29-06-2012
I will not settle for less than 100k / year after graduation :D

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sheryar said:
thanks alot sir for helping and guiding. MFM expectations are to get $100,000 dollar job straight out of university,with his 4 years out of canada work experience ,while he is not aware that canadian employers want canadian experience.
Since you do not know the ABC of software development, so its better you keep quiet or you can keep making a fool of your self.
Just for your info, in software development, it is not important which country you have worked in, but the importance is the "PROJECTS / PRODUCTS" you have developed. People in the Lahore software industry have made products that are world wide hits!
Like tapFish, Intelligize, xDoc. They are so cutting edge that developers from these projects landed on exceptional jobs in the US. So please i dont like calling you a kid, but i would stop if you stop acting like one!

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss789 said:
Dude you are going to Rotman! You should kill yourself if offered less :p

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
mfm said:
Since you do not know the ABC of software development, so its better you keep quiet or you can keep making a fool of your self.
Just for your info, in software development, it is not important which country you have worked in, but the importance is the "PROJECTS / PRODUCTS" you have developed. People in the Lahore software industry have made products that are world wide hits!
Like tapFish, Intelligize, xDoc. They are so cutting edge that developers from these projects landed on exceptional jobs in the US. So please i dont like calling you a kid, but i would stop if you stop acting like one!
HAHHAHA,u know so much, and still u hope that it is easy to get $100,000 job, best of luck

ss789

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
mfm said:
Dude you are going to Rotman! You should kill yourself if offered less :p
hahaha yeah seriously! Aur sunao, lagta hai visa k wait ki gharmi log ek doosre pe nikalne shuru hogaye hain ;D

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
qamalik729 said:
Momi , Arslan ,Inam .... In fact any one ...... the best suggestion for any one at this time in Canada is ..... if you want to get a good job ..... earn good ..... get immigration and citizenship done ( as it depends on if u got job or not ) is to transfer your studies to any University in Alberta or Saskatchwan ........ I would prefer Alberta as it has tons more jobs ................ as companies hire from local Universities ......... so wen u would graduate u can get into big companies like ....... Shell , haliburton , suncor ......... etc etc ..........

If you graduate from some University out side of Alberta ....... the problem is that u would have low chances of getting Alberta jobs ......... as they book a career fair at University and u canot participate in that ............... and degree is also demand oriented ........... Alberta universities focus more on oil as there is more oil here ..................... Saskatchewan on agriculture ....... Manitoba on transportation .............. Ontario on Manufacturing ........ Quebec on Manufacturing ......... BC on service sector .........
yeah u r dead right bahi alberta is golden sparrow. my seniors studing in alberta advised me the same but I couldnt secure admission in UoA (applied sciences). then I decided to go for regina. still after reaching may be after 1-2 semesters I will try to move to UoC/UoA. my Bsc project was related to oil processing alberta and sask suits me.

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sheryar said:
HAHHAHA,u know so much, and still u hope that it is easy to get $100,000 job, best of luck
And yet i am arguing with a 9 year old! Silly me!

osama13

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
18-06-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2012
LANDED..........
31-08-2012
ss789 said:
Bro how did u get admission in rotman for mba.it is amazing!!!! wat are ur qualifications.what were the requirements??plz guide.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mfm said:
ss789 said:
I am not trying to prove any body right or wrong over here .......... U cannot compare US with Canada ....... and I am sure u know it ........ I dont wanna discourage u ........ but I dont want u guys to be disappointed wen u land on a 50K job after applying for months ........... its reality ........people get 100K jobs i know ........ and more surprisingly I tell u people make 120$ an hour over here and ur IT/Software developer ........ u know what i am taking about ...... but that is after many years ...........

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
qamalik729 said:
lol i am amazed ........ at ur comments ..... 40K pay is about 2200$ a month and very experienced people make that much money in Pakistan in a month ....Do u know anything about Canada ............ Do u know how much u make and how ur tax brackets work ..........

40 K --------------> about 4000 tax
50 K --------------> about 7000 tax
60 K --------------> about 8500 tax
70 K --------------> about 10500 tax
80 K --------------> about 12000 tax
100K -------------> about 14500 tax
120K --------------> about 16500 tax
180 K -------------> about 21000 tax

that's how it works ........40K gives u a good living over here ........ with a small 2nd hand car .......... and rent to pay ........... dont insult people who make 40 K .......... they work hard for it .......... i did that job ...... and every one who comes to Canada works at 20K in the beginning then 30 K and so on ...... did u ever had a chance to stand 8 hrs behind the counter ......... and then clean the floor as well ............ then go home and cook and laundry and all .......... every one who comes to Canada does that ..................

I have seen many kids from bureaucrat families ....... doing all this ......... and making 40 K ............ so dont insult who is earning by working hard no matter how he is doing that ......... Thats what Canada is ..........
+1 malik bahi

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArslanZahid said:
yeah u r dead right bahi alberta is golden sparrow. my seniors studing in alberta advised me the same but I couldnt secure admission in UoA (applied sciences). then I decided to go for regina. still after reaching may be after 1-2 semesters I will try to move to UoC/UoA. my Bsc project was related to oil processing alberta and sask suits me.
You would get admission in University of Calgary once ur here ............ try that for sure .............UoA if u get admission there thats golden ............

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
mfm said:
And yet i am arguing with a 9 year old! Silly me!
who told u that I am 9 year old kid? ah? " :eek:

ss789

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
osama13 said:
Bro how did u get admission in rotman for mba.it is amazing!!!! wat are ur qualifications.what were the requirements??plz guide.
Go here to admission criteria, they also take a 1 hour interview (in person for domestic, skype for international).

http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/mba/admission.htm

I got accepted with scholarship.

My profile:
Highschool from Canada (i dont even remember my grades anymore because they weren't required for admission)
BBA from Dubai (3.94 GPA for final year, 3.78 CGPA)
2 years fulltime work experience at a Fortune500 company + 2 years experience as a strategic consultant + 3 part-time summer internships while studying
GMAT: 710
TOEFL: 111

Other than that, just write good essays, convince two supervisors to write you good recommendation letters, and you're set