Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011 App. Delivered: 25-01-2011 CC Charged....: 27-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011 PCC Req........: 18-04-2011 Medical Req....: 07-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent w/App Payment.........: CC DHL Signed By: DOUG
asoo62 said:
I have a question in my mind, when an applicant is asked to send an IELTS result, it means that his / her eligibility review is done and the only flaw is an academic test result, right? because otherwise CIO wouldn't bother asking for it, not knowing if the application would pass through the review or not. So does that mean ER has reached to that date? like the end of Oct? If yes, so why are they one month behind in announcing PERs?
I do not think the eligibility reviews are done for the applicants that receive GEN IELTS Requests...
Since the eligibility review is a more complex process that would take longer, but a simple check for the IELTS type can be done at completeness check for example... This is actually in fact part of the completeness check, only one that they give second chances because of the confusion they created with this particular requirement...

This would not be a waste of time, since IELTS exams are not very often and take a while to get results.
CIO might just notice at initial check ... "oh oh... GEN IELTS missing from this application, how 'bout we let this person know about it and by the time we finish eligibility review he can have his IELTS as well"...

I actually think is a good think by doing this instead of sending back the application at the end of eligibility review because of missing GEN IELTS, or just storing it there somewhere and waiting for applicant. Like this everyone is working (applicant and CIO) so one doesn't have to wait for the other...

My 2 cents...

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
nitinkalra99 said:
Thank you God!!

Dear Friends

I joined this forum,................
..........Cheers :D
Congrats dear Nitin......

Cheers, Anil

visara

Dec 13, 2010
fargo, ND
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent to cic
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
hopefully february
IELTS Request
sent along app
File Transfer...
wish it went faster
Med's Request
none
Interview........
hopefully soon
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
soon will
guys me totally lost
i sent in my application and was wondering what in the world is PER and NER???
and what do i except next???
and what is AOR number???
so far my BD is cashed..
help!!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visara said:
guys me totally lost
i sent in my application and was wondering what in the world is PER and NER???
and what do i except next???
and what is AOR number???
so far my BD is cashed..
help!!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Deep breaths!

The PER is the Positive Eligibility Review and NER is Negative Eligibility Review.

Basically when CIO gets your application, they deposit the money you sent, and then review your application. This can take between 100-140 days after the application gets to CIO.

After they review it, they send you an email. This is the Eligibility review. They assign you a UCI number (unless you have one already from a Work Permit) and an Application number (starting with B) and state whether you have passed the review, or if you have failed it. If it's a pass, then we call those emails PERs, if it's a fail, then thats referred to as an NER.

The next step, if you get a PER, is the application is forwarded to the Visa office by CIO. So far nobody has reached anything after that.

Hope this helps :)

ralfee

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2010
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2011
Med's Done....
started 28-09-2011 completed 01-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
soon!
Congratulations Queencougar and the others who received PERs within the last 2 days. Glad that the pace is increasing again.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
nursemich said:
You haven't asked the reason yet. Those who have decided not to pursue probably doesn't just waste money and time, it is with for a reasonable cause.. In my situation, I also got a very irresistible offer in New Zealand this coming July but asking the question above, doesn't mean I am not serious with my application in Canada, its just that I haven't decided yet which to pursue. I am in the verge of a dilemma right now because I don't want to say to myself some day that I should have chosen the other one.. :(
No disrespect meant to your particular circumstances, nursemich.
I understand some people do have very good reasons for changing their mind that come completely out of the blue, such as family and personal issues.
However, my experience of meeting several people now who have changed their minds is that there is no good reason for the majority. I find it impossible to understand!
If you go to Canada, you can always go to NZ later in life or maybe the other way round, if this offer is too good to pass up. Life is long enough to do both and your skills are in demand the world over, which puts you in an enviable position.
Good Luck whichever you choose. ;D

Amro Elsayed

Sep 7, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
where are the PERs of today nothing today what happen ??

Amro

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
voicu said:
I do not think the eligibility reviews are done for the applicants that receive GEN IELTS Requests...
Since the eligibility review is a more complex process that would take longer, but a simple check for the IELTS type can be done at completeness check for example... This is actually in fact part of the completeness check, only one that they give second chances because of the confusion they created with this particular requirement...

This would not be a waste of time, since IELTS exams are not very often and take a while to get results.
CIO might just notice at initial check ... "oh oh... GEN IELTS missing from this application, how 'bout we let this person know about it and by the time we finish eligibility review he can have his IELTS as well"...

I actually think is a good think by doing this instead of sending back the application at the end of eligibility review because of missing GEN IELTS, or just storing it there somewhere and waiting for applicant. Like this everyone is working (applicant and CIO) so one doesn't have to wait for the other...

My 2 cents...
This would certainly make sense as a strategy to save time and perhaps that is what they are doing now, but it has been reported that some applicants have had their PER for a few weeks and then they get this request for the General IELTS
I think this supports the theory that it this was originally a genuine mistake by CIO, perhaps by an inexperienced Officer. Once this was discovered and those applicants informed, CIO went through and checked more carefully the type of IELTS that all applicants had submitted and made the decision to give them a chance to submit the correct test.
I hope there are no more members who will have this nasty shock after having celebrated their PER before Christmas.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
What a shame there have been no PER today.
Hopefully Wednesday will bring another rush of success for everyone who is waiting.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nursemich said:
You haven't asked the reason yet. Those who have decided not to pursue probably doesn't just waste money and time, it is with for a reasonable cause.. In my situation, I also got a very irresistible offer in New Zealand this coming July but asking the question above, doesn't mean I am not serious with my application in Canada, its just that I haven't decided yet which to pursue. I am in the verge of a dilemma right now because I don't want to say to myself some day that I should have chosen the other one.. :(
Hi Nursemich. IMO I would definitely get your landed PR visa. The rules will IMO become stricter and stricter, and indeed in future there may not even be a Category 1 and you will not be able to get into Canada as a Skiller Worker without a job offer. Once you have completed your landing process you still have 3 years to make up your mind, since you only have to live in Canada 2 years out of every 5 to maintain your residency status. In fact you have 1 year from the date of your medicals before you have to land. So if you time things correctly you could get up to 4 years to make your mind up for good before you need to move to Canada.

There is nothing whatsoever to prevent you from trying your New Zealand opportunity, whilst still keeping your Canadian residency alive.

It would be a shame to withdraw your Canadian PR application now only to wish in years' time that you had done it.

However, I must concur with Queencougar in that if applicants voluntarily withdraw their applications they cannot really expect their application fees back.

Best of luck with it,
Wayne.

ashokrenwa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
18-03-2011 - Dated 10th March
IELTS Request
7 Band - Score
File Transfer...
FEB - 2011
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Congarts to all who received PERS.. when will Oct 10 applicants recieve them, any guess???

aSHOK...

M

marocain

Cappuccino said:
Visa office will not do the eligibility review. This correspondence is a mistake and several people have received similar errors, only to be re-notified by visa office that this is an error and that their file is being transported to visa office.

Although the visa office errors are concerning, they do rectify themselves once queried.

Wayne.
I hope you are right, I still can't find any document saying the VO will not re-do the eligibility review.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Congrats to all that received PERs.
A hearty congrats to Queencougar.

Good luck to October applicants. We are getting there.

Shalom