+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants of University category for Fall 2014 please join here.

Samadhani

Jul 15, 2014
Hey guys,

i am abdul samad. i just completed my btech with CGPA 7.7 . My ielts score is 7 overall. I would like to know to which uni i have a chance to get into. I have done research through some of the uni like Mcgill, UBC, Ottawa, Victoria.. I would like to do Meng in mechanical.
Dyu have any idea on my chances of getting into these universities

I do have one more doubt is it better to do a 1 year Meng from a good uni or two year Meng course . a two year course would give me a wrk permit of 3 years.. so iam confused since in most top ranked universities the course duration is less than 2years. thanks Smiley

garry gill1991

Jul 31, 2013
Samadhani said:
Hey guys,

i am abdul samad. i just completed my btech with CGPA 7.7 . My ielts score is 7 overall. I would like to know to which uni i have a chance to get into. I have done research through some of the uni like Mcgill, UBC, Ottawa, Victoria.. I would like to do Meng in mechanical.
Dyu have any idea on my chances of getting into these universities

I do have one more doubt is it better to do a 1 year Meng from a good uni or two year Meng course . a two year course would give me a wrk permit of 3 years.. so iam confused since in most top ranked universities the course duration is less than 2years. thanks Smiley
your academics are good
write a strong SOP and LOR from your professors
M.eng is of 2 years except Ontario
almost all universities in ontario provide 1 year M.Eng
u ll get PGWP of 3 years even after 1 year m.eng in ontario
so go ahead
good luck

Samadhani

Jul 15, 2014
garry gill1991 said:
your academics are good
write a strong SOP and LOR from your professors
M.eng is of 2 years except Ontario
almost all universities in ontario provide 1 year M.Eng
u ll get PGWP of 3 years even after 1 year m.eng in ontario
so go ahead
good luck
Thank you garry. Are you sure il get PGWP for 3 years even i study a 1 year Meng in Ontario? Coz thats the only reason stopping me to apply into good universities.

aserjam

Jun 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
Hi All,

This is Abhishek. I have been posting on this forum in the past and would like to hear more from people on this forum regarding:

1) People going to Concordia for Fall 2014 for Master of Allied Computer Science?
2) What are your accommodation plans?
3) Any chance anyone can help me with accommodation in Montreal?
4) Has anyone registered for the courses in the MyConcordia portal? (As per my acceptance letter I have some deficiencies and I am supposed to take up some qualifying courses before registering for the Master of Applied Computer Science course but there is no option to register for the qualifying course online)
5) Can we register for the courses once we are in Canada?
6) I am planning to leave on 15th-17th August for Canada from New Delhi.. Anybody else going around that time?

Looking forward to replies from people in this forum. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Regards!!

garry gill1991

Jul 31, 2013
Samadhani said:
Thank you garry. Are you sure il get PGWP for 3 years even i study a 1 year Meng in Ontario? Coz thats the only reason stopping me to apply into good universities.
To my knowledge , u ll get 3 year work permit
every province has its own rules
m goin fr 1 year m.eng frm UOT
n best part is after your graduate degree in ontario , u can apply for PR without job offer n work experience

majidqayyum

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh (Paper Based Application)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (Overall 6.5 band) no less than 6
File Transfer...
14-07-2014
Med's Request
Waived off
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/2014
LANDED..........
26/08/2014
garry gill1991 said:
n best part is after your graduate degree in ontario , u can apply for PR without job offer n work experience
Garry you got your Visa ??

Samadhani

Jul 15, 2014
garry gill1991 said:
Ok il check on that.. thanks bro

srizvi93

Jul 7, 2014
Hi,
I am looking to apply for 2015 Undergrad BBA Accounting program in Memorial University of Newfoundland, I am from Karachi, Pakistan.
My Profile:
HSC 74% 2012
Preparing for IELTS
Passed 8 papers of ACCA Foundation already, will be completing ACCA all F1-F9 Foundation courses by December 2014 InsAllah

I am worried for visa acceptance as my sister has moved to Calgary, Canada last year on immigration basis, She has PR and during immigration she has listed my name in family info form so I can't hide her name in my application, I have heard that if you have relatives in canada then you dont get the visa?? Please share if any of you have experienced this case around, I have my two elder brothers and parents settled in Pakistan, one sister in canada and one in UAE, other ties to my homeland could be my parents property, i m the youngest in my siblings, my parents will be sponsoring me for my studies (25k + 1st semester fees payment). I won't be showing my sister funds or anything except her name on my family info form.

Please suggest me how can I make my case stronger and what else I could show to make my home ties stronger, SHould i discuss in my SOP that my sister won't be taking care of me at all! I mean something like that in SOP???

If any one has come across similar case around or have any suggestion... Please Help!!!

sahiii20

Aug 4, 2014
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
10th 86
12th- 84
btech ece- 78
ielets 7
gre- 304

got uni of alberta masters in internetworking 2yr course fall 2014 pzz can any body tell tota expenditure of dis course including instructionala and non instructional fees

shivam30

May 24, 2014
simrat0721 said:
Hi
I Applied for the Masters in Civil Engineering program in University of Manitoba, Mcmaster University (for Winter 2015)
And in Ryerson and Windsor University(for fall 2014).
Yet not recieved any decision from any of these universities.

Any Other Applicant of Masters in Civil Engineering please discuss your profile here .

My profile
10th- 84% (CBSE)
12th - 77% (Non-Med) (CBSE)
B.Tech (Civil Engg.) - 70.2% overall
Last 2 years of B.Tech - 72%
IELTS - 7.5

What are my chances for any of these universities ?
are you going for U of Windsor now....???