+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
zhougt said:
I got a question about the passport request. I know it is a little bit early to me, but I would like some comments from you guys.

I am currently in Canada, while my wife is in China. I know mailing her passport to CIC could expect some delay. You know, a passport is considered as a "good" according to the Canada Custom, and they have to do some "clearance" when shipped.

I would like to ask a friend who is travelling from China to Canada to bring her passport to me. Then I can just mail our passports together in Canada. Do you think it is a good option? Would it raise any suspicion to the CIC office since my wife has claimed she is in China and her mailing address is in China?

Thank you!

I don't think your wife can mail her passport to CIC directly because the email clearly says that "passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together".

zhougt

May 15, 2012
proclivity said:
I don't think your wife can mail her passport to CIC directly because the email clearly says that "passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together".
Thank you proclivity! I see the point :)

zhougt

May 15, 2012
How long does it take to have passport request after the medical exam? I checked the online tracker. Seems like the time varies from couples of weeks to half a year. You guys have any idea?

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
zhougt said:
How long does it take to have passport request after the medical exam? I checked the online tracker. Seems like the time varies from couples of weeks to half a year. You guys have any idea?
I am also wondering how many days it will take from ME to PPR.

Has your online status shows that CIC has received the ME result? How many days after your ME that CIC shows MER? Thank you.

zhougt

May 15, 2012
thundervikes said:
I am also wondering how many days it will take from ME to PPR.

Has your online status shows that CIC has received the ME result? How many days after your ME that CIC shows MER? Thank you.
I haven't taken my ME yet. Will do it next week.

I accidentally disabled the online system, and now I can't check the online status anymore :-( I guess I will ask my MP to give them a call to check if my ME is submitted.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
zhougt said:
Half a year!! It has been a year for 4 of us after the ME :).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Half a year!! It has been a year for 4 of us after the ME in silence :).
Try to contact them again through your MP as your medicals will be expired within 3 months.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
Try to contact them again through your MP as your medicals will be expired within 3 months.
I have done 3 times so far. Just keep saying security is in progress. I really cannot even imagine what they are looking for. I will be more than happy if they let me know what in my life has caught their attention :).

SMike

Jun 20, 2012
aidina said:
I have done 3 times so far. Just keep saying security is in progress. I really cannot even imagine what they are looking for. I will be more than happy if they let me know what in my life has caught their attention :).
Try to stay happy, even if they don't let you know why or what. I know it's hard but, given how helpful your suggestions have been to most of us on this forum, maybe the delay is a way of keeping you connected to this forum. Regardless of how long you still have to wait, I strongly think you'll laugh last.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
SMike said:
Try to stay happy, even if they don't let you know why or what. I know it's hard but, given how helpful your suggestions have been to most of us on this forum, maybe the delay is a way of keeping you connected to this forum. Regardless of how long you still have to wait, I strongly think you'll laugh last.
Thank you :).

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
Hi,all
Does work experience in my home country count for 'one-year' work experience?
I had a year work experience in China, my TA don't arrive one year, and I dont have RA.
Thank you,
Xiaolei

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
xiaolei said:
Hi,all
Does work experience in my home country count for 'one-year' work experience?
I had a year work experience in China, my TA don't arrive one year, and I dont have RA.
Thank you,
Xiaolei
Why do you not have RA? As a PhD student, you should do RA type of work.

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
thundervikes said:
Why do you not have RA? As a PhD student, you should do RA type of work.
In my university, we have only TA, the other funding is listed in T4A...although the funding is from supervior

Blackhorse

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Hi,

I received an email from CIC which inquire more information about my work experience and my educational credential in my job! This email was sent one month after my doc request!
I sent some documents 20 days ago and haven't received any feedback yet! Did any of you have the same situation?

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackhorse said:
Hi,

I received an email from CIC which inquire more information about my work experience and my educational credential in my job! This email was sent one month after my doc request!
I sent some documents 20 days ago and haven't received any feedback yet! Did any of you have the same situation?
This probably means they just started processing (FA... is doing final assessment), and it's good news that they ask you for further information instead of blindly rejecting. You can update your letter now with the information they want. What does the email say exactly?