+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sarahqse said:
I called them. They said same thing. I ordered ATIP to see if there is any problem.

Thanks.
I also enquired with CIC, same answer. One thing that I noticed is that the agent went and checked the file and told me that you should expect something by summers. He said nothing is wrong otherwise.

How come he knew that the file would move further in summers and not before?

I am really not sure if ATIP will bring some new information. Has anyone really got some benefit from ATIP in this situation?

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
thepolestar said:
I also enquired with CIC, same answer. One thing that I noticed is that the agent went and checked the file and told me that you should expect something by summers. He said nothing is wrong otherwise.

How come he knew that the file would move further in summers and not before?

I am really not sure if ATIP will bring some new information. Has anyone really got some benefit from ATIP in this situation?
Hi thepolestar , which is your local office? Thanks.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Sarahqse said:
I called them. They said same thing. I ordered ATIP to see if there is any problem.

Thanks.
Hi
I applied end of July & they recieved it Aug 1st. Transferred to Montreal Dec17 and still nothing. Every time I call they say its inline and every thing is ok. I ordered an ATP or what ever the hell its called and still nothing :(
Sad and confused but nothing to do but wait

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
Hi
I applied end of July & they recieved it Aug 1st. Transferred to Montreal Dec17 and still nothing. Every time I call they say its inline and every thing is ok. I ordered an ATP or what ever the hell its called and still nothing :(
Maybe try to contact your local MP office see if they can help about your case?

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
Hi
Hi Noor, Although you are from Montreal, but we have kind of similar timeline. I feel so sad seeing that some others who filed long after us are already Citizen.

Especially, that I wanted to vote this time but highly doubtful that I would become citizen by elections.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My journey here is complete.
Good luck to all of you, email AORers!

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 12, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 2, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on December 3, 2014. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 7, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

You became a Canadian citizen on May 6, 2015.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
thepolestar said:
Hi Noor, Although you are from Montreal, but we have kind of similar timeline. I feel so sad seeing that some others who filed long after us are already Citizen.

Especially, that I wanted to vote this time but highly doubtful that I would become citizen by elections.
Hi thepolestar,

Yes, I have seen a number of later applicants have already been citizen already... My appl is also in Scarborough... however still waiting for test invite... Maybe scarborough slowed down?????????? :(

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi thepolestar,

Yes, I have seen a number of later applicants have already been citizen already... My appl is also in Scarborough... however still waiting for test invite... Maybe scarborough slowed down?????????? :(
You are right, Benk.

I also see that Scarborough is slowing down but may be not for some new applicants. I guess the change in application fee has something to do with it. The government has to justify the amount of money being charged from the new applicants who are paying some $600+ amount. :( :(

The biggest concern is that we don't know what is the exact reason for such delay, but we are open to guess anything. Not leading upto any conclusions. :mad:

What is your timeline?

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
thepolestar said:
You are right, Benk.

I also see that Scarborough is slowing down but may be not for some new applicants. I guess the change in application fee has something to do with it. The government has to justify the amount of money being charged from the new applicants who are paying some $600+ amount. :( :(

The biggest concern is that we don't know what is the exact reason for such delay, but we are open to guess anything. Not leading upto any conclusions. :mad:

What is your timeline?
Hi thepolarstar,

My timeline is: applied oct/nov 2014, aor jan 2015...still waiting for test... :( :( :( I heard that nowadays, CC agents wont tell you anything about your application if within processing timeline... :(

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news about the oath delays for Montreal or Quebec city ? do we get paper letters or it appears on eCas ?

Sarahqse

Jul 21, 2014
Any news for test invitation from Montreal office?

I am still waiting.

Hi
[/quote]

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
I had my test in Montreal office today. They sent me the notice on April 29th and updated ecas on May1st. My application was transferred to Montreal on Dec 30st.

The test was very easy. You will receive only one or two questions on specific names/dates. I read the book twice and could pass the test full mark.

The interviewers were tough. I saw many people who received RQ, two girls were crying :( I am not sure what was the problem with their files though. For me it was around 5 min interview. The officer asked me about why I have changed my apartment. What was the last time I went grocery shopping and where did I go for grocery shopping. I did not expect these questions but I guess he just wanted to make sure that I do live in Montreal and the address I give is correct. Some more questions about work of mine, my husband and our source of income and my travel history(specially to my home country). While he was talking to me he was checking the stamps in my passport with the dates in my calculator.

Afterwards he congratulates me and said oath is going to be 2-4 months.

Good luck everyone, just relax, study well for the exam and prepare all the documents that you can (including your expired passports, translation of stamps in your passport and your work/study documents).

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
I had my test in Montreal office today. They sent me the notice on April 29th and updated ecas on May1st. My application was transferred to Montreal on Dec 30st.

The test was very easy. You will receive only one or two questions on specific names/dates. I read the book twice and could pass the test full mark.

The interviewers were tough. I saw many people who received RQ, two girls were crying :( I am not sure what was the problem with their files though. For me it was around 5 min interview. The officer asked me about why I have changed my apartment. What was the last time I went grocery shopping and where did I go for grocery shopping. I did not expect these questions but I guess he just wanted to make sure that I do live in Montreal and the address I give is correct. Some more questions about work of mine, my husband and our source of income and my travel history(specially to my home country). While he was talking to me he was checking the stamps in my passport with the dates in my calculator.

Afterwards he congratulates me and said oath is going to be 2-4 months.

Good luck everyone, just relax, study well for the exam and prepare all the documents that you can (including your expired passports, translation of stamps in your passport and your work/study documents).
Congratulations!