+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for temporary resident (Visiting visa from outside Canada)

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Hello all,

I recently submitted an application for temporary resident (Visiting visa from outside Canada) for my wife and natural daughter on November 9th at the CVAC in Vietnam, IRCC received my application on November 12th, but today November 20th, I received notice on my cic.gc.ca paper linked application that they were refused.

My family includes husband (Canadian citizen from birth) born 1991, wife (Vietnamese citizen) born 1990, daughter (Vietnamese citizen) born 2015 and son (Vietnamese citizen) born 2017. My son is not accompanying us to our visit in Canada.

Accompanying: Husband, wife, daughter
Not accompanying: son
Purpose of visit: Visit mother in law
Travel dates: December 20th, 2018 - January 05th, 2019
Application documents include:
1) Birth certificate of all members of family
2) Passport of wife and daughter (Has travelled: Singapore, Thailand and Korea)
3) Marriage certificate
4) Labour contract; position Assistant to Deputy General Director (Unlimited term contract from 2012 up to date)
5) Application for absence from work (Signed by Chairman of the Board)
6) Certification of salary income (Signed by Chairman of the Board)
7) Health insurance from 2012 up to date
8) Certification of shareholder of large company (Equivalent value of ~$970,000 USD)
9) Certification of timed deposit in bank (Equivalent value of ~$57,000 USD)
10) x2 certification of properties in wife's name
11) Certification of property in husband and wife's name
12) Letter of invitation from husband's mother
13) Photos of both husband and wife's family together
14) Booking confirmation of round trip flight; Cathay Pacific: HCM - YVR Dec. 20, YVR - HCM Jan 05
15) Application for temporary resident visa (Visiting visa from outside Canada) for wife and daughter.

I am very confused as to why they refused our applications (1st try) as their answer is very vague as it stated "reasons may or may not include" then listed reasons. Should I re-submit the applications for a 2nd try? If so, when should i re-submit?

Thank you very much for your help and concerns!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello all,

I recently submitted an application for temporary resident (Visiting visa from outside Canada) for my wife and natural daughter on November 9th at the CVAC in Vietnam, IRCC received my application on November 12th, but today November 20th, I received notice on my cic.gc.ca paper linked application that they were refused.

My family includes husband (Canadian citizen from birth) born 1991, wife (Vietnamese citizen) born 1990, daughter (Vietnamese citizen) born 2015 and son (Vietnamese citizen) born 2017. My son is not accompanying us to our visit in Canada.

Accompanying: Husband, wife, daughter
Not accompanying: son
Purpose of visit: Visit mother in law
Travel dates: December 20th, 2018 - January 05th, 2019
Application documents include:
1) Birth certificate of all members of family
2) Passport of wife and daughter (Has travelled: Singapore, Thailand and Korea)
3) Marriage certificate
4) Labour contract; position Assistant to Deputy General Director (Unlimited term contract from 2012 up to date)
5) Application for absence from work (Signed by Chairman of the Board)
6) Certification of salary income (Signed by Chairman of the Board)
7) Health insurance from 2012 up to date
8) Certification of shareholder of large company (Equivalent value of ~$970,000 USD)
9) Certification of timed deposit in bank (Equivalent value of ~$57,000 USD)
10) x2 certification of properties in wife's name
11) Certification of property in husband and wife's name
12) Letter of invitation from husband's mother
13) Photos of both husband and wife's family together
14) Booking confirmation of round trip flight; Cathay Pacific: HCM - YVR Dec. 20, YVR - HCM Jan 05
15) Application for temporary resident visa (Visiting visa from outside Canada) for wife and daughter.

I am very confused as to why they refused our applications (1st try) as their answer is very vague as it stated "reasons may or may not include" then listed reasons. Should I re-submit the applications for a 2nd try? If so, when should i re-submit?

Thank you very much for your help and concerns!
Your wife and daughter were probably refused because it could seem like they will apply for PR via the inland route.

Before you reapply:
1. What were the refusal reasons?

2. Were you born in Canada?

3. It's not clear from your list of documents if it is you or your wife who is employed or both.

4. Bank statements/liquid or available funds for the visit were not included

5. Do you live with dependent family members in Vietnam?

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Your wife and daughter were probably refused because it could seem like they will apply for PR via the inland route.

Before you reapply:
1. What were the refusal reasons?

2. Were you born in Canada?

3. It's not clear from your list of documents if it is you or your wife who is employed or both.

4. Bank statements/liquid or available funds for the visit were not included

5. Do you live with dependent family members in Vietnam?
Thank you Bryanna for your response.

1) They replied saying the reasons may or may not include and nothing was checked. Just a long list of reasons.

2) I am canadian, born in Canada. My wife and daughter (the applicants) are Vietnamese citizens. My daughter is in process of proof of citizenship.

3) We are both employed, I only submitted her work contract but I also supplied 3 months recent of my payment slips.

4) We submitted a bank certification stating we have ~$56,000 USD expendable as we can close our time deposit at any time. Our application states we have ~$56,000 USD funds for our trip.

5) We do not have anyone dependant living with us. Just myself, my wife, my daughter (3 yrs old) and son (1.5yr old, not accompanying us)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you Bryanna for your response.

1) They replied saying the reasons may or may not include and nothing was checked. Just a long list of reasons.

2) I am canadian, born in Canada. My wife and daughter (the applicants) are Vietnamese citizens. My daughter is in process of proof of citizenship.

3) We are both employed, I only submitted her work contract but I also supplied 3 months recent of my payment slips.

4) We submitted a bank certification stating we have ~$56,000 USD expendable as we can close our time deposit at any time. Our application states we have ~$56,000 USD funds for our trip.

5) We do not have anyone dependant living with us. Just myself, my wife, my daughter (3 yrs old) and son (1.5yr old, not accompanying us)
1. Was it an online letter? If so try opening the file in Adobe Reader instead

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Yes, I have adobe reader extension and I downloaded it to my computer which has adobe acrobat, foxit, etc but its just a list of many reasons.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes, I have adobe reader extension and I downloaded it to my computer which has adobe acrobat, foxit, etc but its just a list of many reasons.
Don’t open it with the extension in the browser. Open the letter in the native Adobe Reader: download the letter to your local drive and launch it using Adobe Reader.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you, I already downloaded to my desktop and used adobe acrobat pro x but it’s still the same.
Ok that’s strange. Really weird you’d get a letter without reasons checked. It is rendering correctly if you see your application number somewhere on the front page.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
By the way, this is the processing time, I was wondering how long it would take to return the application to me. Thanks!
Usually 2-3 business days. Do you have a tracking number from the VAC? You can check it on their website.

Hoping the empty refusal letter was a glitch!