+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
We should use this forum to boost each other's morale, share our timelines, and keep each other abreast of the latest developments with either our applications or at CIC Buffalo. We are all going through the same agony of waiting for some good news with regards to our applications. Just wanted to share one more update that I have received:

You can most likely expect some response from Buffalo within 12 months of your application being acknowledged by Buffalo. Do not count from the period you send the application to CIO, Sydney.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
MarkCan said:
We should use this forum to boost each other's morale, share our timelines, and keep each other abreast of the latest developments with either our applications or at CIC Buffalo. We are all going through the same agony of waiting for some good news with regards to our applications. Just wanted to share one more update that I have received:

You can most likely expect some response from Buffalo within 12 months of your application being acknowledged by Buffalo. Do not count from the period you send the application to CIO, Sydney.
Completly agree with Mark, Honolulu and Professional. It is meaningless to discuss things which are beyond our control. I think Mark is right. My application is also going through the same timeline. AOR received on 13th march 2009 and now i see some movement again in the application

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
mpapdp.1984 said:
MarkCan said:

Completly agree with Mark, Honolulu and Professional. It is meaningless to discuss things which are beyond our control. I think Mark is right. My application is also going through the same timeline. AOR received on 13th march 2009 and now i see some movement again in the application
u r correct guys...lets enjoy until we hear something..i am gonna enjoy the sunshine today before winter sets in :)

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Guys,

When I heard that my application was transferred from Buffalo to Detroit, I sent an email to the Detroit consulate about this change. Got an email within 2 hours saying that they have not yet received the file and told me to get back to them after 4 weeks. I am imagining they are storing all our applications in a warehouse and moving files around with a crane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
mpapdp.1984 said:
Guys,

When I heard that my application was transferred from Buffalo to Detroit, I sent an email to the Detroit consulate about this change. Got an email within 2 hours saying that they have not yet received the file and told me to get back to them after 4 weeks. I am imagining they are storing all our applications in a warehouse and moving files around with a crane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have heard that it takes 3-6 weeks after file tranfer to get a medical request...

anyways guys there is a good news.on trackitt a person who applied on December 31 got his case transferred to LA today. This means they are close to finishing December cases...hope so..

fyi...he sent docs on Dec 31 to NS. Feb 17 to Buffalo. Feb 27 AOR from Buffalo...file transfered to LA on Nov 11

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just to comment on what mark said 2 days ago about speeding up the processing of applications for people who live in canada, it might be true for very important reason, i will not talk about supporting the canadian economy because i think they prefer to keep us as international students rather than permanent residents to pay more money for our education.

The reason of prioritizing that kind of applications (sent from within canada), might be because they do not give the temporary residents any implied status based on their permanent residence applications at Buffalo, so it is your responsibility to maintain a legal status while your PR application is being processed in Buffalo, otherwise you will have to leave canada.

Therefore, if your application is compelete exactly as they require, they will finalize the processing of the application as soon as possible by giving a level of priority for (within canada applications) over any other applications.

At the end, do not count on my words, that was just my personal opinion which is not based on any facts or formal sources.

Good luck.

branda

Nov 11, 2009
Hi guys!
i'm new here and can i join your topics

I applied in April of 2009, and my current status is as follow:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 23, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on April 28, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi branda,

Are you applying from within canada or the USA ? when did you send your supporting documents to Buffalo

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Branda:

That is the status of most of the applicants right now who have applied to Buffalo. I have seen many cases who applied in '08 and yet have the same status: "Application received". Give yourself a year from the time Buffalo acknowledged your application before you can think of having this process finalized.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984 said:
Guys,

Getting an application transferred to another visa office can set your application back by at least 4-6 weeks. However, if the new office processes it faster than Buffalo, you save up on time there.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prcanada said:
@ professional 1

Are you applying from inside Canada?
What are your timelines

Hi prcanada, yes I am applying from within canada (international student in canada).

My timeline is;

Application received by the CIO: June, 8
Approval letter from CIO: August,19 - (via email)
Full documents received by Buffalo: September, 24
AOR received from Buffalo: October: 21 - (via email)
E-case: Received by the visa office since October 26

I have seen some previous replies for you talking about reducing the tuition fees because you have an application under processing in Buffalo ? what do you mean by that ? can we reduce our tuition fees in canada to pay same as citizens or permanent residents just because we have permanent residents applications under processing at Buffalo visa office ???

branda

Nov 11, 2009
hi prof,
I applied from usa. Supporting documents submitted April,10. Received AOR for Buffalo on April,27 with missing (Additional family form)for my spouse to fill out, wow! i was suprise myself, too. Missing form sent on April 28. Nothing since then.

branda

Nov 11, 2009
hey guys! Need ur advice,please!
i have a total of 9-1/2 years experience in healthcare. 2-1/2years as a Registered Nurse in USA. Unable to obtain letter of employement from previous employers, but submitted paystubs as prove. These paystubs indicated when i started and when i resigned, but i don't know if CIC will accept it as prove of employement experience. Well, i'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh branda, do you mean that you have missed the form at first and they asked you to send it without sending the entire documents back ?

Anyway, what does your e-case status show ? mine is Received by the visa office.