13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Advance123 said:
The Canadian government is considering cancelling all the backlog applications.

Danger for all old applicants.

Read

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/03/07/pol-immigration-backlog-kenney.html
Given that they had reduced the intake of FSW1 applications from hundreds of thousands per year, to a mere 10,000 max per year, one has to wonder why they don't eliminate the backlog by actually processing the damn applications?

Of course I never expected they could clear the backlog in a year, but I had hoped they would be able to make significant gains in reducing it owing to the vastly reduced intake since June 2010.

If they dream up some law to be able to cancel old applications, they will surely have to spend money refunding all the processing fees?

300,000 applications, let's say an average of $1500 processing fees (could be more) = $450,000,000. I know that's only a very rough guess, but that's half a BILLION dollars. Why not spend that money instead on extra resources to tackle and actually process the backlog?

In order not to flood the market with immigrants who do not have in-demand skills, it would of course be necessary to "ease" the backlog into the system. I don't for a minute suggest it would be wise to process the entire backlog in one year, even if CIC had the resources to do so. But since they clearly don't have the resources / ability / motivation to clear the backlog efficiently I don't see this being a problem anyway.

And whereas I agree with the need to prioritize newer applications in order to meet labour market needs, I think cancelling older applications altogether is grossly unfair on those older applicants who applied in good faith, and may not be eligible under the new rules to apply. They have had the patience to wait this long, I think they deserve the courtesy of being processed.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Advance123 said:

Read

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/03/07/pol-immigration-backlog-kenney.html

+1 for the info anyway, dude.

I also find this paragraph interesting:
"What we are going to be encouraging prospective immigrants to do more and more is try to get a job lined up before they get to Canada. And that will allow us to help bring them in very quickly in the future. So the doors are always going to be open," he said.

Is that an indication that they may be considering eliminating FSW1 altogether, so you cannot come to Canada without a job offer?

Wayne.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Cappuccino said:
Given that they had reduced the intake of FSW1 applications from hundreds of thousands per year, to a mere 10,000 max per year, one has to wonder why they don't eliminate the backlog by actually processing the damn applications?

Of course I never expected they could clear the backlog in a year, but I had hoped they would be able to make significant gains in reducing it owing to the vastly reduced intake since June 2010.

If they dream up some law to be able to cancel old applications, they will surely have to spend money refunding all the processing fees?

300,000 applications, let's say an average of $1500 processing fees (could be more) = $450,000,000. I know that's only a very rough guess, but that's half a BILLION dollars. Why not spend that money instead on extra resources to tackle and actually process the backlog?

In order not to flood the market with immigrants who do not have in-demand skills, it would of course be necessary to "ease" the backlog into the system. I don't for a minute suggest it would be wise to process the entire backlog in one year, even if CIC had the resources to do so. But since they clearly don't have the resources / ability / motivation to clear the backlog efficiently I don't see this being a problem anyway.

And whereas I agree with the need to prioritize newer applications in order to meet labour market needs, I think cancelling older applications altogether is grossly unfair on those older applicants who applied in good faith, and may not be eligible under the new rules to apply. They have had the patience to wait this long, I think they deserve the courtesy of being processed.

Wayne.
You are very right.

Being told your application is cancelled after 3, 4, 5, or 6 years of waiting is really unfair.

Applications shouldn't take more than 6 months to process in order for the application to be relevant to the job market.

Let's just hope the final decision will not be too drastic.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Cappuccino said:
+1 for the info anyway, dude.

I also find this paragraph interesting:
"What we are going to be encouraging prospective immigrants to do more and more is try to get a job lined up before they get to Canada. And that will allow us to help bring them in very quickly in the future. So the doors are always going to be open," he said.

Is that an indication that they may be considering eliminating FSW1 altogether, so you cannot come to Canada without a job offer?

Wayne.
I guess that's the case.

Presently Canada seems to be speeding up job offer applications to people from Ireland, Greece and other struggling European countries.

The decision will make it harder for people from the developing world to get in because some employers may choose to exhibit some prejudice.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( This would be too unfair for some applicants at VO's like Buffalo that although current legislation calls for a processing time of 12 months or less have not been processed for over 16 months. I am sure several applicants would file a lawsuit against CIC for unfair treatment and cancellation of our application due to VO's inefficiencies

Rod

Advance123 said:

Read

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
thebeast184 said:
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( This would be too unfair for some applicants at VO's like Buffalo that although current legislation calls for a processing time of 12 months or less have not been processed for over 16 months. I am sure several applicants would file a lawsuit against CIC for unfair treatment and cancellation of our application due to VO's inefficiencies

Rod
Hi Rod,

I think actually involuntarily cancelling older applications, in addition to being grossly unfair to the applicants in question, would also IMO be legal and political suicide.

In accepting the applicants' processing fee, a legal contract exists between CIC and the applicant. There has been an offer (the invitation to apply), an acceptance (the application) and a consideration (the processing fee).

Offer + acceptance + consideration = legal contract.

The lawsuit costs against CIC for cancelling all backlog applications would IMO be potentially far, far, far greater than any cost to actually knuckle down and process the backlog.

