21-05-2012 (med recvd line on eCas)
Passport Req..
30-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
Congratulations!

DarKnight said:

Hi! All,

By the grace of God (the almighty), we finally have our Passports back with beautiful looking Canada Visas.

Thank you all for your support (in any way whatsoever). I really appreciate it.

Regards,
DK
P.S.: The Dark Night has ended and its the beginning of a new and bright day. :)

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
thebeast184 said:
Files are returned if you get a NER via Snail mail. It will take a few months though.

Rod
They used to, but they've recently stopped returning the files for those who got NER. Only applications that fail completeness check are now returned.

9j

asharu

Mar 18, 2011
canadestin said:
when i say quota for each national it does not mean the No. of Visas for each nation/country will be same.

The quota depends upon No. of applications received from each national/country.

India, Pakistan n philipnes are the large no. of the applicants. Ghana has very less population compared to these countries n its obvious the applicants will be less too.

May be the quota of Ghanians is full.

For example if Ghana applicants are 20 and Indian Applicants are 80....it wont be fair if CIC issue 20 No. of Visas to both Nationals.

The quota can be in terms of percentage... Example 15% of the applications received from each national/country.
i truly admire your observation but don't you think if this would have been true the CIC would have got a list of immigrant to be entered each year by COUNTRY instead of the selection via NOC... its inevitably true that country with the highest population would have highest number of applicants and their respective visa office would be the busiest one on earth and being biased based on the quota system will only hurt Canada's reputations.

raho61

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
Jan 2011
IELTS Request
sent with doc
File Transfer...
March 2011
Med's Request
16-06-2011
Med's Done....
16-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
MID 2012
asharu said:
i truly admire your observation but don't you think if this would have been true the CIC would have got a list of immigrant to be entered each year by COUNTRY instead of the selection via NOC... its inevitably true that country with the highest population would have highest number of applicants and their respective visa office would be the busiest one on earth and being biased based on the quota system will only hurt Canada's reputations.
Yes I do agree with the opinion.
The process seems essentially flawless and honest.
As far as pace of working of various VO, it does vary at different times.
Clear and straightforward cases are processed earlier (I guess).
Any way, good luck for all those who are in waiting. :) :)

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
saratracy said:
We are in Alberta and it takes only about two weeks to get the health cards from the time we applied in person at a registry office to the time we received them in the mail box. So it depends where you guys plan to stay. My best wishes for your baby and your wife^^
Thanks Satya and Sara for letting me know the health insurance issue after landing. Actually i had not considered health issue because my plan is to just complete the landing process by visiting toronto where i plan to live eventually and then return to USA until March, 2012. I am thinking about whether there will be any issue when we come back to USA on H1 visa or not since my wife will be in her 6 month by then.

Thanks again for the information and suggestion.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
mari1981 said:
An another thing, for sure it is better for your baby to be born in Canada so she/he will be Canadian and and citizenship won't be granted. And also for me it took 3 months after landing to receive the health card in Canada. So to be covered under Canadian insurance for giving birth you should consider landing here at least 3 months in advance. I am not sure after landing and without health card within those 3 months are you still covered or not. It is better to ask someone cos I'm not so sure what are the rules.

Mari
Thanks Mari, i did not consider the health insurance and since, i want to move to Ontario, i would keep that in mind. My main question was coming back to US and was wondering if border patrol agents will allow my wife since she will be in her 6th month by then. Will need your suggestion here.

For moderators, i got my PPR on Aug 10th.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
satyasuman said:
Hey!!

Congratulations on PR and for "would be daddy" status.

I dont know which part of Canada are you planning to land. But, here is what I would say.

Canada has got lot of benifits for the new born babies when compared to USA. Certain provinces in canada would support with some finances as well just for baby. Also, Medical is completely free of cost. No need of insurance company & delivery costs. Just the medicines are to be bought. This is just an example. Lot of other things are there in canada. Do your research and take a best step. You can contact me if you have any questions. Since My current status is also "Would be Daddy", I know certain things now.

Regards,
satya.
Hi Satya, thanks a lot. I will do more research on this topic and will let you know if i have any questions. My main question is since i have a job in USA till March, 2012, we will need to come back. Will there be any issues at US border because of my wife's pregnancy. Thanks again.

punter

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
just done with medicals today. Was hard to get an appointment in our area! Traveled 3 hours south one way!!! Glad is done and over :)

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
mute_man said:
guyz, my address disappeared from ecas. :eek:

application received by CIO: 21 January 2011
NER received: 14 April 2011
Appealed through mail: 17 April 2011
Appealed through FAX: 24 May 2011
Bank Draft Request: 03 June 2011
Bank Draft Received at CIO: 13 June 2011
PER Received: 23 June 2011
ecas changed to IN PROCESS: 22 July 2011 [there were no RBVO stage!!!]
Address Disappeared: 31 July 2011
UPDATE:

2nd AOR from Singapore: Dated 20 July 2011
Address Re-Appeared:12 August 2011 :-\ with same IN PROCESS!!

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
DarKnight said:

Hi! All,

By the grace of God (the almighty), we finally have our Passports back with beautiful looking Canada Visas.
Regards,
DK
P.S.: The Dark Night has ended and its the beginning of a new and bright day. :)
DK Congrats dear good news

When you sent PP's? You did't updated PP request? When ECAS changed to DM?

PAvan

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
anil04_10 said:
CONGRATULATIONS DK .... I am surprised NDVO is still working ..... :p :p :p :p ...I thought they were looking ahead for Deepavali holidays ..... great news ...... All the best.

Cheers, aNil
hehehe thats so funny anil ...

guys i am a big fan of anil's wit, and sense of humour , i am big fan of candestin's observation and analytical skills ( he is just too perfect to become a lawyer or a spy or even a scientist ;D ( i mean it, no pun intended ) i am a great fan of mitali's expressive language, waynes' never say die attitude

lot many things to learn from these forumers

cheerrrrrrssss
wish you all the best ;D
sonir

Darknight .................HUrrrrrrrrrrrrrayyyyyyyyy You got it Man !!!! so happy for you
congratulationsssssss

regards
sonir :)

wucike

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
15-1-2011
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 DM 2-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2014
so i can request CAIPS status by myself. or must via representative. thanks.
mari1981 said:
I sent the email to this email address:
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
I applied by myself. I think when you fill up the forms in the first step you give them an email address for future communications and they only recognize it as your address. Usually if you have a representative, you give them his/her address not yours.

Mari

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonir said:
hehehe thats so funny anil ...

guys i am a big fan of anil's wit, and sense of humour , i am big fan of candestin's observation and analytical skills ( he is just too perfect to become a lawyer or a spy or even a scientist ;D ( i mean it, no pun intended ) i am a great fan of mitali's expressive language, waynes' never say die attitude

lot many things to learn from these forumers

cheerrrrrrssss
wish you all the best ;D
sonir

Darknight .................HUrrrrrrrrrrrrrayyyyyyyyy You got it Man !!!! so happy for you
congratulationsssssss

regards
sonir :)
Sonir, I am a great fan of your "honesty" and "take life as it comes attitude"....really mean it.

+1 for you

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheenathomas21 said:
can anyone can tell me that i sent my application on july 2009 with accademic ielts.there is no reply untill now.my ecas status changed from rbvo to in process this month.when i submitted general ielts was not mandatory.from june 2010 onwards they made it mandatory...is it wil affect my application.thanks in advance..........
Hi Sheena,

Your application will be assessed with the rules that were in place at that time. Academic IELTS will not have any negative effect on your application.

Mitali