+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for temporary resident (Visiting visa from outside Canada)

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Really? So that means all translated documents must be translated again? Ugh. Such a pain gathering documents and getting them translated.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Really? So that means all translated documents must be translated again? Ugh. Such a pain gathering documents and getting them translated.
Maybe you should email the visa office to request for the decision and/or the refusal reasons (hopefully, not refused).

IMO, your wife has a good chance of a TRV approval if she submits stronger evidence and explanations

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Maybe you should email the visa office to request for the decision and/or the refusal reasons (hopefully, not refused).

IMO, your wife has a good chance of a TRV approval if she submits stronger evidence and explanations
What stronger evidence would you think I need to provide? I don’t think finance is a problem. Do you think it’s her travel history is too weak? Is there any templates on explanations? Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What stronger evidence would you think I need to provide? I don’t think finance is a problem. Do you think it’s her travel history is too weak? Is there any templates on explanations? Thank you
1. Is is possible to apply/travel without your daughter?

2. Who will take care of your son when you are in Canada?

3. To improve your wife's chances of a TRV approval, she must prove that you, too, will leave Canada at the end of the visit.... which would imply that she must leave too.

Do have a look at this link and the other cases referenced in the link. You could get some pointers for her new application. You could then post the new list of documents if you need advice:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/newly-married-wife-2nd-try-for-her-getting-visitor-visa-qs.541652/#post-6691555

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
1. Is is possible to apply/travel without your daughter?

2. Who will take care of your son when you are in Canada?

3. To improve your wife's chances of a TRV approval, she must prove that you, too, will leave Canada at the end of the visit.... which would imply that she must leave too.

Do have a look at this link and the other cases referenced in the link. You could get some pointers for her new application. You could then post the new list of documents if you need advice:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/newly-married-wife-2nd-try-for-her-getting-visitor-visa-qs.541652/#post-6691555
Hello Bryanna

1/2) As we are already leaving our son with my wife’s mother and he is still young we are worried she cannot handle 2 kids at the same time.

3) How would I be able to prove that I would leave too? Would that mean supplying my ties to Vietnam? I signed an affidavit (not notarized) stating we will be arriving and departing according to our flight schedule attached and that this affidavit is bound as if under oath.

4) I surely will look into the post you linked.

5) Would it be better if I attached my mother’s T4?

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1/2) As we are already leaving our son with my wife’s mother and he is still young we are worried she cannot handle 2 kids at the same time.
That's understandable.

Are your in-laws dependent on you/your wife financially or for their well-being? If so, can you support the statement with evidence? This could be one reason for your wife to return to Vietnam.

3) How would I be able to prove that I would leave too? Would that mean supplying my ties to Vietnam?
Yes, you must include your ties to Vietnam as well. For example, your employment contract + a leave approval letter from your employer + a lease/rent agreement for your home + your young son as a family tie, etc etc. Your documents are in addition to your wife's evidence of her strong ties.

Do go through the link I posted earlier. You will get pointers for preparing a stronger application.

I signed an affidavit (not notarized) stating we will be arriving and departing according to our flight schedule attached and that this affidavit is bound as if under oath.
Affidavits don't work as they cannot be enforced.

5) Would it be better if I attached my mother’s T4?
Not required if you can prove that you can afford the entire visit.

You would also want to research/prepare a day-by-day itinerary with detailed expense estimates. This will indicate your wife has a well-thought purpose of visit + it will prove she can afford the visit without depending on your mom.

Again, do go through the previous link.... do check for gaps in your wife's application.... then post the new list of documents

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Hello Bryanna,

We bought 2 properties side by side to construct a home that my wife’s mother and sisters are living at. Other then that, they are not dependent financially.

We have attached our house deed that states husband and wife’s name on the deed. The only thing is we are currently staying at a different location (located in our work premises). Our son we have included his birth certificate stating both father and mother name of the son. I have supplied my bank statement for the recent 6 months to date and also payment slips for the recent 3 months to date. I will also include my labour contract and application for absence from work too.

I should remove the affidavit or just leave it?

We have a certification from the bank signed by the bank stating we have a timed deposit for ~$42,000 USD equiv to ~$56,000 CDN

I will try and make a schedule and expense table for our trip from Dec. 20 - Jan. 05, 2019

We plan to spend most of our time in Vancouver and then some time in Toronto to visit my mom’s side of the family. Should I include a list of family names, addresses and estimated duration of visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna,

We bought 2 properties side by side to construct a home that my wife’s mother and sisters are living at. Other then that, they are not dependent financially.
Do include the property ownership documents + any approvals/building plans + a small explanation that your in-laws live at that address.

We have attached our house deed that states husband and wife’s name on the deed.
Property ownership documents + property valuation (either by yourself or a property valuer) + mortgage statement (if applicable) + market indicative value (do include any realty reports to back your property valuation claims), etc.

The only thing is we are currently staying at a different location (located in our work premises).
Your employment contract that states this.

Our son we have included his birth certificate stating both father and mother name of the son.
You can apply for his Canadian citizenship.

You can also include a short explanation that says he will be cared for by your wife's mom when you are visiting.

I have supplied my bank statement for the recent 6 months to date and also payment slips for the recent 3 months to date. I will also include my labour contract and application for absence from work too.
I cannot stress enough that I recommend you go through the other link. Based on that link, you would most likely re-structure the documents/evidence + you would consider including new evidence.

I should remove the affidavit or just leave it?
It doesn't help, but as it's done, you can include it.

We plan to spend most of our time in Vancouver and then some time in Toronto to visit my mom’s side of the family.
The detailed day-by-day itinerary must include the airfare for Vancouver-Toronto.

