+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for temporary resident (Visiting visa from outside Canada)

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
@Bryanna hello Bryanna. I requested for the refusa letter to be sent again and just received it today. Here’s what it says.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Please let me know what you think.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna hello Bryanna. I requested for the refusa letter to be sent again and just received it today. Here’s what it says.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
This could be considered as a generic refusal ground in your wife's case. Ideally, it would help if an applicant has traveled to visa-required countries (US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia/ NZ) for short visits.

However, any travel to these visa-required countries would NOT have helped because your wife has more ties to Canada than to any other visa-required country.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
As you are a Canadian + your daughter has applied for her citizenship, the visa officer believes your wife has stronger family ties in Canada than those to Vietnam

Harry0001

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18, 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP request- Feb 17, 2016... Sent-Feb 29..
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 12, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Jan 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 22, 2016
Interview........
CIC called my Employer on Feb 17,2016.
Passport Req..
April 07,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2016
LANDED..........
April 26, 2016
I’m in process to apply visitor visa for my parents. I’m applying paper application in New Delhi. In the ‘applicant’s signature’ box, should I type the name of applicant and get the signature OR just the signature alone in the box is enough? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’m in process to apply visitor visa for my parents. I’m applying paper application in New Delhi. In the ‘applicant’s signature’ box, should I type the name of applicant and get the signature OR just the signature alone in the box is enough? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.
Only the signature

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
This could be considered as a generic refusal ground in your wife's case. Ideally, it would help if an applicant has traveled to visa-required countries (US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia/ NZ) for short visits.

However, any travel to these visa-required countries would NOT have helped because your wife has more ties to Canada than to any other visa-required country.

As you are a Canadian + your daughter has applied for her citizenship, the visa officer believes your wife has stronger family ties in Canada than those to Vietnam
Hello Bryanna, thank you for your reply. We sent proof of citizenship in Feb. and received and correspondence letter in April stating they received our application. As of today, I recently got my household booklet which states I am now a permanent resident of Vietnam, I am also in process of applying for my wife and 2 children to be updated into my booklet.

I also had a value assesment of our home which is valued at over $700,000 CDN, it is a certified certificate signed and sealed by an assesment company. I also have prepared my labour contract and application for leave from the company for the duration of our trip.

I have typed a cover letter stating that our 17 month old son will stay back in Vietnam and will be taken care of by my wife’s mother and nanny.

I also have gotten bank statements of the conpany that my wife has 5% shareholdings in.

Can you tell me what else I need to make our case stronger? If needed, we possibly can take a trip to Japan.

Thank you and best regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna, thank you for your reply. We sent proof of citizenship in Feb. and received and correspondence letter in April stating they received our application. As of today, I recently got my household booklet which states I am now a permanent resident of Vietnam, I am also in process of applying for my wife and 2 children to be updated into my booklet.
How long would this take?

You may want to consider including a small explanation that would say you will not be applying for spousal PR in the next X years due to your personal and professional commitments in Vietnam. You would need to be careful how you word this explanation.

I also had a value assesment of our home which is valued at over $700,000 CDN, it is a certified certificate signed and sealed by an assesment company.
Is this valuation recognized by the local government?

You would also want to include other supporting evidence to confirm that the indicative market value is indeed as per the assessment. For example, excerpts from realty reports for the same area where your home is.

I also have prepared my labour contract and application for leave from the company for the duration of our trip.
Any compelling work commitments for you and your wife to return to?

I have typed a cover letter stating that our 17 month old son will stay back in Vietnam and will be taken care of by my wife’s mother and nanny.
Okay

I also have gotten bank statements of the conpany that my wife has 5% shareholdings in.
She must include evidence for the market value of that 5% shareholding.

Can you tell me what else I need to make our case stronger? If needed, we possibly can take a trip to Japan.
No, a trip to Japan won't help simply because her visit to Canada (with far too many stronger ties to Canada) makes a visit to any other visa-required country seem insignificant/won't help for Travel History.

Do post the complete list of documents i.e. your wife's documents + your documents to prove your reasons to return to Vietnam, etc

thanhjoenguyen

Nov 20, 2018
Dear @Bryanna

How long would this take?

You may want to consider including a small explanation that would say you will not be applying for spousal PR in the next X years due to your personal and professional commitments in Vietnam. You would need to be careful how you word this explanation.
They say it takes approximately 5 months for proof of citizenship, add 6-8 months if I'm applying from outside of Canada and through an embassy or consulate, so the maximum time I would say is 13 months from April 2018 as thats the date they sent a correspondence letter stating they received the applications.

Is this valuation recognized by the local government?

You would also want to include other supporting evidence to confirm that the indicative market value is indeed as per the assessment. For example, excerpts from realty reports for the same area where your home is.
Yes, this company has certification stamp and seal.

There is a certification stating the result value of the assessment including assessments of similiar market assets nearby.

Any compelling work commitments for you and your wife to return to?
As stated, I have a ranking position as Deputy General Director of a large company, currently with 300+ staff managing a water bottling company, a theme park and also in process of developing a town housing/condo area. My wife is Assistant to Deputy General Director and we both have been working at the company since 2012 up to date. (2012 signed first initial contract, after 2 years according to labour law in Vietnam you must sign an indefinate term contract which ours was signed in 2014).

She must include evidence for the market value of that 5% shareholding.
We attached the company business registration which includes a certification of the shareholders stating the name of shareholder, total shares, % of shares, value of shares.

No, a trip to Japan won't help simply because her visit to Canada (with far too many stronger ties to Canada) makes a visit to any other visa-required country seem insignificant/won't help for Travel History.
This is more of an option for relaxation but since we are on a tight schedule to get the visas for Dec 20 we most likely will not go until after our return.

Do post the complete list of documents i.e. your wife's documents + your documents to prove your reasons to return to Vietnam, etc
1/ Certificate of asset valuation (Includes; certificate signed and sealed, explanation of valuation appraisal report (valued at about $700,000 CDN)
2/ Labour contract of husband + application for leave (Signed and sealed by General Director (income of about $3,300 CDN/month)
3/ Household booklet with Husband, wife, daughter and son (Only permanent residents of Vietnam can receive this booklet)
4/ Letter to VO (Stating our 17 month year old son will not accompany us to Canada and will be cared for by wife's mother and nanny (also we will leave about $1,000 CDN for wife's mother while we are gone for any expenses incurred)
5/ Contract of construction for our secondary home + building permit (Contract signed by local contractor; no company seal (valued at about $45,000 CDN))

Do you think these are strong enough ties? What else could I possibly attach to make our ties stronger? I see that having the permanent resident status is a very strong tie.

I forgot to add, this is seems like a bad thing but also in a good way, I have a credit card with credit limit of about $27,000 CDN in which I have to pay minimum deposit and interest of 3% monthly (~$830 CDN). Would this suffice as a obligation tie to return?

Last edited: