NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
AOR Received.
07-10-2010
Dear all,
Both the CIO checklist and VO specific checklist ask for the following documents:
1. Forms:
(1) Application for Permanence Residence (IMM 0008)
(2) Schedule 1: Background Declaration
(3) Schedule 3: Economic Classes-Federal Skilled Workers
(4) Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Do we have to prepare two sets for each office? please advice.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
roseapple08 said:
Dear all,
Both the CIO checklist and VO specific checklist ask for the following documents:
1. Forms:
(1) Application for Permanence Residence (IMM 0008)
(2) Schedule 1: Background Declaration
(3) Schedule 3: Economic Classes-Federal Skilled Workers
(4) Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Do we have to prepare two sets for each office? please advice.
only one set

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Dear all, I am a post June 25, 2010 applicant. My application reached to the CIO on September 02, 2010. At that time my experience was 2 years and 11 months and I claimed points for my 2 years of experience. I could've hold the application for another 1 month and claimed a couple of more points. But the reason I didn't delay was because of the 1000 caps' thing.
Well, I need to know that now that my experience is of 3 years and I need to claim points for these three years, should I email the CIO personnel to award me points for 3 years (as of now), or would they automatically adjust this experience and award me points for 3 years' experience??
After how much time after application receipt do they start calculating points?
I discussed the matter with other senior members and they have advised me to email them and tell them about the current situation.
Could some one also guide me how to email them?
Thanks and best regards

Ammaar

bd1122

Sep 17, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-Sep-9
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Med's Request
31-Aug-2011
berry said:
Hi! BD1122

I really hope this post you mentioned isn`t right.My husband was our primary applicant and he`s employed as a business analyst at a company.All his duties matched those mentioned in the guidelines.As far as the guidelines provided by the cic website,guide etc.I did not not notice anything about having to work externally.Our application was recieved few days back.I really hope everything goes well for both of us.
I also hope that it is not true. But i am really confused. Need help from the experts from here. This link "www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1122" says that "They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.".

bd1122

Sep 17, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-Sep-9
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Med's Request
31-Aug-2011
Need help from the experts. Does any one know about this?

bd1122 said:
Hi,

In this board "canada-immigration-discussion-board/noc-1122-after-26-july-2010-join-here-please-t49245.165.html" "MSM-2332" says that under NOC 1122 you have to take into account that you must be an external consultant to the business and not to be employed by the company."

I am senior brand executive in my company and assess characteristics of products of my company to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs as well as develop and implement the advertising campaigns along with our advertising agency.

I have already sent my application. But after reading the above post i am in doubt whether i will be eligible or not.Do you think that one has to be an external consultant to apply for this NOC?

Thanks.

brabus_

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
Cappuccino said:
I mean this with respect, but as far as I understand there is no "queue" of pre-June-26 versus post-June-26. CIC will handle these two pools of applications as it sees fit, and until somebody starts getting regular AORs we will not really know how they are going to do it.

I understand that you feel it would be unfair if post-June-26th applications were processed before yours, but please also understand that post-June-26th do not have the luxury of a limitless application numbers. Since each NOC has a limit of 1000, and 20000 total, then CIC need to ascertain as quickly as possible that the limit is reached so that they can advertise this, to stop thousands (probably tens of thousands) of people going through the massive time and expense of compiling an application which is doomed to failed before it is even sent.

So here is how I see it:

1) If CIC are counting a post-June-26 FSW1 application as being in the "limit" as soon as it passes the completeness check, then IMO it is fine to process all the pre-June-26 applications first, since this does not affect when CIO are able to advertise they have reached the limit

2) If CIC are not counting a post-June-26 FSW1 application as being in the "limit" UNTIL it has had the eligiblity review complete/AOR/ready to send to visa office, then IMO they have to either process these applications first, or at least have a separate team processing them. If they have to wait until all the May+June applications are processed they by the time they get to the July/August applications they will likely have received many applications over the 1000/20000 limits.

Like I said I can understand why you feel it may be unfair, but it is surely more unfair for tens of thousands of people to spend all that time compiling applications to limits that are already full, than May/June applicants waiting a few more weeks for their AORs?

