File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
keyvan said:
Hi, may I ask you to give us an idea about fees?
Athabasca University
Courses:
The following all-inclusive fees apply to Canadian and non-Canadian students who live temporarily or permanently outside Canada. Canadian students living and working abroad for a Canadian embassy, consulate, or the Canadian Forces, refer to Section 5.3.1 or 5.3.2.

Credit Weight Regular and Audit Registrations
(per course)

0 credit $960
1 credit $266
3 credit $971
4 credit $1,129
6 credit $1,445
9 credit $1,919

One major subject/course during the 1-full year of study is 3 credits.

Programm certificate in accounting for example takes 30 credits.

In some other universities can be cheaper. Plus, there is multiple awards programs and scholarships.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
mayankpandya said:
Thanks... But i am looking for about FD details. Do you think that bank will give me in letter about FD details ???
No idea mate. You will have to check that with your bank.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Its nice to have news on FSW. ...+1 for u.

mayankpandya said:
Dear All,

http://www.high-demand-jobs.com/2011/01/january-2010-visa-bulletin.html

January 2011 Visa Bulletin

Six months from now, Centralized Intake Office will temporarily stop accepting new applications (without arranged employment) under Federal Skilled Worker program. Through another ministerial instruction, a new list of in-demand occupations will be set for priority processing. If your application is not yet filed, this means you still have ample time to send your application to CIO!

If your job classification is not in the current priority list, make sure you get your documents and application forms ready before the end of June 2011. The sooner, the better. The new list may be made available by July 2011. You should be able to file your application as soon as your occupation opens. The cap on the applications to be accepted may be filled up in just a couple of months.

------------------
This link is not Official... But from Immigration consultant .

Regards,

Mayank

punter

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
katyspring said:
Hi dear friends,

Congratulations to our Jan 10th PER receivers;Johnyusa and Alex 007, And all the best wishes for those in the qeue!

Made,Zint, Akram Maher, Midoo, Rina,Queencougar,shacon, Carl,snipper,kolhapouri,YesBoss,punter,Victory and Paddy;

You are all in my prayers.

I hope your anxiety wilh come to a very happy end by tonight! ;)
Thanks for your prayers and wishes Katy....I'm also hoping and praying for myself and all....hope the wait is not too long for all of us...

kuwabunsi

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Cur-Rozen said:
Wanted to share with you my positive feelings about education experience for future job in Canada.
I have applied for distance learning in Athabasca University for Marketing specialty. It is so inspiring and promising!!! From 1 January I started my study. I received printed materials (book, Canadian edition). I would like to say its quality is far far higher than in my country books we have. All marketing examples and Canada market oriented. Very interesting!

When I will apply for the job (I plan to do it before landing), I will point it in my CV as Canadian experience/education. And I think it will help me pretty much with future employment.

I suggest to everybody who can afford this and have no internet problem to start doing Canadian education from home country!
Is that true? Can someone apply under Canadian Experience Class if you study through Distance Learning?

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Those whose credit card is charged. Can u advise what is the benificiary name in ur card statement. Is it cic or receiver general of canda. Or some othler name. I need to advise my bank so thoy dont block the card charging attempt. Realy appreciate ur hell

C

Cam1234

Re: A Word About the Nurse Cap on Marc Laforce's BLOG

mlaforce said:
Dear Forum:

Allow me to reply on some of the remarks regarding our BLOG entry with respect to the nurse cap.

Public forums are fun to read but can be harsh and dead-wrong at times.

The question of police reports at the CIO stage is irrelevant as CIC advises applicants not to submit their police certificates in this stage - precisely because they have limited validity and they will expire by the time the application is forwarded to the visa post.

On whether work references need to be "recent" is not true. Experience can go back 10 years; does that mean you need a recent verification letter for a job that took place in 2004? And what if the supervisor or manager, let alone the company, is no longer in place? We submit "old" references all the time and CIC will accept them if they believe it to be accurate and truthful at the time it was signed. And don't estimate the power of providing a reasonable explanation on your cover letter as to why you're submitting a six-month verification letter in the first place.

The comment about forms is valid - but CIC generally allows for a reasonable transition period whereby an old form is accepted provided there's no policy change.

But the most critical point here for those sceptical people is this. What strategy do they have? Give up? Do nothing? One of the forum people remarked that it took many months for the cap to be reached and that the same will be true next year. Perhaps- but that was for the year the cap was introduced (in 2010). For those of you familiar with the US system, whereby a cap can be reached within days, a similar situation will exist in Canada; and that was my point in my BLOG. The fact that the nurse cap is closed now doesn't mean that all prospect clients are suddenly going to give up on their plans to file in Canada. Stock-piling applications have been a reality in many countries that have a cap system. (And Canada is new to the CAP system for this particular stream.) True, some prefer to file when they have absolute assurance about the future. And that's fine. Others, who follow the labour market closely, we'll make an assumption that the nurse profession will continue to see demand. If people begin to stock-pile applications today, and if you believe that there's a high chance that the application will be eligible next year in July 2011, then you have to assume that there's a chance that CIC will receive 1000 applications in a single day - just like USCIS received over 64,000 H-1B applications in a single day for many years (until now - true).

"Blatant scaremongering" to "drum up trade" theory. That's a harsh statement. If you read the tone of the BLOG, it is meant to reassure and calm people down. More to the point, our BLOGS are worded for the benefit of our Clients. There's no additional "trade" to win - those are our existing clients.

