+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
As of today my status on ecas also changed to "Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office". Till yesterday it was "local office" instead of "Guy-Favreau office".

Anyone here received test date from "Guy-Favreau office" recently?
HI, Mine is the same, a day ago was "local office", today is "Winnipeg".

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • HI all,

An interesting conversation took place in the lunch room at work today.

Re: Fingerprint requests which one of my colleagues shared that he had received, in association with his application. he was expressing concerns as to why...

Needless to say as I work in a contact centre with quiet a few immigrants, there were a few opinions as to why this would happen.

Some of them seemed valid but there was mention of a peculiar possibility that I never heard of before
    See below:

• A criminal past which came up during background check
    (Seems like a ligit reason)
    • Client profile which had more than a 50% match on RCMP data with some one sharing similar profile info
    (Again seems ligit)
    • Client does not yet have a finger print yet in CIC or RCMP Data Base and one needs to be obtained for security reasons
    (This struck me as a odd reason to request a fingerprint)

I decided I would ask for opinions as to the 3RD option
My colleague who made this suggestion stated that laws are now changed and; if CIC or RCMP never had your fingerprint before everyone will need to provide a copy to safe-guard canadian borders; in the event someone tries to use your Canadian passport to gain access to Canada.
Has anyone heard this before ? or is this just someone trying to be a know it all?

If this is true then all inland PR applicants may be exempted from FPR, which would also mean all outland applicants could expect to get finger printed then?

Opinions would be appreciated, it would offer insight to those of us still waiting.

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
khowe said:
I assume that the office is Vancouver. I have a feeling they are still working the kinks out of the E-CAS under this new regime.
Hi Khowe,

My Ecas is updated today with the local office location (Edmonton). Previously it was just stating that file is transferred to office responsible for my area on December 30, 2014.
Irony is I updated my home address on Ecas on December 30, 2014, to a Calgary address. Not sure how the file transfer will work out between these two offices or if there will be a file transfer at all? I will see if I can get any further information from the call center.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
I know the feeling. I was there. Why can't they just create one line record mail received. If they send back all they have to do is mark it as incomplete application. It would be as simple as below.

Recevied - On receipt of the mail
In Process - If he file is accepted
Incomplete - Incomplete file sent back
Local Office
Test
Oath
Complete

Hello, that's actually an interesting statement . Are you saying that they update the ecas ONLY when they have verified that you meet the basic requirements I.e. All your documents are there ?

So, what does receiving the AOR mean? Is it simply that they have received your application ?

Thanks,

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
latitudeofgratitude said:
  • HI all,

An interesting conversation took place in the lunch room at work today.

Re: Fingerprint requests which one of my colleagues shared that he had received, in association with his application. he was expressing concerns as to why...

Needless to say as I work in a contact centre with quiet a few immigrants, there were a few opinions as to why this would happen.

Some of them seemed valid but there was mention of a peculiar possibility that I never heard of before
    See below:

• A criminal past which came up during background check
    (Seems like a ligit reason)
    • Client profile which had more than a 50% match on RCMP data with some one sharing similar profile info
    (Again seems ligit)
    • Client does not yet have a finger print yet in CIC or RCMP Data Base and one needs to be obtained for security reasons
    (This struck me as a odd reason to request a fingerprint)

I decided I would ask for opinions as to the 3RD option
My colleague who made this suggestion stated that laws are now changed and; if CIC or RCMP never had your fingerprint before everyone will need to provide a copy to safe-guard canadian borders; in the event someone tries to use your Canadian passport to gain access to Canada.
Has anyone heard this before ? or is this just someone trying to be a know it all?

If this is true then all inland PR applicants may be exempted from FPR, which would also mean all outland applicants could expect to get finger printed then?

Opinions would be appreciated, it would offer insight to those of us still waiting.

US does #3 for all immigrants - temporary or permanent. I wouldn't be surprised if Canada starts doing the same. That being a general statement - it seems strange that they request FRP for this reason (#3) from people applying for citizenship. If they do request FINGER prints it should be for all immigrants.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hello, that's actually an interesting statement . Are you saying that they update the ecas ONLY when they have verified that you meet the basic requirements I.e. All your documents are there ?

So, what does receiving the AOR mean? Is it simply that they have received your application ?

Thanks,
I made it in 5 minutes of thinking. More actions may be added. If the ECase has sufficient information it will reduce the call volume considerably. I don't expect any one to call if the visibility is complete in ECase.

With new email process there is no need for mailing AORs. Any updates to ECase should trigger an email or text message. It is very simple to do.

Recevied - On receipt of the mail - ECase updated as application received. - EMail sent application received
In Process - If he file is accepted - ECase updated as application in process- EMail sent application in process
Incomplete - Incomplete file sent back - ECase updated Incomplete - EMail sent application sent back for corrections
Local Office --------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent
Test-----------------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent
Oath-----------------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent
Complete------------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
US does #3 for all immigrants - temporary or permanent. I wouldn't be surprised if Canada starts doing the same. That being a general statement - it seems strange that they request FRP for this reason (#3) from people applying for citizenship. If they do request FINGER prints it should be for all immigrants.
I think they already do this for other categories, (I may be wrong)
I know inland applicants do them and depending on your country of origin you may have to provide them for even visit visas,
Outland applicants like myself do them as part of police clearance for PR.

