+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
2MarriedPhDs said:
Thanks again N_O!
Do you know what I should write in the Subject of the email and in the email body?
I will send an updated reference letter, a Letter of Employment issued by the HR of my university, and a letter from the Department where I am enrolled.
Should I just make clear that I am sending these documents to update my application or is there a more formal procedure to ask them to include new documents in the application?
(I am actually including 2 supporting documents, and updating a reference letter)
This is what you get in the automated e-mail after sending anything to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca:

If you are the applicant and you must provide us with your:

Surname (Last name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Given name(s) (First name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number; and
Application number (V#, F#, EP#, E#, B#).

In the subject of the e-mail write your application number and then whatever is about the e-mail

coolguyvenky

Oct 30, 2013
This forum is highly helpful in preparing my application. Thanks for the wonderful work.
someone please answer this question?

(The new PhD cap year began on May 4, 2013, and will end on April 30, 2014, unless otherwise stated by the Minister.)

Can I still send my application to Nova Scotia?
Will it give enough time to get PER before the deadline?
Thanks for the help.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dapin84 said:
My wife and I are planning to have a baby, and I am pretty sure I am gonna get MR in a few months, so I was wondering if you guys know if she can gets her medical exam (or at least the x-rays) before being asked for it.
She can undergo her exam before receiving the MR, but the results are valid for just 1 year.
Read all about the Medical Exam here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dapin84 said:
This is what you get in the automated e-mail after sending anything to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca:

If you are the applicant and you must provide us with your:

Surname (Last name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Given name(s) (First name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number; and
Application number (V#, F#, EP#, E#, B#).

In the subject of the e-mail write your application number and then whatever is about the e-mail
I second what Dapin84 said.

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
N_O said:
She can undergo her exam before receiving the MR, but the results are valid for just 1 year.
Read all about the Medical Exam here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
I called the medical centres and they said I need a form, and in the webpage you gave me it says that to get the medical exam before being requestes is for the family class.

Do you know where I can get the form to take it to the approved doctor?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dapin84 said:
I called the medical centres and they said I need a form, and in the webpage you gave me it says that to get the medical exam before being requestes is for the family class.

Do you know where I can get the form to take it to the approved doctor?
Did you read this sentence, "When you go to your appointment, you must bring: the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not undergo an up-front medical exam. The visa office will send you this form."? This means that you can do it up-front.
I was going to do it up-front so I called the medical center in my city and they didn't mind at all to do it up-front. Also, Salam20 did it up-front but the application was rejected because of the work experience.
What about the CIC calling center? Did you ask them about this issue?
Good Luck!

Edit: You won't find the form online! IMM 1017B: Upfront Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary – not available on the CIC website as panel physicians will have these forms in their office.
Please read this, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp
And this, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp#chap4

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
hooman2012 said:
Hello I have a question can some one answer this question please?

When they asked for list of publications for Iranians what does that mean and what is this for?
What Happened if someone has duplicate publications? (The same publication published in to two conferences which should not be like that).
Will this cause any problem? Do they ask why did you do that (publishing the same paper twice?) or will they try to contact both conferences and tell them that
this person published that twice?

I appreciate if you give me your opinion for that.
The reason that they ask for publication is for security check. They wanna see what your field of study is. I don't think they would care about the ethical points. That's my speculation of course and no one knows for sure.

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
N_O said:
Did you read this sentence, "When you go to your appointment, you must bring: the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not undergo an up-front medical exam. The visa office will send you this form."? This means that you can do it up-front.
I was going to do it up-front so I called the medical center in my city and they didn't mind at all to do it up-front. Also, Salam20 did it up-front but the application was rejected because of the work experience.
What about the CIC calling center? Did you ask them about this issue?
Good Luck!

Edit: You won't find the form online! IMM 1017B: Upfront Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary – not available on the CIC website as panel physicians will have these forms in their office.
Please read this, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp
And this, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp#chap4
Thanks, however I still see that the upfront medical exam is only for, certain applications, see below, does it mean do I have to tell the doctor I am applying under one of those categories?

Student
Worker
Visitor (for example, parents and grandparents super visa clients)
Family class EDE (includes spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children)
Refugee claimant (process available in Canada only). Clients under this group will have been seen by an officer at the port of entry in Canada and have a medical instruction letter in hands.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dapin84 said:
Thanks, however I still see that the upfront medical exam is only for, certain applications, see below, does it mean do I have to tell the doctor I am applying under one of those categories?

