+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

snowman

Dec 20, 2010
very disappointing news about zint's file. I suggest to prepare more evidence about the relative in canada and reapply. I have heard they need some pay bills fot electricity, gas and so on. I pray for your success.

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Transferred to Warsaw on 30/03/2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
Hi all!

Hope everyone is doing fine. ;)

Sorry to hear about rejected applications, and hope they could make an appeal ASAP,before the applications are returned.

And virtually no PER's in quite long time. I wonder what CIO are up to! ???

ash ali

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
FIJI
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY CIO - 09/11/2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
PER - 23/02/11, 2nd AOR - 22/03/11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
15/03/11
Med's Request
25/05/11
Med's Done....
16/06/11 / newborns - 17/11/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!
Passport Req..
26/07/2011 / 06/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2012
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH BY APRIL 2012!!!
zint said:
guys.................. i told you before i had a bad feeling..i was a feeling that something bad is coming .. yes.... it was... i checked my email after 2 days ...

"your application is refused due to insufficient points"

i claimed 67 points in my assessment but they assigned me only 62. no points were awarded due to insufficient evidence to establish a relationship to a relative living in Canada.
i calimed that my spouse has an uncle living there for 30 yrs till now with all supporting documents .. but unfortunately visa officer refused to accept that .........

oh God help me... i am stuck in the middle of nowhere ... nothing was discussed about refund in email ... although my BD was encashed in September..

i dont know why 2 similar cases about adaptability of "having relative in Canada" refuses back to back ...

now i lost hope :-[ :-X :'(
sad to here about zint's case....this is the second case with CIO's wrong interpretation of points..

what are they upto????at first they make us feel happy by giving applicants a second chance with ielts GT...on the other hand they give NER by chopping off points......

Now m worried what will come next...seems like anything can happen to those without PER......oh god this wait is killing me.....

ash

zint

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 31-01-2012
canada0801 said:
This would be an interesting development, if true.
Could you elaborate, as clearly as possible:
A) what evidence did you submit for proof of qualifying relationship to applicants uncle?

Also, just curious and irrelevant to above Q., did you apply by yourself or hired an immigration law firm/counsel?

I tend to think that you and the other applicant simply did not provide sufficient evidence and it will be apparent to you if you take a closer look at requirements and what was submitted along with your app.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"What you must do is prove three things. First, you must prove his status in Canada through a Canadian birth certificate, passport, citizenship certificate, or a record of landing or permanent resident card.

You must also show that he is living here. This is usually accomplished through a provincial driver's license, a Canadian employment letter, a deed to property here, utility bills etc.

As for proving his relationship, there is no method stated in our immigration laws for doing so. Normally, you will be asked to provide the birth certificate of your parent who is your uncles' sibling. You will also need your uncle's birth certificate. Both certificates should show the same parents. This proves that your uncle is the sibling of one of your parents."

From www.justlanded.com web blog

friend i applied by myself, second i provided my spouse's uncle pssprt and his statement in our favor establishing his relationship with her. and most of all when u fill family Information form u write your spouse and every dependent family members details. in most of birth certificates the name of grandfather is written in many countries. the govt. institutions like CIC can check their record by click on their citizenship database where any siblings details of every single Canadian is stored. even someones's brother or sister are not living in Canada but they've got all in the record .. thats what they have to verify on security check stage.. not in initial stage .. even i have read op6,in these cases when doubts are born they "cic" can ask the applicant to demonstrate on any issue..
but i would like to say that the story is now end from my side,, i have never been disappointed in my whole life before but cic made me the same .. but the ppl who r still on board waiting for their PERs, Medicals, and Landing [size=10pt]"BEST OF LUCK"[/size]

ash ali

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
FIJI
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY CIO - 09/11/2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
PER - 23/02/11, 2nd AOR - 22/03/11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
15/03/11
Med's Request
25/05/11
Med's Done....
16/06/11 / newborns - 17/11/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!
Passport Req..
26/07/2011 / 06/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2012
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH BY APRIL 2012!!!
Travel Dream said:
CIO doesn't give points for the spouse's relatives ( if you are the main applicant )
it clearly says in the Canadian FSW application guide that if u or ur spouse have a relative in Canada with PR can have 5 pts for adaptibility:

Relatives in Canada:
 You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative, i.e., parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, (sibling), child of a grandparent, (aunt/uncle), or grandchild of a parent, (niece or nephew), who lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished my article on dealing with unfair NERs, please check out the blog: http://get2canada.wordpress.com/ :)

voicu

Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011 App. Delivered: 25-01-2011 CC Charged....: 27-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011 PCC Req........: 18-04-2011 Medical Req....: 07-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent w/App Payment.........: CC DHL Signed By: DOUG
Hi all,

Can I get added in the spreadsheet as well?

