Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rogelio said:
Can anyone tell many what pages of my passport must be submitted? Just name, place of birth, TR visa, Canadian entry stamps? Or any page containing an entry stamp (not necessarily Canadian?)

It is not properly explained in the checklist.
I submitted a page with name/DoB/signature/photo, a page with the visa, and all pages that have Canadian entry stamps. I also submitted a copy of a study permit (it's stapled to my passport).

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Greetings Everyone!
First of all, I’d like to heartily thank all of you in this forum, seniors & contemporary applicants, for your thoughtful and kind suggestions and sharing own experiences. I’ve been a silent lurker of this forum since the time I was preparing to apply last year. At that time, I was immensely helped & guided by your suggestions. Your emphasis on proper experience letters was extremely crucial and I gathered my documents accordingly then. This forum also gave me clear idea about the different steps of PR process after application which I was completely unaware of before. I received benefits from the forum in many ways and will try to repay this favor for future applicants. Recently I received MR and RPRF requests ;D.

Dear Admin, plz include me in the tracker list. My specifics are:
1. Application reached CIO: Oct 7, 2013
2. Visa office selected: Ottawa
3. CC encashed: Dec 11, 2013
4. PER issued: Dec 23, 2013
5. No. of Persons: 2
6. Doc request: None (PCCs + bank statements were sent with application initially)
7. RPRF request: July 23, 2014
8. Medical request: July 23, 2014
9. Current eCAS: In Process
10. Nationality: Bangladesh
11. NOC codes included: 2147 (home country), 4012 (during PhD), 4011 (home country)
12. Primary NOC selected in sche3 form: 2147 (**had strong reference letters from home country)

Few other things I’d like to elaborate which might give some new idea to future applicants:

a) I only added RA experience (with NOC 4012) as a secondary experience. However I followed this forum’s suggestion to carefully gather those letters from supervisor, HR-Payroll dept. and I think they were solid enough to go through as primary occupation. I was just fearful about it and didn’t select it as primary NOC because many past candidates were rejected with RA/TA experience. I suggest future applicants to take highest care about experience letters and provide extra supporting documents like paystubs, T4, earning details explanation letter etc. The letter from HR-Payroll dept. defined my hours and salary which varied over the length of 2 years because I worked in different projects. The total no. of hours was nearly 2000. My supervisor wrote 2 letters for me. In the 1st letter, he explained my duties as RA with lead statement. He also referred the visa officer to that Payroll letter to find out salary & hours. In this way, these letters were complementary and not contradictory. In the 2nd letter, my supervisor described my progress of PhD studies which he mentioned is different from my RA duties. To avoid confusion, I did not include TA at all because it was not continuous (no TA in summer terms).

b) I received 10 adaptability points (from GCMS):
5 = previous study in Canada (however not exactly sure that it comes from 2 years PhD because I also completed 2 years Masters in Canada before starting PhD),
5 = spouse IELTS language proficiency.

c) I noticed with my contemporary applicants (aalm, sia_kb8, civil656, Bobrovsky1, vasyok) that they changed the RPRF email language. My officer number is “Program Assistant DB00204 – CPC-O” and I did not find the word ‘eligibility’ at all. But as suggested by a senior here earlier, I too think that they did the NOC checks before sending medical requests. However, I think this language is more appropriate because according to OP 6-C document, ‘eligibility’ also includes the verification of medical and criminal admissibility. Seniors are welcome to share their views on this topic.

This forum is great! Thanks again and good luck to all of us! :)

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Thanks, vasyok!

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Hi,
First of all, I'd like to congratulate you.
Secondly, I have a question about your RA, was it continuous over the 2 years?
I have been doing TA for the fall and winter and RA during the summer. This is what the HR letters will say. They will not say I was doing RA during the fall and winter semesters. Do you think I am still eligible to apply?

bluelotus said:
Greetings Everyone!
First of all, I'd like to heartily thank all of you in this forum, seniors & contemporary applicants, for your thoughtful and kind suggestions and sharing own experiences. I've been a silent lurker of this forum since the time I was preparing to apply last year. At that time, I was immensely helped & guided by your suggestions. Your emphasis on proper experience letters was extremely crucial and I gathered my documents accordingly then. This forum also gave me clear idea about the different steps of PR process after application which I was completely unaware of before. I received benefits from the forum in many ways and will try to repay this favor for future applicants. Recently I received MR and RPRF requests ;D.

