+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants waiting for background checks!!!!!!!!

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Jianadaren said:
Hi guys!

did anyone tried to file a complaint about CIC slowly processing your supposed-to-be fast-track FAM case?

our CIC just advises us to wait patiently for no-limited period of time (basically they didn't answer the question on how long we need to wait, just wait and that's it).. our case is ongoing b/checks for 6 months now and no info from CIC when these checks will be completed. the case is straight - forward, no government or military background for both.

maybe, if we request to transfer our case to a different CIC in another country it might help to speed up the process? or MP could help to find out what is the real cause for slow processing?

please, anyone who had experience with these advise if these measures or anything can help to speed it up.
Try to call CSIS and fax a letter requesting for any updates of the background checks. Until now, I haven't received the letter from CSIS. I already made another fax request & call CSIS today to confirm that they do send a letter if it's still ongoing/not done & send another letter if it's done. I hope the rep I talked to was right. I also email my MP for assistance, haven't received any news from them yet.

It might not be best to transfer your application to another country it will delay more. I already tried anything that I could to speed up the process. maybe the last thing I didn't do yet is order a CAIPS notes..still early for now.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I recieved written confirmation from CSIS this week, they say their report WAS concluded October 2010, and CIC have connections with CBSA , so I just emailed CBSA to see what if any my status update is, seem as though CBSA has been involved for 9 months now, what a long journey this is !

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
turquoise said:
Try to call CSIS and fax a letter requesting for any updates of the background checks. Until now, I haven't received the letter from CSIS. I already made another fax request & call CSIS today to confirm that they do send a letter if it's still ongoing/not done & send another letter if it's done. I hope the rep I talked to was right. I also email my MP for assistance, haven't received any news from them yet.//
Hi! we requested b/checks status from CSIC in the end of June and they e-mailed back requesting mailing address. Just called them today to ask if they'd received it and sent the mail out, but their rep told us nothing specific to our case though, just that this request of checks status may take up to two months and the checks themselves can take up to a year or even more.

we requested CAIPS already twice - no "red flags", just nothing indicating why they are doing these checks so long.

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
I recieved written confirmation from CSIS this week, they say their report WAS concluded October 2010, and CIC have connections with CBSA , so I just emailed CBSA to see what if any my status update is, seem as though CBSA has been involved for 9 months now, what a long journey this is !
When did you request to CSIS? & what do you mean about CIC have connections with CBSA. you mean it's not only CSIS doing Background checks but also CBSA?

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
This was my 2nd request to CSIS , they took aprox 14 days to reply, and Im afraid , security checks come in 2 stages, CSIS & CBSA , CIC like to do a thorough backgroung check, and they and CBSA are working together on PR applications.

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
June 15: Background check
June 29: CSIS request sent

July 15: E-cas states "Medical result been received."

what does this means? Were they done with the BC? coz when my appeal was allowed, my husband re-do the medical & sent it together with the rest of additional/updated documents(we didn't wait for them to request it) e.g. Current PCC, IMM0008, Sched1, ARC, etc.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Usually from what I understand , as an outland application, once meds results recieved you should recieve PPR soon , dont know how long but what I read is 3-5 months .

isar

Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Apr/2010
Doc's Request.
14/Jun/2010
File Transfer...
29/May/2010
Interview........
18/Aug/2010
Passport Req..
14/Jun/2010
hey guys!

Today I received a letter from High Commission, they have asked for pp, medical redo, travel history and new PCC.

BC must be over. it took almost one year :-\
I do not know how much time now it will take after
submission of the documents!

I hope yours also be over soon.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
I just want to share my csis thoughts and experiences with those who are waiting...though I am not sure how comforting it will be...

We have been in b/c for 3.5 years, yes you read that correctly - years.

In that time I have contacted every person imaginable.

Here's the reality: CSIS background checks take as long as they take and there is nothing anyone or any organisation can do to make them move faster. CSIS is above all and answer to no one. There is currently a five year backlog at CSIS and they are not required to prioritize family stream cases.

As for the SIRC and writ of mandamus... I haven't filed those because as I understand it all CSIS has to do is show that they have been working on your case to the best if their ability... And likely they have been (though CSIS and I differ on the what we consider best of their ability). And you most certainly run the risk if delaying your case further and losing thousands of dollars in the process. There are a thousand lawyers who will advise you to file...but I have spoken with two very highly regarded immigration lawyers who both told me the same thing: when it comes to CSIS there isn't much that can be done so they would in essence just be taking my money (which is what lawyers do best).

And for the media: they need a hook - beyond we've been waiting a long time - thousands of us have been. (Visit the Islamabad thread...lots of people well into a two year wait). Ask most Canadians (not involved in the immigration system) and they will be THANKFUL CSIS is being so thorough. So as far as media go - not much of a story. But hey if you have a great hook - call the media!! Anything to give them a kick in the butt!

So as painful as it is...you have to wait. Stay in touch with your MP and pray you won't have to wait as long as we have.

I probably sound bitter and jaded. Likely, because I am.

Locolynn

isar

Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Apr/2010
Doc's Request.
14/Jun/2010
File Transfer...
29/May/2010
Interview........
18/Aug/2010
Passport Req..
14/Jun/2010
Kedeisha said:
congrats isar yay almost done ;D
thanks Kedeisha

but the thing is my previous med was expired in April 2011 and I did my medical again in April 2011 without high commission's request.
now they are asking me to do it again. I am confused now because it is only 3 months that has past from my last medical and they are asking me to do it again!
I do not know what to do!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isar said:
thanks Kedeisha

but the thing is my previous med was expired in April 2011 and I did my medical again in April 2011 without high commission's request.
now they are asking me to do it again. I am confused now because it is only 3 months that has past from my last medical and they are asking me to do it again!
because u didnt wait for the request that is why u have to redo it as sometimes they may just need updated blood work or xray not the entire medical so ppl are advised to wait and dont be proactive as they could also request that u go to a specific DMP..sorry u have to redo but just go ahead n redo n be donw with this crazy process

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
isar said:
thanks Kedeisha

Isar,

Try to get in touch with your visa office if they received your medical re-do please don't forget to attached the copy of the green form you submitted for their reference that indeed you already had your medicals done last april 2011 which is still valid for 1 year.

I also submitted my medical redo after my appeal was allowed on April 2011 even though visa office didn't request it yet and as far as I know based on my e-cas they accept my april 2011 medical redo.

This also jive with my CSIS background letter received dated July 13, 2011 that background was requested by CIC from their office on June 1, 2011 CSIS sent the result on July 4, 2011 to CIC & on July 15, 2011 my e-cas shows medical results has been received.

Try to email your visa office maybe you they didn't know you already had your medicals done. hope this helps....

Turquoise

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turquoise said:
Isar,

Try to get in touch with your visa office if they received your medical re-do please don't forget to attached the copy of the green form you submitted to them from the immigration doctor for their reference that indeed you already had your medical's done last april 2011 which is still valid for 1 year.

I also submitted my medical redo after my appeal was allowed even though visa office not requesting it (I knew from my CAIPS notes that medical expires january 2011) and they still accept it, as far as I know since my e-cas shows last week medical result has been received.

Turquoise
I agree with what turquoise says just send what u have and hope they accept it and dont ask for a redo

isar

Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Apr/2010
Doc's Request.
14/Jun/2010
File Transfer...
29/May/2010
Interview........
18/Aug/2010
Passport Req..
14/Jun/2010
thanks guys

I have sent an email to high commission, I hope they get back to me soon.
today I realized the box for file number is not filled on the green form which I sent to HC. may be it is creating problem!!

I agree with you and really do not want to put more six weeks to the process timing.