Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beishidashuo said:
What working experience do you use for the 2nd time? Is it the same as the first time? Thanks.
Yes, the same work experience, but the letters were more detailed when the duties and other things were talked about.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASG said:
woot woot, CONGRATS!
so, was the RA/TA accepted as well for work experience?

as a sidenote, this definitely gives me hope ;-)
Thanks, man. Not sure if they accepted my RA/TA experience, but CIO @ Sydney definitely accepted it. Will find out about CPP-O when I receive the GCMS notes. Yah, stay hopeful. You will make it in the end. :)

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
No, I did not update any RA letter. Can I update it right now? If it is still not too late to update it, can you give me a copy?

I planned to apply for it again under CEC, since I graduated one year ago, and I have already worked as a PDF for one year. What do you think? Thanks.

N_O said:
I meant to ask, did you update your first ever RA experience letter? many applicants did that after the many rejection because of the missing leading statement and they made it, without updating those letters they were supposed to be rejected. The job offer does not work as it was supposed to be submitted with your initial application.
I think the best thing is to apply again, and it seems much faster for those who applied after May 4th.

Good luck!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beishidashuo said:
No, I did not update any RA letter. Can I update it right now? If it is still not too late to update it, can you give me a copy?

I planned to apply for it again under CEC, since I graduated one year ago, and I have already worked as a PDF for one year. What do you think? Thanks.
Unfortunately, no! You cannot update it after their final decision.
If you are eligible for the CEC, go for it. It is much easier than this stream.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
My dear god....

It is too late. I think I will apply for it under CEC. It is still one month before my IELST gets expired. But I still need some original files that I submitted already to CIC. But how can I get them first before my IELST gets expired.....Any suggestion? Thanks.

N_O said:

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
My original reference letter is almost the same as the ones in your link

Successful reference letters for the PhD stream:

I do not know why they refused my case....

N_O said:

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry to bother you, but what is the the missing leading statement ? Thanks.

N_O said:
I meant to ask, did you update your first ever RA experience letter? many applicants did that after the many rejection because of the missing leading statement and they made it, without updating those letters they were supposed to be rejected. The job offer does not work as it was supposed to be submitted with your initial application.
I think the best thing is to apply again, and it seems much faster for those who applied after May 4th.

Good luck!

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi guys,
one quick question. Is it possible to send spouse's IELTS result after submission of application to Ottawa?

Firewall

Nov 13, 2013
To whoever authorized to modify the "Immigration tracker - PhD stream" spread sheet,
I'd like to add my status as well: Application reached (Aug 19, 2013), CC encashed (Nov 12, 2013), # of persons in the application (1), Nationality (Iran)

Thanks and good luck everyone!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beishidashuo said:
My dear god....

It is too late. I think I will apply for it under CEC. It is still one month before my IELST gets expired. But I still need some original files that I submitted already to CIC. But how can I get them first before my IELST gets expired.....Any suggestion? Thanks.
It happened with many of us here, my first application was refused for the same reason so I applied again in last April.
What are the original documents that you have to submit them with the application? If they are the PCC, you can send them later.

beishidashuo said:
My original reference letter is almost the same as the ones in your link

Successful reference letters for the PhD stream:

I do not know why they refused my case....
It is better to share it with us, so we can see what went wrong.

beishidashuo said:
Sorry to bother you, but what is the the missing leading statement ? Thanks.
It is the first few lines in the NOC 4012, Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.
also, you are supposed to do at least a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aalm said:
Hi guys,
one quick question. Is it possible to send spouse's IELTS result after submission of application to Ottawa?
Absolutely.

amir_hb

Oct 27, 2013
beh467 said:
Since your TA is not continuous, you can not use that to satisfy the minimum requirement.

This is the minimum requirement : ( page 12 of op6c (...)).

Pursuant to R75(2)(a), the applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time
paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation, that
is listed in Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations),Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B(Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. So what if I take TAs during the summer 2014? will that be considered a 1 continuous year part-time experience then? It will be three separate contracts though: sep to dec, jan to apr, and may to aug.

Because I don't get how else a PhD student who has done their studies continuously and is now enrolled in a full-time program can have the work experience that CIC wants (when they exclude the T4A-type RA which is only considered T4A so that students pay less tax on the money)!

cindyxinxin

Sep 3, 2013
Hey Guys, I have two questions here and I really appreciate your help!

1. I submitted my application around the beginning of September. I have not heard anything back from CIC since then, nor my check has been cashed. I am starting to get worried now. Does CIC ever give confirmation of receiving people's application? (I did check the tracking number on Canada Post website, it said my package was delivered successfully.)

2. I am graduating from my PHD in March/April, 2014, therefore I will also be qualified for PNP. My question is that whether I can submit a PNP application while the current skilled worked application is being processed? Do you guys think it is better to also apply for PNP, or to just wait for skilled worker application ?

Thank you very much for any help!