+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
My suggestion is that right after your graduation get 3-year Post-grad work permit and renew TRV. You can come back anytime in Canada during this time.
Secondly, check CIC designated physicians list. Get your medical done from Paris.

pageegap said:
Aaalm, thanks so much for your response. Do you know if I can submit my "medical results" from abroad (France)?
Now I can see the status of my application : "In process". My intention is to keep going with the application and to send the medical and criminal information when required hoping that this is not a problem.

My student visa allows me multiple entries and it expires on august 30th, 2015 (my graduation date is in november this year though) and planning to come back to the country in case that an interview is required for pr. Does any body know if I can use my student visa to get back to the country even after I finished school? If I get granted pr and send my passport and CIC sees that I have not been in the country for a long period of time, could that be a problem?

thanks so much guys!

thanks!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
chakri264 said:
Hi Viva,

Sorry if I did not answer your question in the past.

As per CIC the full time work is considered as 37.5 hours per week or 1950 hours per year. And a full time study is 15 hours per week (Reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp). In a conventional work set up a day of work consists of 8 hours excluding breaks (lunch break, coffee break etc). If you work more than 8 hours a day and so more than 40 hours a week that is called over time and the institution will have to pay extra for it. Since you want to claim 30 hours a week, you only have 10 hours per week towards your own work. If you say that you are working over the weekends and nights to get your work done (most of us do it), CIC will not consider it because 1) your work has to be done during regular university operating times (for it to be credited) and 2) you need PI's supervision who won't stay in office technically after hours. If you still want to claim the extra hours you might have to get a letter from the concerning person that you are being paid extra for it, which is nearly impossible.

So in my opinion claiming 40 hours of RA per week may have negative consequences. Some of the candidates applications might have been approved but it solely depends upon visa officer. My lab mate's application was rejected an year ago at Ottawa level for the same reason. The visa officer mentioned in his email that he was not convinced that the applicant is a full-time student based on the RA letter though the transcript shows that he is a full-time enrolled.

Hope this shed some light on this case.
Hi Chakri,

After may 2013, full time work is 30 hours/week (1560 hours/ year).
OP 6-C page 7:
"Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, and pursuant to R73(2), “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned."

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
salam20 said:
Got the Passport request and sent the passports. Someone mentioned it takes 9 days. I need to get them sooner. I have a booked flight. I sent an explanation letter with a copy of the ticket. I hope to get it back soon.
Good news! So you can pay the domestic tuition on September;)

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
They have asked for this:

Updated PHOTOCOPY or SCANNED COPY of a valid passport for yourself with a validity date longer than 6 month

Is this normal or did they just ask me?

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
I think that is because your passport is going to expire soon. Is it?

sia_kb8 said:
They have asked for this:

Updated PHOTOCOPY or SCANNED COPY of a valid passport for yourself with a validity date longer than 6 month

Is this normal or did they just ask me?

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
I would like to ask whether anybody here took medical exam at 474 College St, Toronto and saw the results updated on eCas? or even got PPR or completed?
They said they submitted my result more than one month ago, but I still don't see any update on eCas. ??? :eek: :mad:

Thanks

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Hi All,
I am new in this forum. I just have a question about applying for PR under the PhD stream. I don't have 1 year experience as TA only or RA only. But I have 1 year experience of combined TA and RA. Am I still able to apply? Does anybody have similar experience with this?
I am completing my second year of PhD next month.
Thanks in advance.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Guys,

A third line has been added today "Medical results have been received."

Hope to receive Passports request soon!

Regards,

josh123

Mar 27, 2014
Hi, I got the medical and RFRF as well on July 18th. But I have a question. My husband are in my home country, I am in Canada now. On his medical request form, his address is my Canadian address although when I applied, I filled the form to indicate he was working in China at that time. I think it may be because my husband used to have a spouse open work permit because I am a student in Canada, and he worked in Canada for three months. Does it matter the address on his medical form is Canadian address? He has to do his medical exam in our home country. Or should I contact cic about this? Thanks.

sia_kb8 said:
Just got medical and RPRF! Isn't it a bit too early?

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josh123 said:
Hi, I got the medical and RFRF as well on July 18th. But I have a question. My husband are in my home country, I am in Canada now. On his medical request form, his address is my Canadian address although when I applied, I filled the form to indicate he was working in China at that time. I think it may be because my husband used to have a spouse open work permit because I am a student in Canada, and he worked in Canada for three months. Does it matter the address on his medical form is Canadian address? He has to do his medical exam in our home country. Or should I contact cic about this? Thanks.
I think applicants can do their medical at any approved clinic because doctors use UCI/Application #/Passport info to identify people in their system. I also believe there is only one address associated with each application, so it might be a reason why a Canadian address is on his form.

Can you share some information with us, so admins could add you to the tracker (if you don't mind):

Your application reached CIO on:
The fee was charged on:
PER was issued on:
Your nationality:
Number of people in the application:

Thanks

josh123

Mar 27, 2014
Thanks for the info. Sure, I would like to share my info with other people. I just joined this forum recently. Please add my info. to the timeline.

Your application reached CIO on: Oct. 2, 2013
The fee was charged on: Dec. 20,2013
PER was issued on: Dec. 20,2013
Your nationality: China
Number of people in the application: 2
TA or RA: included, but not the primary occupation
Officie choose: CPP-Ottawa
Medical request: July, 18, 2014

vasyok said:
I think applicants can do their medical at any approved clinic because doctors use UCI/Application #/Passport info to identify people in their system. I also believe there is only one address associated with each application, so it might be a reason why a Canadian address is on his form.

Can you share some information with us, so admins could add you to the tracker (if you don't mind):

Your application reached CIO on:
The fee was charged on:
PER was issued on:
Your nationality:
Number of people in the application:

Thanks

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all,
My tracker just changed:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 26, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on July 17, 2014.

However, I have not received any medical request e-mail or anything.

Is there anyone from September get an e-mail?
I know Sia have got an e-mail who applied in October.

Thanks.