+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Permanent Residency Rejected : Reason Incomplete

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Today I got a message for my Permanent Residency application that it is rejected for being incomplete!

Particular reason given is because it does not contain: "A completed Education Credential Assessment (ECA) issued for immigration purposes was not included with your electronic application"

I double checked my documents uploaded and files(Filenames) that I uploaded it had ECA report from WES included alongside other education credentials under Education (diplomas/degrees) section. I feel so bad that it took almost two year to get nominated from a province and then get rejected for a reason that looks totally invalid! Can someone please help me here how can I progress or what should I do?

Create express entry profile again and request Alberta (AINP) to somehow transfer nomination to new express entry profile or my chances or gone :(

Looking forward to your valuable advice.

Reactions: Maclose

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Today I got a message for my Permanent Residency application that it is rejected for being incomplete!

Particular reason given is because it does not contain: "A completed Education Credential Assessment (ECA) issued for immigration purposes was not included with your electronic application"

I double checked my documents uploaded and files(Filenames) that I uploaded it had ECA report from WES included alongside other education credentials under Education (diplomas/degrees) section. I feel so bad that it took almost two year to get nominated from a province and then get rejected for a reason that looks totally invalid! Can someone please help me here how can I progress or what should I do?

Create express entry profile again and request Alberta (AINP) to somehow transfer nomination to new express entry profile or my chances or gone :(

Looking forward to your valuable advice.
Send a case specific inquiry and request reconsideration (and that they reopen your file). Let them know the missing document was in fact included with your application.

Can you confirm that you submitted the right kind of WES report?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Have you requested that WES send a copy of your report to IRCC? If you haven’t, do it immediately on the WES portal.

AINP surely does not want to lose nominated candidates, so they sort of want to be on your side. If your nomination is still valid, you can submit another EE application with that nomination. Contact AINP for details.

Reactions: shergill12

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Send a case specific inquiry and request reconsideration (and that they reopen your file). Let them know the missing document was in fact included with your application.

Can you confirm that you submitted the right kind of WES report?
Yes I ordered particular one for ECA for immigration, Refugees and citizenship canada and it start with CANADIAN Equivalency summary!

I have lodged a case Enquiry, any idea how long the take to respond?

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Have you requested that WES send a copy of your report to IRCC? If you haven’t, do it immediately on the WES portal.

AINP surely does not want to lose nominated candidates, so they sort of want to be on your side. If your nomination is still valid, you can submit another EE application with that nomination. Contact AINP for details.
Yes I selected IRCC in delivery section when I applied to wes.

i have contacted ainp already and they have told me they can’t transfer nominations to another express entry profile :(

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

i have contacted ainp already and they have told me they can’t transfer nominations to another express entry profile :(
If your nomination is less than 6 months, then it's still valid and can be transferred to another profile!

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP

Then your ECA by all means should be ok.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you sure because AINP replied they can’t transfer nomination to another profile?
Most nominations have 6 months validity and can be transferred within that time frame as long as your PR application was not rejected - it's fine if it was returned as incomplete. Did you explain to them that your application was deemed incomplete, not rejected?

Read the conditions on the certificate you were issued to know more.

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Most nominations have 6 months validity and can be transferred within that time frame as long as your PR application was not rejected - it's fine if it was returned as incomplete. Did you explain to them that your application was deemed incomplete, not rejected?

This is what IRCC wrote: "Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing."

This is what AINP replied: "The AINP Nomination Certificate AEEXXXXXX is only valid for the Express Entry (EE) Profile number stated on your certificate (i.e. EXXXXXXX). Please note that Alberta provincial nominations are not transferable from one express entry profile to another.

If your EE profile EXXXXX is no longer valid, you can choose to complete a new Express Entry Profile and start the process again. You will have to wait to see if your new EE profile is selected in one of AINP’s future draws. If it is, you will receive a new Notification of Interest (NOI) and you would then need to submit a new application package at that time."

brad7

Feb 25, 2022
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has assessed your application for permanent
residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a
complete application
as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:

-Police Certificate
The Police certificate(s) from the country of your current residence is/are issued
more than six months prior to the date your application was submitted.

Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not
identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a
refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid
this fee.

Should we answer yes to both questions below? Any help is appreciate. Thank you.

I've created a new EE application and about to apply for the second time. In my "application/profile details" Form, in a "Statutory Questions" section I have to questions:

1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

YK_000

Nov 10, 2022

Hi,
Can anyone please help as my AINP application is still submitted and my EE is getting expire in next 5 days what should I do ? will they issue nomination to my new ee details if I provide them beforehand?