+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
mark_immi said:
Hey guys,

I talked to two doctors..one in NY charges $550 and the one in Newark, NJ charges only $255...has anyone been with a doctor in Newark. I am shocked seeing the price difference
Oh no :((. Why didn't I go to the the $265.... I paid the difference seeing the freaking hot nurse :D.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
Congrats Garian for your visa stamping... Looking forward to hearing your experiences..

From my side, I have been waiting after sending the passports on Sep 29. I got an email from NY visa office in response to my enquiry stating that '..recently they have sent back my pp with visa stamped and COPR. It will take 2 weeks to reach me'.

I guess I wasn't caught in the NY visa quota issue!!

Will keep all posted..

C

Cam1234

Hello Everyone:

I had a question regarding FBI background check for those who have sent their application from the US. I sent my fingerprints and application nearly two months ago :( :mad: :eek: and no response yet. For those of you who have your FBI back ground checks, how long did it take? I'm getting nervous here...

Thank you,
Cam

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark_immi said:
Hey guys,

I talked to two doctors..one in NY charges $550 and the one in Newark, NJ charges only $255...has anyone been with a doctor in Newark. I am shocked seeing the price difference
Hey Mark

One of my friend went to the doctor in Newark, I will try to ask him abt experience he had.
TC

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks room3..let me know...I am thinking to confirm earliest appointment this week..

room3 said:
Hey Mark

One of my friend went to the doctor in Newark, I will try to ask him abt experience he had.
TC

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well here goes. In spite of repeated heeds from various forum members that be there early in the morning, I reached late. Not exactly my fault, as the hotel reception gave me incorrect timing assumptions. Anyway, I would repeat what everyone else said, be there early. In fact, try to be at the HSBC Center around 7:30 AM. Anyway, I reached there at around 8:10 AM. On entering the building, you take the Escalator up to the lobby. There as soon as you enter, there's a guy who would keep saying "Get your passport scanned and motion you to come to him". At the beginning, I was a bit surprised as to how, he could make out that I was not there for any other purpose (I mean Canadian Consulate General is not the only office in the HSBC Center). But, I guess, all others had employee tags and typical visitor visits could be to the CCG. Anyway, he scanned my passport and gave me a Visitor sticker with a number. He then asked me to proceed to the elevator past a security guard to his front and take it to the 30th floor marked with the Red Canadian flag. I did that. Upon reaching upstairs. I was greeted by the good security guy (being referred by Honolulu :) ) who just asked for ehich type of visa and then asked me to shut off my cell phone. He then motioned me as to which queue I should join. It was 8:15 AM and the queue for PRs was considerable. I was 12th in the queue and by that time a few had already been catered too. The waiting area was full, with no seats left. I was cursing myself for being late. However, I joined the queue. The queue to the left was for Visitors / Students. They were being handled by Booth 4. PRs by Booth 5. There were 2 other booths. No. 3, where some interviews were being taken. No. 6 where the Cashier was stationed. Anyway, I calculated that the officer at No. 5 was taking about 5 minutes on each applicant and so it would take until 9:15AM for my turn to come. Again I was concerned that 5 minutes ?? Is some sort of an interview being taken. However, the process fastened up a little later. My turn came at 8:50 AM. By that time, she made an announce,ent to return the stamped passports for 2 applicants already. The only questions she asked me was if I was the last person in the queue and I said no, there are 4-5 people behind me and she sighed "Ah, the line that never ends". She didn't ask me for the Authority Letter for my spouse, asked for only 2 photos each and the PPR e-mail and the passports. She entered some information for 2-3 minutes and then asked me to wait saying that I will be called by my Visitor number. I then waited in the seating area for around an hour and then was called to give me my stamped passports ;D She asked that I verify all details vefore I leave and then I am good to go. Congratulations and you are welcome to land anytime till 19th July 2010. That's it and I was off for the day.

Avayalenovo, hoping to hear the good news from you tomorrow. Just be on time, if you want to get done sooner.

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
garian4u said:
Well here goes. In spite of repeated heeds from various forum members that be there early in the morning, I reached late. Not exactly my fault, as the hotel reception gave me incorrect timing assumptions. Anyway, I would repeat what everyone else said, be there early. In fact, try to be at the HSBC Center around 7:30 AM. Anyway, I reached there at around 8:10 AM. On entering the building, you take the Escalator up to the lobby. There as soon as you enter, there's a guy who would keep saying "Get your passport scanned and motion you to come to him". At the beginning, I was a bit surprised as to how, he could make out that I was not there for any other purpose (I mean Canadian Consulate General is not the only office in the HSBC Center). But, I guess, all others had employee tags and typical visitor visits could be to the CCG. Anyway, he scanned my passport and gave me a Visitor sticker with a number. He then asked me to proceed to the elevator past a security guard to his front and take it to the 30th floor marked with the Red Canadian flag. I did that. Upon reaching upstairs. I was greeted by the good security guy (being referred by Honolulu :) ) who just asked for ehich type of visa and then asked me to shut off my cell phone. He then motioned me as to which queue I should join. It was 8:15 AM and the queue for PRs was considerable. I was 12th in the queue and by that time a few had already been catered too. The waiting area was full, with no seats left. I was cursing myself for being late. However, I joined the queue. The queue to the left was for Visitors / Students. They were being handled by Booth 4. PRs by Booth 5. There were 2 other booths. No. 3, where some interviews were being taken. No. 6 where the Cashier was stationed. Anyway, I calculated that the officer at No. 5 was taking about 5 minutes on each applicant and so it would take until 9:15AM for my turn to come. Again I was concerned that 5 minutes ?? Is some sort of an interview being taken. However, the process fastened up a little later. My turn came at 8:50 AM. By that time, she made an announce,ent to return the stamped passports for 2 applicants already. The only questions she asked me was if I was the last person in the queue and I said no, there are 4-5 people behind me and she sighed "Ah, the line that never ends". She didn't ask me for the Authority Letter for my spouse, asked for only 2 photos each and the PPR e-mail and the passports. She entered some information for 2-3 minutes and then asked me to wait saying that I will be called by my Visitor number. I then waited in the seating area for around an hour and then was called to give me my stamped passports ;D She asked that I verify all details vefore I leave and then I am good to go. Congratulations and you are welcome to land anytime till 19th July 2010. That's it and I was off for the day.

Avayalenovo, hoping to hear the good news from you tomorrow. Just be on time, if you want to get done sooner.
Congrats Garian4u!! Thats is a good summary. Best of luck for your landing.

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Guys,

I have some good news. I received PPR and RPRF request today (20mins ago) from the LA office.
It has taken me 11 months and 1 week from the I mailed my application to CIO to reach this point.

Thank you all for supporting me and answering all my quires.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jang said:
Guys,

I have some good news. I received PPR and RPRF request today (20mins ago) from the LA office.
It has taken me 11 months and 1 week from the I mailed my application to CIO to reach this point.

Congratulations!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:

Good job!

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
garian4u said:

Thanks for this very detailed story, garian.
I have noted some important information from this post. Thanks for the well wish. I'm now in the airport and waiting to board. I'd reach BUF by 11PM tonight. I will surely be on time, thanks for your advice! Again, congratulations!!! :D

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
jang said:
Guys,

Congratulations, jang! ;D

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
garian4u said:

Great Experience, should be 2011 above ;)

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
jang said:
Guys,

Congrats...... I can wait to get my PPR....

G

gte439u

Cam1234 said:
Hello Everyone:

I had a question regarding FBI background check for those who have sent their application from the US. I sent my fingerprints and application nearly two months ago :( :mad: :eek: and no response yet. For those of you who have your FBI back ground checks, how long did it take? I'm getting nervous here...

Thank you,
Cam
You should expect a delay of at least 10 weeks to receive your FBI background check.

If you do not receive your FBI check by the 120 day deadline, simply submit a letter explaining this and then forward the FBI check to the visa office.