+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejected for being incomplete-Police Certificate

SanjanaB20

May 15, 2020
Hi..

I need an advice.
My application has just been rejected today for being incomplete.. Actually I studied in Victoria Australia for one year and they required my Police Clearance Certificate, which I provided.
However they also required a letter from the Road Authority in Victoria to certify that I didn't possess any Drivers License, which I didn't give.
My issue is that I thought normally they request for further documents in these situations, instead of rejecting the application!
Can I write to them about that, or appeal against this?
Or should I just apply again?

I just submitted a new Profile just in case, with 484 points, but it seems there hasn't been any draw for my class since March

Thanks for your precious help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi..

I need an advice.
My application has just been rejected today for being incomplete.. Actually I studied in Victoria Australia for one year and they required my Police Clearance Certificate, which I provided.
However they also required a letter from the Road Authority in Victoria to certify that I didn't possess any Drivers License, which I didn't give.
My issue is that I thought normally they request for further documents in these situations, instead of rejecting the application!

I just submitted a new Profile just in case, with 484 points, but it seems there hasn't been any draw for my class since March

They normally reject the application if you do not provide all of the mandatory documents. They do not request further documents if the application is incomplete

You can send a case specific inquiry and request they reopen your application. There's a small chance this might work.

Most likely you will need to reapply from scratch. There is no point appealing since you were correctly refused for failing to submit all required documents.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi..

I need an advice.

Why did you think that they would request it? The IRCC website very clearly states that you were required to submit the license history with the PCC. As scylla said, you can ask for reconsideration but you were correctly refused for submitting an incomplete app, so the request is unlikely to be granted.

Reactions: SanjanaB20

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm just curious, does the letter from the Road Authority show up on your personalised document checklist?

SanjanaB20

May 15, 2020
Why did you think that they would request it? The IRCC website very clearly states that you were required to submit the license history with the PCC. As scylla said, you can ask for reconsideration but you were correctly refused for submitting an incomplete app, so the request is unlikely to be granted.
Yea I do understand that.

However since I didn't have any driving licence, this wasn't applicable to me.I did phone the Road Authority to request for the letter but due to the covid situation I guess there was no response..

SanjanaB20

May 15, 2020
I'm just curious, does the letter from the Road Authority show up on your personalised document checklist?
No it didn't.But on the website it stated that in case I didn't hold any license with the Authority, (meaning I couldn't apply n pay online for the certificate)then I needed to attach a letter from the Authority certifying same.However despite I contacted them I never got that letter!
Anyways I have applied again, n I have good points..but I have no idea when the next draw for skilled people will be held

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Mention in your webform when you submit the letter from the authority that you requested it but due to the covid situation you didn't receive a response.

Reactions: SanjanaB20