Student
Worker
Visitor (for example, parents and grandparents super visa clients)
Family class EDE (includes spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children)
Refugee claimant (process available in Canada only). Clients under this group will have been seen by an officer at the port of entry in Canada and have a medical instruction letter in hands.
Anyway, you're a student and your wife is a worker!

Edit: I found a thread discussing the Up-Front medical exam.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/upfront-medical-report-t138995.0.html

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
N_O said:
I disagree with your interpretation of this sentence. That sentence states that: in the absence of an upfront medical exam, the applicant must bring IMM1017E. That's all it says, anything else is what the reader imposes on the sentence.

That meaning does not imply that CIC will accept an upfront medical exam by anyone in the PhD stream nor by anyone in any other non-Family-class stream. Actually, that sentence say nothing about who can have an upfront medical exam accepted by CIC. The sentence only states a consequence of not having an upfront medical exam.

On this web: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp is stated the following:

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

1) Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application
2) Undergo your exam before you submit your application (Only for certain Family Class applicants)

So, unless you're a 'certain Family Class' applicant, you must wait for instructions.

I see that N_O and Salam20 had upfront medical exams. But all that means is that a medical provider did the exam and sent it to CIC. It doesn't mean that CIC accepted the exams. I wouldn't put it past CIC to receive the exams, mark the notes of your GCMS as medical exams received, but not mark the GCMS fields as 'medical done.' If CIC accepts those upfront exams without needing another exam, then I will believe.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
ryan_glory said:
The reason that they ask for publication is for security check. They wanna see what your field of study is. I don't think they would care about the ethical points. That's my speculation of course and no one knows for sure.
Thank you for the answer, but it is not ethical it is somehow, copyright thing. I mean by sending publication twice, one can violate the copyright of the first conference because the first conference has the right to publish the paper. My fear is that they (Immigration) contact the first conference in Iran and the conference wants to follow up with court or what ever thing.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
climate_modeller said:
I disagree with your interpretation of this sentence. That sentence states that: in the absence of an upfront medical exam, the applicant must bring IMM1017E. That's all it says, anything else is what the reader imposes on the sentence.

That meaning does not imply that CIC will accept an upfront medical exam by anyone in the PhD stream nor by anyone in any other non-Family-class stream. Actually, that sentence say nothing about who can have an upfront medical exam accepted by CIC. The sentence only states a consequence of not having an upfront medical exam.

On this web: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp is stated the following:

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

1) Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application
2) Undergo your exam before you submit your application (Only for certain Family Class applicants)

So, unless you're a 'certain Family Class' applicant, you must wait for instructions.

I see that N_O and Salam20 had upfront medical exams. But all that means is that a medical provider did the exam and sent it to CIC. It doesn't mean that CIC accepted the exams. I wouldn't put it past CIC to receive the exams, mark the notes of your GCMS as medical exams received, but not mark the GCMS fields as 'medical done.' If CIC accepts those upfront exams without needing another exam, then I will believe.
Actually, I didn't have an upfront exam but Salam 20 did, also I shared a link to a thread discussing this issue, and some applicants did that and went through.
Here is the link again, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/upfront-medical-report-t138995.0.html

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys... I sent my package today to CIO Sydney... however I realized I used the wrong PO Box (7500, for regular FSW instead of 8300 for PHDs)... Anyone knows what CIC's gonna do? Will they return the mail or they can sort it out internally? :(

Thanks!

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
N_O said:
According to the OP 6b we are entitled for 3-5 adaptability points for spouse's education. If they didn't award us those points then we can go to the court for appeals.
If you feel that your reference letters are not strong enough then update them as soon as possible. It is normal, all of us are nervous and stress, this is my second time :)
Strigger who applied before us wasn't awarded any points for his spouse's education, as he'll get the final decision before us then we'll know for sure if they still award those points or not.
Hey N_O and 2MarriedPhDs...

I updated some docs today in order to make sure they give me the points for my wifes education...
1. I sent my schedule 3 and updated reference letter to add one more year of experience and get 2 points...
2. I re-sent my wifes education docs in the mail as well...

for both points I explained the reason for sending my docs...

1. According to OP 6B, I am allowed to update my experience from application to assessment...hence did that...
2. Explained that my GCMS notes did not have any points by CIO sydney for my wifes education, hence I am resending these docs which were already part of my original file...

I did this just so that they look out for those points for sure...