more than 4 years ago, so I have a little bit of experience dealing with many issues prior to the stage I am now. I have read all this blog and I've got to tell you that is very sad the situation where all of us are at this time. I hope that now that they are about to start processing cases under the new regulations, they speed this all thing up, and 2010 will be a good year for us, may be not me but for you guys, landing in Canada.

I will be in touch and if I can be in any way helpful to you, do not hesitate in ask, thanks for let me be part of this group.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi omaus25:

Welcome to the forum, we have the same exact date of reciept in the CIO June 8, 2009 but i received my approval letter from them on August 19, 2009 after you did almost by one month, however, i sent my full application to Buffalo on September 22 and they received it on September 24 via Fedex, and got my AOR on October 21 from Buffalo. ( am applying from canada) category 3 (international student in canada for more than one year) and category 1 as well, NOC 1111.

My e-case status shows : received by the visa office

Good luck and keep us updated when you receive your AOR from Buffalo

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984 said:
MarkCan said:
UPDATE:

Found a Buffalo case on trackitt that was from Dec '08. At least some cases are inching closer to 2009. There is still hope.

Mark
Was the case approved Mark?
Yes, the case was approved.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
omaus25:

Welcome to the forum pal. Keep us posted of your developments. Good luck to you.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
ride_thelight:

It is safer to take IELTS and get the required 16 points than leave it in the hands of the immigration officer to decide it for you.

Mark

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hye Guys!!!!!!!

Listen!!!!! I got my AOR from buffalo......................finally...... althu its not a complete letter via e mail but Actually, I e mailed them regarding my status and in return they e mailed me that:-
"you request has been forwarded to the processing team who will look into it"" BUT THE SUBECT OF THAT MAIL GOT A DIFFERENT NO. from CIO which starts with B............ I tried that no. on e-cas and it works. So, is that my new AOR ,,right??????. I think my AOR was already generated but somehow they forgot to e mail me???????

Please share.......................

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi guys,

Does Buffalo issue File No. after checking Docs. or without checking them??? If I got AOR that means they checked my file and supporting documents and entered me in their database and now I am in a waiting list for the futher precessing???

PLZ SHARE...................

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
bravoo said:
Hi guys,

Does Buffalo issue File No. after checking Docs. or without checking them??? If I got AOR that means they checked my file and supporting documents and entered me in their database and now I am in a waiting list for the futher precessing???

PLZ SHARE...................
Bravoo,

I'm not sure how Buffalo goes about their processing. I received AOR from Buffalo on March 18th 2009 for an application that was sent on November 14th 2008. The application was sent before the new rules came into play. To date I do not know whether my application went to the CIO in Sydney for initial eligibility or was screened in Biffalo itself. For whole 6 months (since I received the AOR), the E case status showed "Application Received". Then they suddenly transferred my case to Detroit on Oct 27th 2009. Then the E case status changed to "In Process" on Nov 18th 2009. In subsequent email correspondences with Detroit (on Nov 18th), I learnt that my file was screened on Nov 9th and further correspondence is being sent by regular mail. I'm waiting for their mail to learn the verdict and whether they need any additional documents from me. I'll update when I hear from them.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo,

yes they checked your documents for completeness and created a file for you on their database, and the file number that you used is your new file number from Buffalo, but i have no idea why haven't they sent you the AOR to confirm the reciept of your application at the begining.

Anyway, you are in the safe side now good luck.

mpapdp.1984

If your documents are complete, i think the correspondence which were sent to you by mail are your medical check forms.

Good luck.

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
Hey Folks,

At which stage do we need to proof funds - should it be submitted with the application or shown only while landing?

Can someone list all the items that are to be submitted to the Buffalo office after AOR from NS recvd, please?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuxey said:
Hey Folks,

At which stage do we need to proof funds - should it be submitted with the application or shown only while landing?

Can someone list all the items that are to be submitted to the Buffalo office after AOR from NS recvd, please?

Hi tuxey,

Here are the document checklist for Buffalo visa office containing all of the supporting documents that must be sent with your application to thier visa office in the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

Good luck.

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
professional 1 ,,

Thanks for your reply............... NOW I can think that it gona take me Approx. 6-8 months for medicals.
well,, hope for the best for all who are on the immigration boat.

THANKS