+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned because of language requirements. Confused.

azuman

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
I just read the requirements again. It says "not the academic version". This one is one me. Oversight on my part. At least I can fix this quickly. Thanks guys.

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
I just read the requirements again. It says "not the academic version". This one is one me. Oversight on my part. At least I can fix this quickly. Thanks guys.
Btw when did cic recieved ur application and after how long did they send ur application back?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
If u took some courses at a college like evn for one day so far you have a transcript in english send it. Thats what i did and i got AOR

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
For reference purposes:

Choose one of the following types of language proof to submit with your application:

This is one option (to me, this is the preferred option).

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
How shall we have originals? It's 9 years. I do not have as well. I hope @razerblade or @spyfy can help us in that. I thought originals are not needed during the interview!
As others stated, you are expected to have your original documents ready at the interview. In theory. Based on what others report, however, they usually don't seem to bother checking the language evidence, apparently. Also note that if you speak great English at the interview, they would most likely be fine with an IELTS copy instead of the original. As I always say: IRCC officers are humans.

Side note: It's a different story for the passports. You better bring the original ones to the interview.

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Hi guys i send my genral ielts done in 2010
As proof of language they sent it back saying its not acceptable can any one help what wrong did i do

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi guys i send my genral ielts done in 2010
As proof of language they sent it back saying its not acceptable can any one help what wrong did i do
Did you use that test for your PR application? Expired test results can only be used if they were used for immigration purposes before.

Also, do you have the necessary scores in Listening and Speaking?

And just to confirm (although you already wrote that above): You took the general test, not the academic one, right?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
It is always wise to send along 2 documents to support English language requirement . In your case since you overlooked the Academic part the package was returned . Had you also submitted the transcripts, you could have jumped to the next stage AOR.

lilcysel

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Sep-2013
Nomination.....
01-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
09-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP results received 20-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
In Process Apr 30, 2014( It changed on May 3)
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
Just letting you guys know if it helps anyone. I just sent copy of my Bachelor degree from Canada. They accepted it and didn't return my application package.

myyyyc

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
I took CELPIP-LS for my citizenship application, it was accepted without issue. As instructed by the checklist, I only sent in photocopies of the document and brought originals to the citizenship test in case they would want to check it (they did not) .

Lover1abd

Dec 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I need help I have comptia A+ this computer course.... the take it as language ???