If they are really keen on people having a job before they come here, then sure scrap FSW1 - BUT I would have a compromise, whereby they still have an in-demand list, and applicants get an LMO exemption if they job is in the in-demand list.

This means we don't have a situation with an FSW1 applicant arriving with no job, but also it gives immigrants in occupations which are in demand a fair chance to get a job offer since the employer doesn't have the ballache of securing the LMO from HRDSC.

In short, just have FSW2, but include an LMO/AOE-exemption list of in-demand skills.

Also they could perhaps offer a voluntary cancellation of older applications, whereby applicants could CHOOSE to withdraw their old applications (even if technically in process) for a promise of a (timely!)return of the processing fees.

Then CIC could still potentially eliminate part of the backlog, but they would be doing so with the applicants' consent.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Advance123 said:
I guess that's the case.

Presently Canada seems to be speeding up job offer applications to people from Ireland, Greece and other struggling European countries.

The decision will make it harder for people from the developing world to get in because some employers may choose to exhibit some prejudice.
Well, my experience so far is that employers in Canada are exceptionally unprejudice when it comes to employing those from different nationalities. The software development company I currently work for I think fully half of our Vancouver office are not Canadian. We have employees from UK, Wales, Brazil, Macedonia, Moldova, China, USA and India to name but a few.

However, employees also won't cut people any slack because English isn't their first language. People will still be able to communicate (usually in English, but also French on the east coast) at a decent level.

This is why I think language skills are so important for immigration, and not only should applicants try to get their score on IELTS etc as good as possible to give themselves the best chance of a positive PR decision, but also strong language and communication skills are very important for securing a job.

Wayne.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Kenney and his government should go! It's incredible how he keeps proposing ridiculous measures that work for no one. In two years immigration laws have been changed three times. And now he's considering eliminating the backlog by eliminating applications? Is he nuts? What he's basically telling all of us who have been waiting for over a year, paying for all kind paper work and having our lives in constant limbo : tough, and deal with it! Instead of hiring more people at visa offices and making sure they're efficient , it's the applicants that are getting the blame. Unbelievable.

Cappuccino said:
Hi Rod,

I think actually involuntarily cancelling older applications, in addition to being grossly unfair to the applicants in question, would also IMO be legal and political suicide.

In accepting the applicants' processing fee, a legal contract exists between CIC and the applicant. There has been an offer (the invitation to apply), an acceptance (the application) and a consideration (the processing fee).

Offer + acceptance + consideration = legal contract.

The lawsuit costs against CIC for cancelling all backlog applications would IMO be potentially far, far, far greater than any cost to actually knuckle down and process the backlog.

If they are really keen on people having a job before they come here, then sure scrap FSW1 - BUT I would have a compromise, whereby they still have an in-demand list, and applicants get an LMO exemption if they job is in the in-demand list.

This means we don't have a situation with an FSW1 applicant arriving with no job, but also it gives immigrants in occupations which are in demand a fair chance to get a job offer since the employer doesn't have the ballache of securing the LMO from HRDSC.

In short, just have FSW2, but include an LMO/AOE-exemption list of in-demand skills.

Also they could perhaps offer a voluntary cancellation of older applications, whereby applicants could CHOOSE to withdraw their old applications (even if technically in process) for a promise of a (timely!)return of the processing fees.

Then CIC could still potentially eliminate part of the backlog, but they would be doing so with the applicants' consent.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..
canadestin said:
@ Paramvir n Mitali

just need +1

BTW i have given date for few ppl today who asked in the thread as wellon PM's....

but none give +1

guys u need to give me +1.....for wat u want
ok 1 from

ups hi ha aha aha

isamel :-\

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..
PR said:
Dear Friends,
After how many days does the passports come back from NDVO after DM and how does it come, is it registered post or Courier.
Regards,
PR :D
generally 10 to 15 days

ismael ;)

pinku

Mar 5, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-4-2011
Doc's Request.
sent wid application
AOR Received.
26 may 2011
IELTS Request
sent wid application
Med's Request
23 nov 2011
Med's Done....
12 dec 2011 remedicals done 25 jan 2012
Passport Req..
wid medicals
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
paramveer where r u? i want to send u personal msg but unable to do so

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinku said:
Hi pinku,

You will be eligible to send PM only after 10 posts....you are just short by 3 post.

Mitali

saratracy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
24-04-2013
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
Have been staying in Alberta for almost 3 years
Hi Rod,
I don't think Kenney is so crazy.
I think the government plans to get rid of "old" backlog.
The question is when an application is categorized as a backlog and how many years does it take for backlogs to get old.
The sub-head of the article reads that "All options being considered to clear 7-year application backlog"
So if a backlog is created when a visa office receives application file, those measures are considered by Canadian government to erase applications filed in 2005 backward.
Also my two cents.

Hi Wayne,
welcome back and thanks for your inputs as usual,

saratracy

thebeast184 said:

Rod

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
pinku said:
I am here dear friend ...... Three more posts to go...

kkr.2k6

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2010