+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

amir_hb

Oct 27, 2013
Hello all!
I just joined this forum. I'm a 2nd year doctoral student and I'm planning to apply under PhD stream next year. I'm assuming that this issue of work experience and RA/TA is still not so clear. But what I am trying to understand is that how many TA hours one must demonstrate to be considered sufficient? (if non-taxable RA doesn't count at all)
As part of my funding package I have to TA between 170 to 200 hours per year (i.e. fall & winter terms) but I might be able to take more hours this year if that would really help!

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
Has anyone had experience with getting married during the process? I am wondering how much time do I have to update them after I get married and what is the process for this to be done? Any ideas anyone? We all live in Canada.

BetsyZ

Oct 24, 2013
amir_hb said:
Hello all!
I just joined this forum. I'm a 2nd year doctoral student and I'm planning to apply under PhD stream next year. I'm assuming that this issue of work experience and RA/TA is still not so clear. But what I am trying to understand is that how many TA hours one must demonstrate to be considered sufficient? (if non-taxable RA doesn't count at all)
As part of my funding package I have to TA between 170 to 200 hours per year (i.e. fall & winter terms) but I might be able to take more hours this year if that would really help!
As you said, you TA for fall and winter terms, so it is not a continuous job and does not satisfy one year work experience requirement. However, if you have another work experience (at least one year continuous full-time or equivalent part-time) you can add your TA work experience and collect more points having only TA work experience is not enough no mater how long you have done TA.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravenous071 said:
hi guys,

Do i have to seal all letters of reference in an envelope when I submit my application or not?

cheers
No you don't need to seal the work experience reference letters.

amir_hb said:
Hello all!
Since your TA is not continuous, you can not use that to satisfy the minimum requirement.

This is the minimum requirement : ( page 12 of op6c (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf)).

Pursuant to R75(2)(a), the applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time
paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation, that
is listed in Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations),Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B(Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdsocialwork said:
Has anyone had experience with getting married during the process? I am wondering how much time do I have to update them after I get married and what is the process for this to be done? Any ideas anyone? We all live in Canada.
I think You should inform them immediately. This is part of the PER email I have got from CIO.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Folks,

I need you guys help.

My case has been refused because they did not give me the 5 adaptability points. My case has been reopened after one year after I argued.

Today, I got an email saying that I was refused because my working experience as a RA/TA is not enough to satisfy the case officer. What else should I do? Thanks. Any comments will be welcomed.

All the best,

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Sorry to hear that. Could you share your work reference letter? What was their reason for rejecting the letter?

beishidashuo said:
Folks,

I need you guys help.

My case has been refused because they did not give me the 5 adaptability points. My case has been reopened after one year after I argued.

Today, I got an email saying that I was refused because my working experience as a RA/TA is not enough to satisfy the case officer. What else should I do? Thanks. Any comments will be welcomed.

All the best,

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
phdsocialwork said:

Just let them know by email. They will ask you to update your IMM0008 form and provide them with two other forms filled out by your spouse. You also need to provide your marriage certificate, your spouse passport, and a police certificate for him/her.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
beishidashuo said:
Folks,

I need you guys help.

All the best,

Sorry, but I don't get it. Has it been reopened and is now open? Or it's been refused?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beishidashuo said:
Folks,

I need you guys help.

All the best,
Oh my goodness. You are still struggling! Sorry for your rejection.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beishidashuo said:
Folks,

I need you guys help.

All the best,
Sorry to hear that after 23 months of waiting! Did you update your reference letter before their decision?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
My new due date : 2014/01/15 :)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Dani1982 said:
My new due date : 2014/01/15 :)
Still less than 25 months, which is good! Also, good to know they still working on your application at least :)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
When was your original due date?
Dani1982 said:
Originally it was September 26th (Eligibility, security, medical and criminality), but the new assignment due date is October 1st.