I say stock-pile is the way of the future (unfortunately) - it is inevitable in a cap regime.
Mr. LaForce:

I remember a while back when a few paragraphs of your blog were posted here by an applicant. Just a few comments:

In the original blog segment posted here you were recommending people to submit applications to you for stockpiling not only for nurses NOC 3152, but also for professional services to management NOC 1122.

While no one truly knows whether these NOCs are going to be listed again by the Ministry this July, you went further on your blog to suggest there were behind the scenes talks going on by certain law firms with CIC. These talks were aimed to convince CIC to accept more applications than the 1000 cap in various NOCs, because the 20,000 general cap will no not be reached.

While I have no idea what is taking place "behind the scenes," I can certainly tell you from what I have read to date from Minister Kenney, that accepting more than 1000 applications in any NOC goes directly against what CIC is trying to accomplish. The caps are there for a reason; that is how many people they feel they need in each of those categories.

Now for informational purposes, if some applicants believe what you are saying, and submit their applications to you to be stockpiled, could you tell us how much you charge for this service? And if your behind the scene efforts with CIC fail, they don't accept more applications above the 1000 cap, and the NOCs applications are submitted under disappear come July 2011, how much of their money can applicants expect to get back?

You wrote: "Public forums are fun to read but can be harsh and dead-wrong at times." I disagree, for the most up to date info of what is taking place with the post June 26 applicants, this is the best place to come for accurate information. Our spreadsheet alone can generally determine within a few days when your application would be cashed after receipt at CIO. Similarly most people can determine when they would receive their email for passing the final eligibility review. Furthermore, any changes in application guidelines are immediately discovered by one of our forum members... I honestly believe most attorneys and consultants would benefit immensely from reading this forum.

All in my opinion,
Cam

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cam1234 +1 from me ;)

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
humsafar said:
Those whose credit card is charged. Can u advise what is the benificiary name in ur card statement. Is it cic or receiver general of canda. Or some othler name. I need to advise my bank so thoy dont block the card charging attempt. Realy appreciate ur hell
It was something like "Canada Office, Sydney"

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
My application is just received by M. Krszwda. Never heard this name on forum. Is there any one else whose application is received by same person

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kuwabunsi said:
Is that true? Can someone apply under Canadian Experience Class if you study through Distance Learning?
I was applying under Federall Skilled Worker. And this education was not a part of my application. but i guess, if you do the enire degree and get their diploma - it is the same as the regular one (not distance learning).

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
humsafar said:
My application is just received by M. Krszwda. Never heard this name on forum. Is there any one else whose application is received by same person
Quite many people. Including me. Don't worry :) Things are just starting for you!

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am in the mood today :) So many posts by me... more than for a month :)
I know, it is because of soon PER

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Re: A Word About the Nurse Cap on Marc Laforce's BLOG

Cam1234 said:
Mr. LaForce:

I remember a while back when a few paragraphs of your blog were posted here by an applicant. Just a few comments:

In the original blog segment posted here you were recommending people to submit applications to you for stockpiling not only for nurses NOC 3152, but also for professional services to management NOC 1122.

While no one truly knows whether these NOCs are going to be listed again by the Ministry this July, you went further on your blog to suggest there were behind the scenes talks going on by certain law firms with CIC. These talks were aimed to convince CIC to accept more applications than the 1000 cap in various NOCs, because the 20,000 general cap will no not be reached.

While I have no idea what is taking place "behind the scenes," I can certainly tell you from what I have read to date from Minister Kenney, that accepting more than 1000 applications in any NOC goes directly against what CIC is trying to accomplish. The caps are there for a reason; that is how many people they feel they need in each of those categories.

Now for informational purposes, if some applicants believe what you are saying, and submit their applications to you to be stockpiled, could you tell us how much you charge for this service? And if your behind the scene efforts with CIC fail, they don't accept more applications above the 1000 cap, and the NOCs applications are submitted under disappear come July 2011, how much of their money can applicants expect to get back?

You wrote: "Public forums are fun to read but can be harsh and dead-wrong at times." I disagree, for the most up to date info of what is taking place with the post June 26 applicants, this is the best place to come for accurate information. Our spreadsheet alone can generally determine within a few days when your application would be cashed after receipt at CIO. Similarly most people can determine when they would receive their email for passing the final eligibility review. Furthermore, any changes in application guidelines are immediately discovered by one of our forum members... I honestly believe most attorneys and consultants would benefit immensely from reading this forum.

All in my opinion,
Cam
Indeed I believe they would benefit from reading this forum. They might even know that CIC are now strongly advising people to include their PCC, as opposed to completely the opposite which this Mr. LaForce guy tried to convince us of a few posts ago. Surely you would think it's an immigration's lawyer/consultant's job to keep themselves up to date with CIC guidelines? This change came about 2 months ago, so plenty of time to spend a few minutes reading.

My experience with immigration lawyers and consultants, and I apologise in advance because there may well be some very good ones out there, is that they are mainly out to get your money at all costs, and you can do a better job of your application by using forums such as these. I've been mislead when talking to some lawyers, and downright lied to by others. I've talked to a lawyer at an immigration fair who had not only never even heard of an eligiblity review, but also described FSW1 somewhat inaccurately as a "lottery" and pushed for FSW2, because looking behind the scenes he wanted the additional revenue generated by securing you a job via his employment agency. And I am now very glad we did not part with any money and decided to do our application ourselves.

As I say I apologise to any lawyers/consultants out there who do not fall into this category, but this is just my own experience.

But the inaccuracies posted recently by Mr LaForce only help to convince me that my opinion is correct.

Wayne.