Wayne.
Cappuccino, thank you for your post :)
I think 1st case is more realistic.

My arguments:
How much time is CIC needed to issue 20000 AOR to fill the CAP, and stop receiving new applications ?
If you answer this question, you will see that it is unrealistic to do that in 1 or 2 months.
Therefore, application IS COUNTED in the CAP pool if it is completed and CC charged, only that.

Every year Sydney processes aprx. 20000-30000 applications, they process them during all YEAR.
Today, we have already 15000-20000 with no AOR at all.
So, Post-june-26 applicants colud receive AOR up to May-June 2011, it depends on when they sent application.

Cappuccino, my wish is that all who applied in Canada immigration receive their AOR and POVL as soon as possible.
I wish everybody goodluck and happiness, nevertheless your applying date, religion or creed or country of origin. :)
Be positive :))

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
brabus_ said:
Cappuccino, thank you for your post :)
I think 1st case is more realistic.

My arguments:
How much time is CIC needed to issue 20000 AOR to fill the CAP, and stop receiving new applications ?
If you answer this question, you will see that it is unrealistic to do that in 1 or 2 months.
Therefore, application IS COUNTED in the CAP pool if it is completed and CC charged, only that.

Every year Sydney processes aprx. 20000-30000 applications, they process them during all YEAR.
Today, we have already 15000-20000 with no AOR at all.
So, Post-june-26 applicants colud receive AOR up to May-June 2011, it depends on when they sent application.

Cappuccino, my wish is that all who applied in Canada immigration receive their AOR and POVL as soon as possible.
I wish everybody goodluck and happiness, nevertheless your applying date, religion or creed or country of origin. :)
Be positive :))
They don't need to issue 20000 AOR, they just to have ascertain that 20000 applications have got to the stage where they count towards the limit. Their wording SUGGESTS that this is when it passes the eligibility review and is placed into processing at visa office, but only CIC knows that for sure.

It really is in CIC's interests to
a) Advertise on their website the moment one of the NOCs reaches the 1000 limit
b) Advertise on their website the moment the total number of FSW1 applications for 2010-2011 reaches 20000

Otherwise as well as costing further applicants a lot of wasted time and money, they are also costing themselves wasted time and money in having to return applications.

So if an application counts towards the limit as soon as it has been card charged/completeness check, they should be able to advertise the limits fairly soon, and then start processing the May/June applicants. If however it counts towards the limit only after an application has passed its eligibility review, then IMO they HAVE to do the post-June-26th applications first else it will be many many months before they can tell when the limit is reached.

Wayne.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
Canadian Love said:
All
For weeks I have been watching your posts and finally decided to share my views.
Firstly, Canada processes all new applications based on new rules separately. This means that a different team processes these applications. There has been a delay in processes because of a re-alignment of resources. This is no queue. This means that each set of application will go into separate lines.

Secondly, David Cohen's office has advised that only 10% of applications have gone into process. Many of the applications are being returned and will be returned for minor reasons. This means that applicants will need to be extremely careful when completing applications.

Thanks
KR
are they going to return the application before they encash or after?

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
ammaartahir said:
Dear all, I am a post June 25, 2010 applicant. My application reached to the CIO on September 02, 2010. At that time my experience was 2 years and 11 months and I claimed points for my 2 years of experience. I could've hold the application for another 1 month and claimed a couple of more points. But the reason I didn't delay was because of the 1000 caps' thing.
Well, I need to know that now that my experience is of 3 years and I need to claim points for these three years, should I email the CIO personnel to award me points for 3 years (as of now), or would they automatically adjust this experience and award me points for 3 years' experience??
After how much time after application receipt do they start calculating points?
I discussed the matter with other senior members and they have advised me to email them and tell them about the current situation.
Could some one also guide me how to email them?
Thanks and best regards

Ammaar
I dont think that you should worry because we need at least 1 year of fuul time work or an equivalent of 37.5 hours a week work for part time.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
People,

