Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
climate_modeller said:
Please make sure the letter from your supervisor doesNOT contradict with anything else that you submit with your application (like a letter from HR)
He hasn't applied yet. So I told him to just go with his supervisor's letter. No need to produce HR letter along with it.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hooman2012 said:
Just landed ;D
Congratulations! How was it? Did they ask you anything?

BTW, when did you receive your passport/visa from Ottawa?

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
someone_who_is_here said:
Hi Sia, I also changed my passport recently. May I know how we should inform them of this change and give them the new passport's information?

thanks
Well my passport was due to expire in Oct. They simply asked for one with a validity that exceeds 6 months in the "doc request" email.

I actually got my new passport today. Will pay the RPRF and email them the docs tonight.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
hey guys,

I am eligible to apply under both categories of family physician (1000 cap- no application yet) and PhD Stream. Which category do you think is faster or I ll have a better chance?

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
I can get a letter from my supervisor saying the hours of RA (33 hrs/week in the summer and 20 hours in the fall and winter) + a letter from the prof I was doing TA with (12 hrs/week in the fall and winter).

Do you think that will be enough WITHOUT HR letter????

chakri264 said:
He hasn't applied yet. So I told him to just go with his supervisor's letter. No need to produce HR letter along with it.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
PhD_Chemistry said:
I can get a letter from my supervisor saying the hours of RA (33 hrs/week in the summer and 20 hours in the fall and winter) + a letter from the prof I was doing TA with (12 hrs/week in the fall and winter).

Do you think that will be enough WITHOUT HR letter????
That should work. The HR letter was nowhere in my application and I am a PR now. :)

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hello Chakri,
Did they cross your study permit and previous visa from passport when you get new PR VISA?
Is it possible to travel outside Canada without the PR Card (as it take 7/8 weeks to come)?

Thanks.

chakri264 said:
That should work. The HR letter was nowhere in my application and I am a PR now. :)

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
guys I am about to prepare my documents for appliction in this category. In addition to this Phd RA experience that I have, I also have worked for 1 year part time and also a few months full time during and after I got my masters. But it will be hassle for me tofind my supervisor at the time and aske them to write a letter to claim those expereinces. Apart from the part that it might help my case if I did this do you see any harm in NOT REPORTING this? I mean I am sure most people here dont have prior to Phd work expereince and for that I think I would be fine with only my RA. but is it bad if i dont even say that I have worked?

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
someone_who_is_here said:
Thanks Sia for your reply,

Which email address should we use? Is that enough to just send a scanned copy of the new passport to them?
I think a short email saying how your passport is expiring and the scanned copy should do.

All e-mail enquiries should be sent to the following address only:

CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
absolute_boy97 said:
guys I am about to prepare my documents for appliction in this category. In addition to this Phd RA experience that I have, I also have worked for 1 year part time and also a few months full time during and after I got my masters. But it will be hassle for me tofind my supervisor at the time and aske them to write a letter to claim those expereinces. Apart from the part that it might help my case if I did this do you see any harm in NOT REPORTING this? I mean I am sure most people here dont have prior to Phd work expereince and for that I think I would be fine with only my RA. but is it bad if i dont even say that I have worked?
In my understanding (and don't take my word for it), you MUST report all work experience. So, the answer is YES, you may be accused of misrepresentation because of not reporting it (if they find out). Providing a letter is a different thing, though, and you don't have to provide a letter for it. To sum it all up, you MUST report it in the form, but you are not required to provide a documentation for your job if you are not going to claim it.