Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
So we need to send "Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period" along with the application. I took it light and printed only biographical, stamps and visa pages.
Please confirm all empty pages of the passport (s) should also be printed and attached to the application.
Is this an old requirement or a new one?
"all" means all, empty or not ...

Reactions: techLover

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So we need to send "Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period" along with the application. I took it light and printed only biographical, stamps and visa pages.
Please confirm all empty pages of the passport (s) should also be printed and attached to the application.
This is a new requirement. We don't know yet what the repercussions will be because this is a very new requirement (Updated sometime on or after June 16th). The first round of applications that might be returned because of this reason would happen sometime after 2 - 3 months from now.

However, since this new requirement was slipped in secretly without any updates from IRCC, it is likely that your application will be accepted as-is and you might be asked for all pages later.

But, we won't know until 2 - 3 months from now. Wish you all the very best and I sincerely hope your application does not get returned.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
All pages , which includes empty pages should be printed and sent . This is a new requirement as of June 16th 2021. Did you already mail your application in ? If so, don’t sweat too much . We just have to wait a couple of months to see what happens to us.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
The website doesn't specify. I can't say for sure, but this requirement has existed for a long time for Work permits/PR and I have always submitted just the pages with stamps/visas while leaving out blank pages, without issues (I've had 2 Work Permits + PR)

I assume the purpose of these pages is to validate you correctly calculated your Physical Presence, should there be any doubt. Sending them the blank pages would be kind of pointless, as the immigration officer won't know anyway how many pages your passport is supposed to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: techLover

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Guys, I wouldn't worry about getting your applications sent back if you recently submitted without a copy of all pages of your passport, as long as you use the previous revision of the document checklist that is dated November 2020 (CIT 0007 (11-2020)) that still asks for only the bio pages. The instruction guide still says
Make sure you use a version of the application form dated October 2020 or later.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

I recall seeing a number of people reporting being asked to send a copy of all pages of their passports, before this new requirement. So maybe IRCC just decided that they would ask upfront for all pages of passport from everyone so that they don't have to specifically request it from certain people. Probably you will just be contacted to send a copy of all pages at a later stage. I can't imagine them sending applications back at this time given that the change was so recent and we are still allowed to use forms dated October 2020 or later.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
The website doesn't specify. I can't say for sure, but this requirement has existed for a long time for Work permits/PR and I have always submitted just the pages with stamps/visas while leaving out blank pages, without issues (I've had 2 Work Permits + PR)

I assume the purpose of these pages is to validate you correctly calculated your Physical Presence, should there be any doubt. Sending them the blank pages would be kind of pointless, as the immigration officer won't know anyway how many pages your passport is supposed to have.
It's not that difficult to find out how many pages standard passports of most countries have. Also, my passport has page numbers at the bottom, so they would be able to tell if I skipped some pages in the middle.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
This is a new requirement. We don't know yet what the repercussions will be because this is a very new requirement (Updated sometime on or after June 16th). The first round of applications that might be returned because of this reason would happen sometime after 2 - 3 months from now.

However, since this new requirement was slipped in secretly without any updates from IRCC, it is likely that your application will be accepted as-is and you might be asked for all pages later.

But, we won't know until 2 - 3 months from now. Wish you all the very best and I sincerely hope your application does not get returned.
Thank you for your detailed reply. I have not sent my application, It was in my plan to send it tomorrow (Tuesday). Now, I know the new requirement, I will photocopy the passport of the whole family and include it with the application. :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
All pages , which includes empty pages should be printed and sent . This is a new requirement as of June 16th 2021. Did you already mail your application in ? If so, don’t sweat too much . We just have to wait a couple of months to see what happens to us.
Nope, not send yet. I have a chance to include all the missing pages. :)

techLover

Aug 29, 2016

I assume the purpose of these pages is to validate you correctly calculated your Physical Presence, should there be any doubt. Sending them the blank pages would be kind of pointless, as the immigration officer won't know any way how many pages your passport is supposed to have.
Yup doesn't make sense much. Every entry in Canada is using a PR card. On my last entry into Canada, they didn't stamp my passport on arrival, so passport alone does not help in tracking anyone's exit or entry into Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yup doesn't make sense much. Every entry in Canada is using a PR card. On my last entry into Canada, they didn't stamp my passport on arrival, so passport alone does not help in tracking anyone's exit or entry into Canada.
They are not looking for stamps by the CBSA. They are looking for stamps from other countries.

CBSA started tracking exits out of Canada only from June 2020. So, while CBSA will have all the records of your entry into the country using your PR card, they will not have the exit records.

For example, if someone left Canada on 10-Jan-2019 to Singapore and returned only on 20-Nov-2019 but they've mentioned in the physical presence calculator that they left Canada to Singapore only on 20-September-2019 and they returned on 20-Nov-2019 (while, in reality, they actually left on 10-Jan-2019), how is IRCC going to verify that claim?

When when IRCC tries to query the CBSA's database, they will only see the entry record into Canada (20-Nov-2019). They will NOT be able to confirm when the applicant left the country. This is the reason why a lot of applicants get asked for all the pages of the passport because those pages will show the real picture (Singapore Immigration would have stamped your passport on 10-Jan-2019 with an entry stamp and by looking at this, IRCC will be able to confirm the applicant lied on their physical presence calculator).

This process will likely be decommissioned after June 2025 because the 5 year eligibility period for applicants after June 2025 will fall after June 2020 and CBSA, at that time, will have all the entry AND exit records for all trips during their eligibility period.

Reactions: bellaluna

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Hi ,
Regarding the recent update about color copies for all pages of the passport ,I just noticed that it is not updated in the minor check list ,they ask only for photocopy of biographical page , shall we follow the guide or treat the minor checklist like adult?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi ,
Regarding the recent update about color copies for all pages of the passport ,I just noticed that it is not updated in the minor check list ,they ask only for photocopy of biographical page , shall we follow the guide or treat the minor checklist like adult?
The instruction guide for minor only asks for biographic pages, so submit only that. Follow the relevant instruction guide.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html#step2

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
It's not that difficult to find out how many pages standard passports of most countries have. Also, my passport has page numbers at the bottom, so they would be able to tell if I skipped some pages in the middle.
My old (expired) passport doesn't have page numbers + my country of citizenship issues passports with different number of pages (one has double the amount) but both are still considered standard passports. There's probably plenty other countries with a similar passport procedure. They can figure it out if they wanted to, but it'd add a lot of extra time to each processed application.