06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Blackhorse said:
The thing is in the second doc request, the officer asked me to to provide more information about commuting between university and workplace and certificates for having that job. I sent all my certificates and a letter from my supervisor that supported my claim.
However, the officer replied "The last documentation that you sent us listed duties that did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected for this employment".
Actually, the last documentation was not employment letter that lists duties, it was a letter in response to the officer's concerns! I already updated my employment letter twice and the duties and the lead statement were the same as NOC description.
This is really unfair. Now I see what you mean. Thanks for sharing.
I would contact them and explain the situation. This is obviously a misunderstanding and not a problem on your side.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Judy_LIU said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new in this forum. But I applied immigrant one year ago (April, 2013). Now I didn't get any mail except they send me a letter to confirm they received my file and encashed. And I checked online, it's always shown "in process". Is that normal ? May I email them to ask the process?

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.
You won't hear from them before 2-3 months, they seem still working on January's applications.

Please share your timeline with us.

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Judy_LIU said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new in this forum. But I applied immigrant one year ago (April, 2013). Now I didn't get any mail except they send me a letter to confirm they received my file and encashed. And I checked online, it's always shown "in process". Is that normal ? May I email them to ask the process?

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.
Hi Judy_LIU,

if you look in the tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-ASbHOIF93dDlLNjAtR1k4eGNtZ0xhSzkzYnBrVmc&pli=1#gid=0
you will see that most of the people that applied in April have not been contacted yet.
Hang in there, we are all anxiously waiting for some contact, but I believe it's close now for April applicants.
Would you mind sharing your info so that it could be included in the tracker?

Date application reached CIO
Date CC/BD encashed
Date PER issued
No of persons
TA/RA experience (included or only)
Nationality

Judy_LIU

Feb 4, 2014
I don't mind. Thanks for the reply.

Date application reached CIO: April 15, 2013
Date CC/BD encashed: 5 May, 2013
Date PER issued: 10 May, 2013
No of persons 1
TA/RA experience (included or only) no
Nationality: China
[/quote]

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Judy_LIU said:
I don't mind. Thanks for the reply.

Date application reached CIO: April 15, 2013
Date CC/BD encashed: 5 May, 2013
Date PER issued: 10 May, 2013
No of persons 1
TA/RA experience (included or only) no
Nationality: China

What is your work experience?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
thundervikes said:
Thank you for sharing your experience. But what is "due dates for eligibility"?
As long as I know, the due date for "Eligibility" is the dead line CIC set to assess candidates eligibility for permanent residence before that date. As you know eligibility is the main hurdle for everyone since they assess your work experience letters and make sure you are over the cut off points. Remaining modules Security, Criminality and Medicals are easy to pass through if you have had no criminal records and you are healthy.

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Hi guys,

Please let me know if the new cap fro PhD stream applications starts in the month of April or November every year?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Rina9285 said:
Please let me know if the new cap fro PhD stream applications starts in the month of April or November every year?
Hi RIna9285,

According to the new ministerial instructions, 500 PhD stream applications will be considered for the period of May 1 2014 to April 30 2015. Keep in mind though that these applications will be the last batch of applications before Express Entry is introduced next year, so apply the soonest you are eligible.

A maximum of 25 500 new complete applications submitted for the Federal Skilled Worker Class, without an offer of arranged employment, will be considered for processing for the period of May 1, 2014, to April 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction. The maximum of 25 500 new complete applications is allocated as follows:

1. A maximum of 25 000 applications will be considered for processing under an occupation list stream. Within the 25 000 cap, a maximum of 1 000 applications submitted for each eligible occupation set out below will be considered for processing; and

2. A maximum of 500 applications will be considered for processing under a PhD student/graduate stream.

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/html/notice-avis-eng.php#d107_a

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
meyakanor said:
Hi RIna9285,

According to the new ministerial instructions, 500 PhD stream applications will be considered for the period of May 1 2014 to April 30 2015. Keep in mind though that these applications will be the last batch of applications before Express Entry is introduced next year, so apply the soonest you are eligible.

So they finally decrease the number of applications. We totally saw that coming!

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
I have a question that bothers us a lot, so hope someone here can help us.

My fiancé's application got returned twice for the same reason: the officer said that he needs to provide enough evidence to prove that he has finished two years of his PhD program. However, he provided his official transcript and school letter, which clearly showed that he's enrolled in the PhD program for two years. The transcript also showed that he already passed the comprehensive exam. When the application was returned because of this reason for the first time, we included a letter explaining that these documents have showed that he's enrolled in this program for two years in re-submission. Then the application was returned for the same reason again.

The school letter and the transcript are the official letters the university provides to show the two-year enrolment. Now we're stuck. Does anyone know any other ways to show two-year enrolment? Or, this happened to anyone else here?

Many thanks!

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
AXMMS said:
I have a question that bothers us a lot, so hope someone here can help us.

My fiancé's application got returned twice for the same reason: the officer said that he needs to provide enough evidence to prove that he has finished two years of his PhD program. However, he provided his official transcript and school letter, which clearly showed that he's enrolled in the PhD program for two years. The transcript also showed that he already passed the comprehensive exam. When the application was returned because of this reason for the first time, we included a letter explaining that these documents have showed that he's enrolled in this program for two years in re-submission. Then the application was returned for the same reason again.

The school letter and the transcript are the official letters the university provides to show the two-year enrolment. Now we're stuck. Does anyone know any other ways to show two-year enrolment? Or, this happened to anyone else here?

Many thanks!
Sorry to hear that.
Have you included an attestation letter (a letter probably form Faculty of graduate studies, which says the applicant is in a good academic standing) as well?

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
N_O said:
Sydney didn't award any points for the spouse's education or the Canadian child for many applicants who applied before May 4th, including myself. According to the OP 6B, we are entitled for those points.

Prapplicant, would you please share your timeline with us?
I do not know if they added it in my case or not, but what I did (as I mentioned on the forum a few weeks back) was that I had emailed them my wifes education docs and told them that the points were not in my GCMS notes and I was entitled to those points according to the manual page xyz.

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
This information is included in the transcript. For each term, the transcript says whether the student was in good standing or excellent standing based on the grades.

Is there any other information included in an attestation letter? Do you happen to have a templet for this letter?

Thanks!

prapplicant13 said:
Sorry to hear that.
Have you included an attestation letter (a letter probably form Faculty of graduate studies, which says the applicant is in a good academic standing) as well?

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
Hi! I have not posted for a while, but I constantly monitor the forum.
I ordered the information request under the privacy act to get more info about my score and other details. I received the results after a month, and there is not much in it! They have sent me a CD that contains a copy of everything on my file, but no assessment. Did I order a wrong one?
I am getting tired of all this waiting, specially when it turns out to be for nothing! Last time my case was opened and in an hour became decision made! let's see if 2014 is any better!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Ace_2012 said:
Hi! I have not posted for a while, but I constantly monitor the forum.
I ordered the information request under the privacy act to get more info about my score and other details. I received the results after a month, and there is not much in it! They have sent me a CD that contains a copy of everything on my file, but no assessment. Did I order a wrong one?
I am getting tired of all this waiting, specially when it turns out to be for nothing! Last time my case was opened and in an hour became decision made! let's see if 2014 is any better!
I am an April applicant too, and my GCMS notes shows that they haven't touched my file yet, so do not worry!