+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
A few applicants, including myself, since june 2014 got their applications processed under the so called "new routine" as per cic agents, whatever that means. Basically they get an email AOR, their application no is in the form C000XXXXX and they don't have access to eCas so far...
So here's a couple of questions:

1- Are there any applicants under the "new routine" here on this forum that received any other notification after the email AOR ?
Applicants under the "old" process from, July and even August have seen some progress (test dates, received line disappeared, file transfer to local office)

2- Is the selection of applicants to go under this "new routine" totally random ? There are people from September that have eCas access and no email AOR.
Sent application to Sydney Case Processing Centre(CPC): July 7th 2014
Application received by CPC: July 10th 2014
Received e-mail notification with Application No. C00XXXXXX: September 25th 2014
Checked e-cas December 26th 2014: E-case updated with "received"
Still waiting for further progress.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Citizenship App No: C0000XXXXX
AOR: Email

Just an update...

My E-Cas has 4 lines now:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (I only received email AOR)
3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2014.
4. Your file was transferred to the London office on December 17, 2014. The London office will contact you. (I haven't heard/received anything yet)

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Citizenship App No: C0000XXXXX
AOR: Email

Just an update...

My E-Cas has 4 lines now:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (I only received email AOR)
3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2014.
4. Your file was transferred to the London office on December 17, 2014. The London office will contact you. (I haven't heard/received anything yet)

That is good news and progress. Mine is still showing only two lines 1 and 2

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
Hi Everyone,

I am part of the new C0000XXXXX group and my timeline according to E-CAS is as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 24, 2014.

4. Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on December 30, 2014. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See, that is what upsets me is that some applicants who applied in August and after that also were placed under the e-mail AOR group but their applications are being processed already...
It's a different situation for different applicants

According to what I'm seeing here, as a July 7th Applicant, my application should have been processed around November but so far my ecas only shows the received line and the sent acknowledgement of receipt lines. It's definitely disheartening.

Unomas

Nov 17, 2014
Hello everyone happy new year . I have. Two. Question and. I would really appreciate if. A great person can answer me. I aplied for. Citizenship. I'm also part of the new processz0000xxx and. to my understanding and from what I can see on some post here my application it's moving abit quick . I aplied on sept 19 acknowledgment letter received on November 20 and processing started on dec 9 now the question. Why is ecaz showing 3 lines only. I see. Post here where some people have. 4 lines line number 4 showing that the application was transferred to. Their local office ? Also I aplied with 3 years and 5 months after becoming a pr I travelled once during that times for 10 days but. After I aplied I traveled about 3 times to Usa .also 10 days and this last 3 trips will this be a issue for me ? Alil help would be appreciated. Thank you

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
See, that is what upsets me is that some applicants who applied in August and after that also were placed under the e-mail AOR group but their applications are being processed already...

According to what I'm seeing here, as a July 7th Applicant, my application should have been processed around November but so far my ecas only shows the received line and the sent acknowledgement of receipt lines. It's definitely disheartening.
We shouldn't fret over it I guess as the officer in charge of our files simply is not updating ECAS. There have been many cases where the applicant has received test letter & ECAS still shows received or in process at the most!!!

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi khowe,

I have exact same 4th line on my Ecas as yours. Which city you applied from? I was in Edmonton when I sent my application. I had Edmonton address as residential and Calgary address as mailing. I have moved recently to Calgary permanently and I updated my address on Ecas on December 30th, 2014. Same day when they transferred the file to office responsible for my area.

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
immi2011 said:
Hi khowe,

I have exact same 4th line on my Ecas as yours. Which city you applied from? I was in Edmonton when I sent my application. I had Edmonton address as residential and Calgary address as mailing. I have moved recently to Calgary permanently and I updated my address on Ecas on December 30th, 2014. Same day when they transferred the file to office responsible for my area.
I assume that the office is Vancouver. I have a feeling they are still working the kinks out of the E-CAS under this new regime.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:

check my timeline...

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:

I am on the same boat as you and Maali.

The more I try to use any logic behind this out of turn promotion, I get more frustration. Their is absolutely no relationship as to the received date of the file. I was patient until I was hearing the news that the new system the files are not updated with Email AOR but I now notice that some Email AOR in September October are moving faster than us.

All we can do is keep on checking the E-case.

Donvalley, if you are reading...Can you please add the column in the google spreadsheet about the mode of AOR received ( Email or Standard Mail)? something like that so that it becomes easy to see.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
fanboy said:
check my timeline...
fanboy,

how come you have two dates in each case ? How did you get that diff between 12/02 and 12/12 and 12/03 and 12/23 ? Did you request ATIP ? and if yes...did you ask for electronic file to be sent to your email address ??

Start Processing: 12-02-2014 (ECAS Active: 12-12-2014)
To Local Office: 12-03-2014 (ECAS Update: 12-23-2014)

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
fanboy,

how come you have two dates in each case ? How did you get that diff between 12/02 and 12/12 and 12/03 and 12/23 ? Did you request ATIP ? and if yes...did you ask for electronic file to be sent to your email address ??

Start Processing: 12-02-2014 (ECAS Active: 12-12-2014)
To Local Office: 12-03-2014 (ECAS Update: 12-23-2014)
12-12-2014
12-23-2014 Those are probably the dates that fanboy checked his ecas and saw the updates.

As for me, I saw the information in my e-cas on December 28th, but I because I had not checked ecas for about two months I have no idea exactly which date the updates were made.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepolestar said:
I am on the same boat as you and Maali.

The more I try to use any logic behind this out of turn promotion, I get more frustration. Their is absolutely no relationship as to the received date of the file. I was patient until I was hearing the news that the new system the files are not updated with Email AOR but I now notice that some Email AOR in September October are moving faster than us.

All we can do is keep on checking the E-case.
Yeah our applications should be processed about now just like fanboy's application. Hopefully we can become Canadian Citizens before 2015 ends :)

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to finalization for 80 percent of cases processed between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014:

Routine citizenship applications
24 months
Non-routine citizenship applications
36 months

Hi all,
as you can see I had a little too much time on my hand toady and found the following,
instead of the usual processing time to process all applications between 24-36 months, CIC updated their website on 23/12/2014 to show that within a year they have been processing applications from start to finish in only 2- 3 years.

My guess is, instead of updating new and correct processing time , they are choosing to keep mention of old times on website to deter callers... since immediately when you look at the website it still looks like the old processing times still apply... or maybe it was just a "Huge Typographical error"

Thoughts?
see link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp