+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

linux64

Aug 31, 2013
Do you think I can count on 5 adaptability points for previous 2 years of PhD studies for applicant under the new rules (Since the new rules has changed about these points)?
Has anybody received PER under new rules?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
linux64 said:
Do you think I can count on 5 adaptability points for previous 2 years of PhD studies for applicant under the new rules (Since the new rules has changed about these points)?
Has anybody received PER under new rules?
Some people including the forum guru asbereth think that the rules have been revised to award the 5 adaptability points. I honestly don't think this is the case because what was the reason to not award these points with the old rules, if the intention was always to support the current students? Anyways, we don't know until someone makes a precedent and gets a medical request under the new rules. Also note that CIO-Sydney is not a real decision-maker---they just check that the application makes sense, while everything is decided by the CPP-Ottawa officers. In other words, PER is by no means a guarantee that the application is going to be accepted.

I would recommend, if the timing is not crucial for you, to wait until you have enough points without relying on adaptability.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
kg.jadu said:
Some people including the forum guru asbereth think that the rules have been revised to award the 5 adaptability points. I honestly don't think this is the case because what was the reason to not award these points with the old rules, if the intention was always to support the current students? Anyways, we don't know until someone makes a precedent and gets a medical request under the new rules. Also note that CIO-Sydney is not a real decision-maker---they just check that the application makes sense, while everything is decided by the CPP-Ottawa officers. In other words, PER is by no means a guarantee that the application is going to be accepted.

I would recommend, if the timing is not crucial for you, to wait until you have enough points without relying on adaptability.
I completely agree with Kg.Jadu. Its too early to say ppl will get 5 adaptability points under the new rule and definitely PER is nothing, its just an initial screening from CIO which can be rejected by Ottawa even after 14/15 months of ur application, even after document request. Thats what we have experienced in last two yrs. So, please keep patience, do ur best. Make sure you have covered all the track, provide proper reference letter for ur work experience (most crucial thing), keep proper amount of money into ur account till ur processing done. Good Luck.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all,
Do I need to submit all types of bank statements or the savings account?
like do I need to provide credit card or general account statements?

Thanks

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
aalm said:
Hi all,
Do I need to submit all types of bank statements or the savings account?
like do I need to provide credit card or general account statements?

Thanks
Don't make it too complicated, show the account(s) transactions only to proof that you have at least the minimum required funds that they mentioned in the document checklist. It always better to show more funds but as I said don't put too many things to make ur file complicated/suspicious to them. And I don't think it make sense to provide the credit card statements. You can provide ur chequing , saving or Tax Free Savings account altogether. But don't provide any money which you put as investment that will not consider as transferrable amount and they will definitely deduct non transferrable amount from ur total amount (you showing).

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Nice thanks :)
One more question, I want to send the application through Canada Express post.
Should I send to the courier address of CIC or PO Box address?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
aalm said:
One more question, I want to send the application through Canada Express post.
Should I send to the courier address of CIC or PO Box address?
PO Box---courier is for Fedex, DHL etc.

cyn0sure

Jul 7, 2012
Hello, everyone. I have a question about the form IMM5669 (SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION).

The question 6: d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Do I need to answer "yes" if I was not eligible for processing when I applied at last year? I also got the refund.

Could you please help me? Thank you very much.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
cyn0sure said:
Hello, everyone. I have a question about the form IMM5669 (SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION).

The question 6: d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Do I need to answer "yes" if I was not eligible for processing when I applied at last year? I also got the refund.

Could you please help me? Thank you very much.
I think it should be 'NO', since they just returned your application it was not a rejection. At least you didn't get any rejection letter or neither your file was processed but I would call to the Call centre and confirm it officially. Plz make sure you keep the staff name, nd time when you called them so that anything bad happen you can refer this in later. Good Luck.

cyn0sure

Jul 7, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
I think it should be 'NO', since they just returned your application it was not a rejection. At least you didn't get any rejection letter or neither your file was processed but I would call to the Call centre and confirm it officially. Plz make sure you keep the staff name, nd time when you called them so that anything bad happen you can refer this in later. Good Luck.
Thank you so much.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

I got my passport back from Ottawa on 30/08. I did my landing on 01/09 (Carway, South Alberta), followed by a wonderful camping and hiking in Waterton National park. Everything went smoothly and no question and extra documents asked. The officers were very nice and polite.

I owe my success to this awesome forum, and your kind helps, comments and suggestions. I will still follow this forum and try to share my little experience and information. I wish you much luck and success with your application. Try to be patient, stay strong and "Never Give Up" :)

Difficult things take a long time; impossible things, a little longer.
- André A. Jackson

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hi all

I received my new GCMS. They have accepted my updated TA/RA letter and gave me its points.
Now I have 70 points. ( was 66 before )

I seems that I am getting closer to PR in my 5th try.

NeverGiveUp is right : Never give up.

Gongrats NeverGiveUp
:)

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
NeverGiveUp said:
Difficult things take a long time; impossible things, a little longer.
- André A. Jackson
Very true that !. I will always try and keep this in mind. Congrats and wish you all the best for your future travails.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Master3 said:
Hi all

I received my new GCMS. They have accepted my updated TA/RA letter and gave me its points.
Now I have 70 points. ( was 66 before )

I seems that I am getting closer to PR in my 5th try.

NeverGiveUp is right : Never give up.

Gongrats NeverGiveUp
:)
Did SL..... analyze your application again based on the updated letter or was it FA?. When was your application assignment date in your last GCMS and when was the most recent assessment done?. It would be indeed very helpful for me and others if you could shed some light on this

Good luck !