Thanks.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
zint said:
friend i applied by myself, second i provided my spouse's uncle pssprt and his statement in our favor establishing his relationship with her. and most of all when u fill family Information form u write your spouse and every dependent family members details. in most of birth certificates the name of grandfather is written in many countries. the govt. institutions like CIC can check their record by click on their citizenship database where any siblings details of every single Canadian is stored. even someones's brother or sister are not living in Canada but they've got all in the record .. thats what they have to verify on security check stage.. not in initial stage .. even i have read op6,in these cases when doubts are born they "cic" can ask the applicant to demonstrate on any issue..
but i would like to say that the story is now end from my side,, i have never been disappointed in my whole life before but cic made me the same .. but the ppl who r still on board waiting for their PERs, Medicals, and Landing [size=10pt]"BEST OF LUCK"[/size]
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You don't have to lose hope. I will advise that you get a good lawyer to have a look at your submission and see if there is a way out. Especially f your claim to a relation in Canada has been ignored. I also suspect that the reason why your AOR and some others are delayed is to afford CIC the chance to verify claims regarding relationships etc. It is at this point when nobody can come up with a solution that you need an expert who can call CIC to question and make a case on your behalf. Some cases are not as clear cut as some people on this forum seem to assume.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
CanadaJimmy said:
Just finished my article on dealing with unfair NERs, please check out the blog: http://get2canada.wordpress.com/ :)
Just read it nice article Jimmy :)
Wayne.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
zint said:
The passport does not serve (on its' own merit) as a proof of your uncle being related to your husband.
At least in theory anyone can include a copy of a passport of someone in Canada with written statement of relationship.
However, birth certificates (as also mentioned in an article i copy pasted earlier) can serve as a clear proof of relationship (your uncles BC having the names of his parents and one of your spouses parent's having the BC with the matching names of parents etc.)
Thus, having provided the BC you would have satisfied an initial inquiry into eligibility for points and there would be no doubts at this stage as to your husbands relationship to his uncle in Canada (remember, as an applicant the burden of proof is on YOU).
It would then be up to local VO to conduct further background search and to VALIDATE the claims made on submitted documents (and particularly in this order , not vice versa).

By not providing sufficient evidence you are burdening the CIO officer in Sydney to do the job he didn't feel like HE had to do for YOU (why would they want to spend time and resources to start a background check and find out addl proof of your husband's uncle's relationship to your husband?).
As a result your app got returned to you (and perhaps out of frustration, as i suspect there must have been many similar cases where applicants simply assume that it's CIO's responsibility to establish the proof of relationship on behalf of an applicant).

If you applied under category where the CAP has not been reached yet then you can simply do it right this time and resubmit your application with AS MUCH of documented evidence as CIO may deem necessary.
If your category CAP is reached already then good luck and try to apply next year with everything intact.

Many people here write posts and encourage each other just to make themselves and others feel good.
I will not do the same. I believe your objective is to qualify and get a PR in Canada rather than hear sugarcoated compliments to you and useless vilification of CIC.
Be practical. Focus. Do what necessary. Follow the app. guidelines meticulously.

Good luck!

chima1980

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October,27,2010
AOR Received.
PER received April 18th
IELTS Request
Included with app
Dear all
To anyone who got PER and claimed points of relationship in Canada.
Can you clarify us what documents that you give to CIO regarding the proof of relationship?
Chima

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
chima1980 said:
Dear all
To anyone who got PER and claimed points of relationship in Canada.
Can you clarify us what documents that you give to CIO regarding the proof of relationship?
Chima

I submittwd below documents:
Copy of my aunt passport
Copy of her citizobship card
Copy of her T4 (tax form)
A utility bill
Copy of her birth certificate
A copy of my father birth certificate and i made sure that their parents name spell is exactly the same in the translation

I had more than 67 points when i count so I am not sure they accepted these docs when they gave my PER or not

I hope it helps you

apple3981

Nov 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada0801 said:
The passport does not serve (on its' own merit) as a proof of your uncle being related to your husband.
Woow... I think in your haste you did not read carefully: " i provided my spouse's uncle pssprt and his statement in our favor establishing his relationship with her[/u].

Next time make sure you leave some time in between when you take your medicine and when you let your fingers loose on the keyboard, lol

chima1980

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October,27,2010
AOR Received.
PER received April 18th
IELTS Request
Included with app
mari1981 said:
I submittwd below documents:
Copy of my aunt passport
Copy of her citizobship card
Copy of her T4 (tax form)
A utility bill
Copy of her birth certificate
A copy of my father birth certificate and i made sure that their parents name spell is exactly the same in the translation

I had more than 67 points when i count so I am not sure they accepted these docs when they gave my PER or not

I hope it helps you
Thank you.Mari1981
For your valuable post. :D

Chima

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Cappuccino said:
Nope. All we're heard from visa offices are "your papers are in transit", or a few ppl have been wrongly told that they need to send all their docs to them within 120 days (i.e. the old system not the new system).

Wayne.
Thank Wayne.
I understand , since VO are dealing with both old and new (pre and post june), they are making mistakes or just hasn't got used to new (post-june) system.

I thought VO would be faster that CIO, since balk of the work ( completeness check, CC/BD charging ,check all the docs) were finished at CIO.
They should have some time scale to finish the process for post june. So I hope they will start dealing the things in correct way.

Regards,
zahed