***dont think CIC gets actual prints though, just stamped clearance certificate with picture***

but as it relates to citizenship applications, I just thought they issued FPR in the event of a trigger Ie. same name, or criminal past.

but hey, who knows with CIC!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kumbu.bumbu said:
I made it in 5 minutes of thinking. More actions may be added. If the ECase has sufficient information it will reduce the call volume considerably. I don't expect any one to call if the visibility is complete in ECase.

With new email process there is no need for mailing AORs. Any updates to ECase should trigger an email or text message. It is very simple to do.

Recevied - On receipt of the mail - ECase updated as application received. - EMail sent application received
In Process - If he file is accepted - ECase updated as application in process- EMail sent application in process
Incomplete - Incomplete file sent back - ECase updated Incomplete - EMail sent application sent back for corrections
Local Office --------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent
Test-----------------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent
Oath-----------------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent
Complete------------------------------------ECase updated Sent to local office - EMail sent
Received means that everything is in order (means all required paperwork is complete)
In process means that they are currently working on the application to do background checks etc.

If application is not complete, they will return it and they will not update ecas at all. This is what my understanding is

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
thecoolguysam said:
Received means that everything is in order (means all required paperwork is complete)
In process means that they are currently working on the application to do background checks etc.

If application is not complete, they will return it and they will not update ecas at all. This is what my understanding is
Everyone here know that. And to see that we have to wait months. And with the efficiency of CIC there are several people get frustrated as they have no clue whether the application is really received (Not CIC received) or not.

We don't have a status for real received and incomplete. So I suggested to update the status as above. They can add more statuses based on what they do, and update ECase each time. Any update in ECase should trigger a text and email to applicant. By this way there will be a visibility to the applicant what is going on and they would not flood CIC with multiple calls.

See below. If they have statuses as I suggest then the frustration will not be there.

good2011 said:
I agree. The CIC website indicates it will take 24-36 months to process, so that I just try to verify my status on eCAS instead of calling them to follow up. However, I sent my application on July 4th,2014, and they received it on July 8th, 2014. There has been nothing on eCAS since then, and I haven't received any email, letter acknowledging receipt or returned document. I felt something wrong thus I called CIC yesterday. What surprised me is that the agent told me they don't have any records in their system. He said they might return it to me and suggested me to resubmit the application. But I wonder if they returned the application without any records?

I find it happened to some people in this forum as well that their applications got lost and were asked to resubmit by the agents. But eventually, they got their original applications back and restored in the system after they called them or resubmit it. It means their applications were just in somewhere at Sydney Center and not be picked up.

Now I realized that different agents may give different answers, which really confuses me. And what sucks me is that the fees raised in 2015, which means if I resubmit the application, I have to pay the differences just because they lost my original application?

Today I tried to call them again but failed because of the busy lines. I sent an ATIP request instead and hopefully they can try to do some efforts to find my application.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
immigrant2008 said:
As of today my status on ecas also changed to "Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office". Till yesterday it was "local office" instead of "Guy-Favreau office".

Anyone here received test date from "Guy-Favreau office" recently?
I am not sure what they are doing exactly on my file. Today for the third time in last week my status in ecas changed, this time from "Guy-Favreau office" to "Montreal" office! So now it says "Your file was transferred to Montreal office".

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
Everyone here know that. And to see that we have to wait months. And with the efficiency of CIC there are several people get frustrated as they have no clue whether the application is really received (Not CIC received) or not.

We don't have a status for real received and incomplete. So I suggested to update the status as above. They can add more statuses based on what they do, and update ECase each time. Any update in ECase should trigger a text and email to applicant. By this way there will be a visibility to the applicant what is going on and they would not flood CIC with multiple calls.

See below. If they have statuses as I suggest then the frustration will not be there.
I think that intentionally they will keep the process untransparent for the applicant.

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
immi2011 said:
Hi Khowe,

My Ecas is updated today with the local office location (Edmonton). Previously it was just stating that file is transferred to office responsible for my area on December 30, 2014.
Irony is I updated my home address on Ecas on December 30, 2014, to a Calgary address. Not sure how the file transfer will work out between these two offices or if there will be a file transfer at all? I will see if I can get any further information from the call center.
Hi immi2011,

I checked my E-Cas and it has also switched from local office to "Citizenship Vancouver". It definitely seems like they are still working on getting the new system operating smoothly.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Ecas was updated today.

I see the Received line. When I click on it, I see the following:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 5, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The wait begins... :D

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Hi All,

What can be the next step in this new process after file moved to local office ?

Any body has received Test Invite yet ?

Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepak K said:
Hi All,

What can be the next step in this new process after file moved to local office ?

Any body has received Test Invite yet ?

Thanks
Deepak,

Can you put your timelines in the signature.

Thanks