Should I include a list of family names, addresses and estimated duration of visit?
Yes, but not estimated duration. Nothing open-ended

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Do include the property ownership documents + any approvals/building plans + a small explanation that your in-laws live at that address.
We currently have architecture drawings, a building permit and a contract with a self contractor (as in no company stamp/seal is binding the contract other than signatures from both parties). As for the explanation we have a household booklet that states the address and family members currently residing, the only problem is that urban area has no direct address number, just village name and community name.

Property ownership documents + property valuation (either by yourself or a property valuer) + mortgage statement (if applicable) + market indicative value (do include any realty reports to back your property valuation claims), etc.
We have supplied our house deed that includes husband and wife's name. I will look into a company to do a property value assessment.

Your employment contract that states this.
I will supply my labour contract which is also an unlimited term contract signed in 2012 up to date, also my payment slips for recent 6 months up to date including my application for absence from work for the duration of our trip.

You can apply for his Canadian citizenship.
We currently have submitted our daughter and son's Proof of Citizenship application in Feb. 2018 and received a correspondence letter stating they have received our application in April 2018.

You can also include a short explanation that says he will be cared for by your wife's mom when you are visiting.
Noted, I will write a letter regarding who will be taking care of my son.

I cannot stress enough that I recommend you go through the other link. Based on that link, you would most likely re-structure the documents/evidence + you would consider including new evidence.
I noticed that they had written 2 letters, the wife's perspective and husband's perspective and will be using that as a template.

It doesn't help, but as it's done, you can include it.
I'll just leave it although it isn't notarized.

The detailed day-by-day itinerary must include the airfare for Vancouver-Toronto.
We currently have our flight bookings for Ho Chi Minh - Vancouver and Vancouver to Ho Chi Minh but have not booked our flights from Vancouver to Toronto and Toronto to Vancouver. It is very hard for us to write a detailed day by day itinerary as we are traveling with our daughter who is not used to cold like in Canada and also very dependent on the weather conditions during our visit.

Yes, but not estimated duration. Nothing open-ended
So I would have to write our scheduled itinerary of each day that we will visit which family member?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We currently have architecture drawings, a building permit and a contract with a self contractor (as in no company stamp/seal is binding the contract other than signatures from both parties). As for the explanation we have a household booklet that states the address and family members currently residing, the only problem is that urban area has no direct address number, just village name and community name.
These documents are only to establish another reason to return to Vietnam.

BTW all documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator.

We have supplied our house deed that includes husband and wife's name. I will look into a company to do a property value assessment.
Mortgage?
Property tax or local taxes?
Maintenance and/or renovations?

I will supply my labour contract which is also an unlimited term contract signed in 2012 up to date, also my payment slips for recent 6 months up to date including my application for absence from work for the duration of our trip.
Leave approval letter from your employer?
Your bank statement to which your salary is credited?
1-2 work commitments to return to? Both for your employment as well as your wife's job.

I noticed that they had written 2 letters, the wife's perspective and husband's perspective and will be using that as a template.
I also recommend you make a list of the documents/pointers as you seem to be missing out on a few relevant documents.

We currently have our flight bookings for Ho Chi Minh - Vancouver and Vancouver to Ho Chi Minh but have not booked our flights from Vancouver to Toronto and Toronto to Vancouver. It is very hard for us to write a detailed day by day itinerary as we are traveling with our daughter who is not used to cold like in Canada and also very dependent on the weather conditions during our visit.
You don't need to follow through with that itinerary when you actually visit. Also, some days could be spent at home.

The idea is to show the visa officer that your wife is a genuine, short stay visitor who knows what she would like to do during her visit (well-thought out Purpose of visit) + she has the finances for this *tentative* itinerary (financial resources)

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
These documents are only to establish another reason to return to Vietnam.

BTW all documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator.
All our documents were translated by a notary office, signed and sealed by notary office.

Mortgage?
Property tax or local taxes?
Maintenance and/or renovations?
Our property was given to us a wedding gift from my grandparents, unfortunately my grandma has passed away. There are no mortages on the home, my grandpa has paid all property tax and income tax regarding the home. We have no maintenance or renovations required for the property.

Leave approval letter from your employer?
Your bank statement to which your salary is credited?
1-2 work commitments to return to? Both for your employment as well as your wife's job.
Yes, I can supply approval letter from employer.
Yes, I have included my 6 month bank statement including 3 months recent up to date payment slips.
My current position is Deputy General Director which is currently managing a water bottle factory, a theme park and we are about to build a townhouse/condo area. My wife is Assistant to Deputy General Director and also shareholder of Diamond Bay Resort & Spa with shares equivalent value of ~+$950,000 USD. We have supplied a certificate of her shares.

I also recommend you make a list of the documents/pointers as you seem to be missing out on a few relevant documents.
I will look into this more, as I have followed the needed documents from the document checklist including documents that many people have stated I should attach.

You don't need to follow through with that itinerary when you actually visit. Also, some days could be spent at home.

The idea is to show the visa officer that your wife is a genuine, short stay visitor who knows what she would like to do during her visit (well-thought out Purpose of visit) + she has the finances for this *tentative* itinerary (financial resources)
Thank you, I'll write up our itinerary as planned as our outline, also we have bank certifications stating we have over $60,000 CDN at our expense for this trip.

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Also I forgot to mention, just about 30 minutes ago, I received an email stating "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information." although I do not see anything updated..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Also I forgot to mention, just about 30 minutes ago, I received an email stating "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information." although I do not see anything updated..
The ghost updates are for internal processing at the visa office. You could expect a decision soon.... that's if the decision in your first post was changed.

Hopefully, your wife will get her TRV (and you don't need to prepare the new paperwork :))