Me again :) Great theories and analysis catching up :) Lot of newbies :eek: :eek: Welcome to the club :) :)

Lot of architects joining the club :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let's keep the fire on :)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Rae74

Jul 22, 2010
Hi ,

Can anyone please advise on the below:

I have received the university transcript by speed post yesterday, I have not opened the cover, but I dont see any seal on the part where the envelope is sealed/pasted. Should I send it back to the university for seal or is it fine as it is? The transcripts is in the university envelope itself with speed post seal and everything but the seal is missing on the rear side where the envelope is pasted.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you feel another small envelop inside the main envelop. generally university send the main sealed envelop packed inside a bigger envelop(speed post one), thats what I know.

Before you open the main envelop (exposing u'r self to risk) better call university to ask how many envelop inside the speed post envelop.

BTW which is your university

Rae74 said:
Hi ,

Can anyone please advise on the below:

I have received the university transcript by speed post yesterday, I have not opened the cover, but I dont see any seal on the part where the envelope is sealed/pasted. Should I send it back to the university for seal or is it fine as it is? The transcripts is in the university envelope itself with speed post seal and everything but the seal is missing on the rear side where the envelope is pasted.

Rae74

Jul 22, 2010
pun123 said:
Can you feel another small envelop inside the main envelop. generally university send the main sealed envelop packed inside a bigger envelop(speed post one), thats what I know.

Before you open the main envelop (exposing u'r self to risk) better call university to ask how many envelop inside the speed post envelop.

BTW which is your university

Calicut University , Kerala

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Dear friends,

I made a stupid mistake on my application. My spouse's father name is "Abdul Aziz". But he was also known by Khan, which is father's last name as well. Also, my father in law has deceased in 1998. In all the documents that i have sent along with the application (Spouse BC, Our Marriage certificate), it states "Late Abdul Aziz" there. But on Schedule 1 for my spouse, it is provided as Last Name: Khan and First Name: Abdul. I know its a stupid stupid mistake from my part; somehow "Khan" stayed in my head. But i did not notice it until yesterday. My application is already sent, though it has not arrived at CIO yet. Probably it will reach there tomorrow.

Now, what you experts suggest me? Should i send another Schedule 1 with my spouse signature and an explanation letter stating the situation( with an URGENT stamped on it like some applicants did when they needed to add/update additional information)? or should i just wait? My worry is that, they just might send me the full application back because of the last name is not matching with all other documents.

I am in great dillema now. Please suggest.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
aakash28 said:
Dear friends,

I made a stupid mistake on my application. My spouse's father name is "Abdul Aziz". But he was also known by Khan, which is father's last name as well. Also, my father in law has deceased in 1998. In all the documents that i have sent along with the application (Spouse BC, Our Marriage certificate), it states "Late Abdul Aziz" there. But on Schedule 1 for my spouse, it is provided as Last Name: Khan and First Name: Abdul. I know its a stupid stupid mistake from my part; somehow "Khan" stayed in my head. But i did not notice it until yesterday. My application is already sent, though it has not arrived at CIO yet. Probably it will reach there tomorrow.

Now, what you experts suggest me? Should i send another Schedule 1 with my spouse signature and an explanation letter stating the situation( with an URGENT stamped on it like some applicants did when they needed to add/update additional information)? or should i just wait? My worry is that, they just might send me the full application back because of the last name is not matching with all other documents.

I am in great dillema now. Please suggest.
CIO does not entertain any follow up letters to an application. There are two likely outcome to this situation(both don't favour you).
1. Your application may be returned, as it may fail the completeness check, that is if they look out for contradictions at this stage.
2. If they don't check for information contradictions at this stage, and still do not do so at eligibility stage, then the problem would arise at your specific Visa office, where the checks are more thorough, and could result in the rejection of your application.
You may consider the foregoing, and probably recall your application if you sent it by courier. I have a friend who noticed errors in his application after it was sent, and immediately tracked it, had it recalled, corrected the error, and had it resent .
It will only cost more, but you would have prevented long delays or probably lose this year, if the application is returned now, or at a later stage.
GOODLUCK!!