+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Asal2013 said:
Hi guys,
I have one question. one of my friends plans to apply PR. He has a master degree from a Canadian university and a bachelor degree from his home country. dose anybody know that my friend should evaluate his bachelor's degree for submission or not?

Thanks,
I believe there is no need for that. You may also check with CIC through calling them.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Anu2006 said:
Hello all,

I have a very serious question. Today for the first time I invented that according to "CIC Checklists" official passport is not a valid passport.

Is there any one who has an 'official passport' and got immigration? Or any idea what could be a solution if cic rejects official passport.
Please guys, make comments on it.

Thanks.
I don't know why you do not have a regular passport. But your embassy in Canada may provide a regular passport for you (not sure about that).

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Asal2013 said:
Hi guys,
I have one question. one of my friends plans to apply PR. He has a master degree from a Canadian university and a bachelor degree from his home country. dose anybody know that my friend should evaluate his bachelor's degree for submission or not?

Thanks,
Your friend does not need it. I was in the same boat. I have my bachelor from home country. But I completed 2 years Canadian masters degree before starting PhD. I did not send any ECA report for home country bachelor because Canadian masters is my highest completed degree. Recently I've been requested for medical and RPRF.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Hi,

I have a question. If we apply under phd category, to which address should we send our application? there are two different addresses:
Centralized Intake Office – Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
P.O. BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada (source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp)

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada (source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg76)

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering that after getting PER can someone claim to pay tuition fees similar to local students. I am in an Ontario university and I heard that some people are paying less fees after getting PER. The university considers them local students and not international student. But they have to show every semester that the application is still in progress. Is This true ?
Is there anyone in this group who has claimed less tuition fees after getting PER ??
Please enlighten me.

Asal2013

Nov 17, 2013
bluelotus said:
Your friend does not need it. I was in the same boat. I have my bachelor from home country. But I completed 2 years Canadian masters degree before starting PhD. I did not send any ECA report for home country bachelor because Canadian masters is my highest completed degree. Recently I've been requested for medical and RPRF.
Thanks a lot Bluelotus!

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
I never have to do it. But I have seen students in University of Toronto gets reduced rate if you show them PER Email.

Bobrovsky1 said:
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering that after getting PER can someone claim to pay tuition fees similar to local students. I am in an Ontario university and I heard that some people are paying less fees after getting PER. The university considers them local students and not international student. But they have to show every semester that the application is still in progress. Is This true ?
Is there anyone in this group who has claimed less tuition fees after getting PER ??
Please enlighten me.

mazin2006

Feb 21, 2014
Viva2014 said:
I don't know why you do not have a regular passport. But your embassy in Canada may provide a regular passport for you (not sure about that).
In fact in my country, if one does govt. service is issued passport with 'official passport' written in the cover page. I use to do govt. job back home ( but I am not a diplomat) and now in Canada for 04 years till date to do PhD. I still hold that passport with student visa affixed in it.

Now I am waiting for PPR and highly worried how VO will treat this issue. Do anybody have any idea as to what could be CIC's action in this regard.
Please any comments!

Thanks.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all,
Just got the passport request. However, it seems like e big e-mail.
First they started with asking me to review my address.
Then there are three steps. Step-1: Status change, Step-2: passport request, Step-3: How to send passport.
They have given me 60 days to respond.
Is the format same for everyone?

Second question, after I land it may take 4-6 weeks to get the PR card. Now what if I need to go to a conference in USA.
I have valid TRV till 2016 (based on my study permit). Will that work? Or I am not allowed to leave Canada before getting PR card?

Thanks.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Landed today at Blue-Water Bridge. Everything went pretty smoothly, although it took the Americans ~1 hour to give me my refusal letter and turn me back. These were by far the nicest American Customs and Border Protection people I had ever seen, by far. On the Canadian side, it took maybe 5 minutes. She asked to see my study permit, but gave it back to me. I got the official welcome and congrats as well. I do recommend this port of entry.

My journey came to a close today. This forum was instrumental throughout the process. Thanks to everyone. I will try to pay a visit from time to time while I am waiting for my girlfriends' applications.

Cheers everyone!

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hi everyone,
I received my visa yesterday, but CPC stick my brother's photo onto my CoPR. I saw in this forum that some people said Immigrant officers at the border could change it easily, and I decided to go there. However, they did not experience this, and considered this a big mistake. They refused to complete my landing and kept the CoPR to fix the mistake. They let me in by my study permit.
I knew that some people in this forum also met this crazy problem. Could you guys share with me what they did after holding your CoPR? How long did it take to contact you again?
Many thanks!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I've got a bad news and a good news:

bad: I still haven't got my GCMS notes that I ordered in June!! After 3 round of emails with ATIP, they said they marked my application "priority". It's been 10 days, but no news yet!
good: who cares about the GCMS notes? I got PPR on Aug 19 and sent the passports the same day, got it back Aug 26 and landed the same day!

amir_hb

Oct 27, 2013
Is it fine if the attestation letter is signed by some other authority in the "School of Graduate Studies", for instance "director of student services"?
In principle they are the Dean's designate for issuing such confirmations and letters... but the name or title of the Dean himself is not mentioned anywhere in my letter. It is printed on the School of Graduate Studies letterhead using CIC's template, and has an embossed seal. They strictly refused to put the Dean's title and kept telling me that they've produced this type of letter before for immigration applicants and it's okay!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Henry.Nguyen said:
Hi everyone,
I received my visa yesterday, but CPC stick my brother's photo onto my CoPR. I saw in this forum that some people said Immigrant officers at the border could change it easily, and I decided to go there. However, they did not experience this, and considered this a big mistake. They refused to complete my landing and kept the CoPR to fix the mistake. They let me in by my study permit.
I knew that some people in this forum also met this crazy problem. Could you guys share with me what they did after holding your CoPR? How long did it take to contact you again?
Many thanks!
This makes absolutely no sense, why would they attach a picture of your brother to your document? How do they even have it in the first place?