+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
Just called the agent and she mentioned that due to an internal system change, those who got email has not been updated in the system yet. But the processing time with regards to people getting email and paper remains the same. She also mentioned that there is not definite time frame when our applications will start showing up in the ecas.

Regards,
Chandra
Last time I called they told me November, now it is 'indefinite'..
The only thing that this is a bit worrisome is that no one getting email AOR is receiving any correspondence thereafter.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you try calling CIC? and if so, is your application still in received status or is it in process?
Thanks

jrjayl said:
The only thing that this is a bit worrisome is that no one getting email AOR is receiving any correspondence thereafter.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
jrjayl said:
Aren't you worrying too much? See the following posts i.e. answers from CIC agents

us2yow said:
From speaking to an IT agent who I was transferred to by the regular Call Centre Agent I learned that they are doing a major upgrade to a new system. I was told they are in the middle of testing etc etc and originally should have been ready in Dec...but is def being worked on furiously so people can see their e-CAS in Jan or so...

I think with all the changes coming the BACK END is changing in a big way or quite a bit which is why all these changes and wait..also with all the other programs etc (Express Entry...etc etc etc)....it appears they are doing a major overhaul to be FASTER and MORE RESPONSIVE.

The IT desk agent said they improving functionality to do this and that and make it more user friendly and robust...

Good Things come to those who wait.... :) :)
They made it so robust so that not any correspondence after one email. Nothing can change it.

emceemouli said:
Just called the agent and she mentioned that due to an internal system change, those who got email has not been updated in the system yet. But the processing time with regards to people getting email and paper remains the same. She also mentioned that there is not definite time frame when our applications will start showing up in the ecas.

Regards,
Chandra
Don't ask how the processing speed is same when some Mississauga July normal applicants got test invite at the same none of the email AOR applicants started June got not even any other correspondence?
When they have no definite time frame when our applications will start showing up in the ecas, how can we trust they have same time frame for processing applications?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Did you try calling CIC? and if so, is your application still in received status or is it in process?
Thanks
No not in process, they told me waiting for review. I called last time was a month ago.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I haven’t received any emails regarding my citizenship application. The application was received on August 15, 2014. I just confirmed with CIC agent that he is not sure if the AOR has been sent out. I didn’t receive it so I assumed they haven’t sent. (this has never happened before during my PR process and sponsorship process). Fortunately, a file number has assigned to my application, which starts with C000. He also mentioned that the new system wouldn’t let me check the status of the application on ECAS yet. They had a training session last week as to the new processing system for citizenship applications. It is expected for us to check the status about at the end of January. I was quite frustrated as I haven’t received any proof showing my application is in process. Anyway, I now have the application number at least so I do want to believe that someone is working on it hopefully.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
I believe we are lab rats.
New applicants DO NOT add your email address on your application form.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
51smoker,

That may be wrong/inappropriate advice.

What if once the systems are up people who provided email access hear much faster and VIA EMAIL on test notification etc - which means you pretty much see it real time - but those who per your advice did not give an email heard slowly by regular mail ?

I get a sense from agents that both types (regular mail and email AOR folks) proceed the same way in processing. Now if a select few from GTA or who were Family applicants etc are hearing on tests or are already in progress I wouldn't extrapolate to blame it on an email AOR.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, to me the most important part was knowing that my application was received and it was complete.
When we applied for the citizenship, we were all aware of the situation that the processing time for routine applications are up to 24 months. As "us2yow" mentioned, if some people for whatever reason got their test dates already or they have become a citizen in a very short matter of time, we cannot assume that all of the applications would be processed the same way as them.( you can call it we are unlucky or whatever)
Please be patient and we will hear good news soon. Good things come to people who wait. If we pass the 24 months then we should be worried.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
IRCANADA said:
Well, to me the most important part was knowing that my application was received and it was complete.
When we applied for the citizenship, we were all aware of the situation that the processing time for routine applications are up to 24 months. As "us2yow" mentioned, if some people for whatever reason got their test dates already or they have become a citizen in a very short matter of time, we cannot assume that all of the applications would be processed the same way as them.( you can call it we are unlucky or whatever)
Please be patient and we will hear good news soon. Good things come to people who wait. If we pass the 24 months then we should be worried.
Yes. Mature post. I will have to follow this model. I was in frustration as my PR card just expired and I did not apply for one. Now I am applying in urgent processing.

We are not the unlucky ones until the process extends for 2 years. Those who got all done in 4 months 5 months are lucky ones. Comparing them is comparing some one who won a lottery.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
My ecas is activated today!!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
Me too.
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 20, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 4, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But I receive nothing. And the e-cas shows not in process yet. Maybe it is new procedure I don't know.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
alexdive,

Is your application no in your Email AOR starting with C00000xxxx? and are you a family application ?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think after receiving all e-mail AOR applications CIC stored in separate basket and just sent acknowledgement by e-mail and was not entered in the system to start processing. Which means now system will alert officers to work on these applications and during CIC experiment period e-mail AOR lost 3 month than regular mail AOR in processing.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mine is active too.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.