Dear Admin, plz include me in the tracker list. My specifics are:
1. Application reached CIO: Oct 7, 2013
2. Visa office selected: Ottawa
3. CC encashed: Dec 11, 2013
4. PER issued: Dec 23, 2013
5. No. of Persons: 2
6. Doc request: None (PCCs + bank statements were sent with application initially)
7. RPRF request: July 23, 2014
8. Medical request: July 23, 2014
9. Current eCAS: In Process
10. Nationality: Bangladesh
11. NOC codes included: 2147 (home country), 4012 (during PhD), 4011 (home country)
12. Primary NOC selected in sche3 form: 2147 (**had strong reference letters from home country)

Few other things I'd like to elaborate which might give some new idea to future applicants:

a) I only added RA experience (with NOC 4012) as a secondary experience. However I followed this forum's suggestion to carefully gather those letters from supervisor, HR-Payroll dept. and I think they were solid enough to go through as primary occupation. I was just fearful about it and didn't select it as primary NOC because many past candidates were rejected with RA/TA experience. I suggest future applicants to take highest care about experience letters and provide extra supporting documents like paystubs, T4, earning details explanation letter etc. The letter from HR-Payroll dept. defined my hours and salary which varied over the length of 2 years because I worked in different projects. The total no. of hours was nearly 2000. My supervisor wrote 2 letters for me. In the 1st letter, he explained my duties as RA with lead statement. He also referred the visa officer to that Payroll letter to find out salary & hours. In this way, these letters were complementary and not contradictory. In the 2nd letter, my supervisor described my progress of PhD studies which he mentioned is different from my RA duties. To avoid confusion, I did not include TA at all because it was not continuous (no TA in summer terms).

b) I received 10 adaptability points (from GCMS):
5 = previous study in Canada (however not exactly sure that it comes from 2 years PhD because I also completed 2 years Masters in Canada before starting PhD),
5 = spouse IELTS language proficiency.

c) I noticed with my contemporary applicants (aalm, sia_kb8, civil656, Bobrovsky1, vasyok) that they changed the RPRF email language. My officer number is “Program Assistant DB00204 – CPC-O” and I did not find the word ‘eligibility' at all. But as suggested by a senior here earlier, I too think that they did the NOC checks before sending medical requests. However, I think this language is more appropriate because according to OP 6-C document, ‘eligibility' also includes the verification of medical and criminal admissibility. Seniors are welcome to share their views on this topic.

This forum is great! Thanks again and good luck to all of us! :)

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
No one has TA during summer. Also RA and TA are under same NOC. So I won't say you need to worry about it.

PhD_Chemistry said:
Hi,
I have been doing TA for the fall and winter and RA during the summer. This is what the HR letters will say. They will not say I was doing RA during the fall and winter semesters. Do you think I am still eligible to apply?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I would like to thank everybody and all admins since this post was founded, for continious help.

Visa Issued: July 18, 2014 (I attached a copy of my ticket as urgent)
Passport received: July 24, 2014
Landed: July 24, 2014

About the landing, I drove to the US border at North Portal, SK and waited for 15 mins got a letter from them, then moved back to Canada and waited for 45 mins they took a new photo of me and wrote my address and phone number on the US border letter to get my PR Cards. Then drove back home. No question no interview.

I get my tuition reduced from September semester.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
PhD_Chemistry said:
Hi,
Thanks PhD_Chemistry.
Yes, my RA was continuous over the 2 years. Another reason I did not include TA because I had only a few hours as TA, and my RA hours alone were nearly 2000 (I think 1560 hrs is the min requirement now). But we've seen that many applicants passed eligibility by including both RA, TA as primary NOC. So I think you have a strong chance if your HR letters are strong. They should mention that your position in the dept. as RA-TA is "continuous" and the letter should include all the duties of both RA and TA under NOC 4012.

If you feel vulnerable about this, I also suggest you to collect strong reference letters from your supervisor and make sure they don't contradict with HR letter by any means. My supervisor letters were really strong and I think these things count when the CIC officer try to judge the candidate's credentials. Besides, as supporting docs, you can attach any certificate of academic/professional/volunteership achievement (like conference award etc.), part-time job experiences in Canada/home (even if they are less than 1 year and outside skill type 0,A,B). I feel that in certain cases, these things strengthen the application.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
paraview said:
Provide more comprehensive documents such as photocopies of entry stamps can be a good idea, but, what if you claimed some travels in the form but you do not have a stamp for that? It may make things confuse. So be careful.
Very important point, I second to that. It does not hurt if you add extra pages, always better to be on the safer side.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Congratz Salam!
Could you please let me know details of your landing?
a) Urgent ticket for what? b) What do they ask you at the US Border? and what type of letter.

I am actually going to France for a conference. Can I do the landing when I return to Canada?
or they cross your Study permit or previous TRV from passport when giving you PR VISA?

salam20 said:
I would like to thank everybody and all admins since this post was founded, for continious help.

Visa Issued: July 18, 2014 (I attached a copy of my ticket as urgent)
Passport received: July 24, 2014
Landed: July 24, 2014

About the landing, I drove to the US border at North Portal, SK and waited for 15 mins got a letter from them, then moved back to Canada and waited for 45 mins they took a new photo of me and wrote my address and phone number on the US border letter to get my PR Cards. Then drove back home. No question no interview.

I get my tuition reduced from September semester.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Congratulations and welcome!
What did you mean by change in e-mail?
According to my GCMS (June 25), there is nor record of eligibility/medical/security/criminality---all says Not Started.
With in a month they give me medical call, either the program officer is super fast or they will hold me 2/3 months to check everything.
But from the last trackers, I am seeing people are getting passport request within 7 days of medical result upolad.
Who knows whats going on!

Best of luck everyone!

PhD_Chemistry said:
Hi,

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
A question for the seniors in this forum.
Does working as TA for 8 months and RA for 4 months for 2 years can be used as 1 year work experience. None of these jobs is done continuously all the year. But the combined hours of both TA and RA are sufficient for 1 year experience.
What do you think?

bluelotus said:
Thanks PhD_Chemistry.
Yes, my RA was continuous over the 2 years. Another reason I did not include TA because I had only a few hours as TA, and my RA hours alone were nearly 2000 (I think 1560 hrs is the min requirement now). But we've seen that many applicants passed eligibility by including both RA, TA as primary NOC. So I think you have a strong chance if your HR letters are strong. They should mention that your position in the dept. as RA-TA is "continuous" and the letter should include all the duties of both RA and TA under NOC 4012.

If you feel vulnerable about this, I also suggest you to collect strong reference letters from your supervisor and make sure they don't contradict with HR letter by any means. My supervisor letters were really strong and I think these things count when the CIC officer try to judge the candidate's credentials. Besides, as supporting docs, you can attach any certificate of academic/professional/volunteership achievement (like conference award etc.), part-time job experiences in Canada/home (even if they are less than 1 year and outside skill type 0,A,B). I feel that in certain cases, these things strengthen the application.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
aalm said:
Congratulations and welcome!
What did you mean by change in e-mail?
According to my GCMS (June 25), there is nor record of eligibility/medical/security/criminality---all says Not Started.
With in a month they give me medical call, either the program officer is super fast or they will hold me 2/3 months to check everything.
But from the last trackers, I am seeing people are getting passport request within 7 days of medical result upolad.
Who knows whats going on!

Best of luck everyone!
Thanks aalm. By "change in email language" I meant that CIC didn't mention "we passed eligibility in the class we selected" when they sent us the RPRF request emails last week. I think we all got the same email last week. Your most recent GCMS note was generated more than 1 month back (on the day you ordered). I think if you order another one now (which you will receive 1 month later), you will probably find that 'eligibility is done' and 'medical/security/criminality not started'. This is just my guess. Let's see and plz update us on that next GCMS note later. I agree with you that our MR was super fast, I didn't expect this. Let's just hope that passport request will not be very late for all of us.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
aalm said:
Congratz Salam!
Could you please let me know details of your landing?
a) Urgent ticket for what? b) What do they ask you at the US Border? and what type of letter.

I am actually going to France for a conference. Can I do the landing when I return to Canada?
or they cross your Study permit or previous TRV from passport when giving you PR VISA?
urgent trip for personal issue.
I went to the us border and I didn't have us visa. so I got a refusal letter.
if you have a trip you can do the landing at the arrival airport at the immigration office.
at the us border I mentioned that I am here to do the landing in Canada.
when I went back to canada , they asked me for the letter only.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi guys,

I was surprised to find that CIC just received 28 applications since May 1, 2014!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Hi guys,

need help. Do you think it is a good idea to include T4's into the application if I am going to claim RA as work experience? The catch is that my RA formally goes as a scholarship (graduate research scholarship) so no T4, but T4a. I know that this is still considered to be income (not taxable, though). My friend got his PR with no T4s in the application with TA/RA only. If I include them, will this screw my application? Has anyone done this before? Need your advice.