AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi anjuku,
When u sent an updated letter did you attach a cover letter stating the reason why you are updating the letter or any other explanation.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
anjuku said:
More good news here...just got MR...seems like they are really on top of things, astleast my file at the moment!! ;D

and thanks to all those who shared their experience about BLS for Indian PCCs, I went in in person today and submitted the application...we'll see when i get the PCCs back!! ::)
So Finally You got it, Cheers :D :D :D

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Feb2004 said:
Hi anjuku,
When u sent an updated letter did you attach a cover letter stating the reason why you are updating the letter or any other explanation.
yes i did put a cover letter saying that this is just supplementary information and that they should refer to my first letter for details regarding pay, hrs worked etc. I said the second letter is just to give more details of my RA/TA duties.
Hope this helps :)

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
mkrp21 said:
So Finally You got it, Cheers :D :D :D
Thanks...i have to say this forum is the best!!.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
shlam said:
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Not sure what a lead statement is, but the letter starts with:
"This letter is to certify that Ms./Mr X was previously employed at xFirmx as a Design Engineer (Mechanical).
xFirmx was founded in 1976 in xCityx. It specializes in research, development and manufacturing of E.P.S products such as iceboxes, insulator E.P.S sheets, and E.P.S products for building industry. It has also been involved in design and production of E.P.S machinery.
Ms./Mr. X worked at xFirmx as Design Engineer (Mechanical) from xDatex until xDatex for period of xxx as a full-time employee (42 hours per week). While working at xFirmx, her main duties included..."

The letter also includes my salary in the end.

and the refusal letter says: "I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from xFirmx did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described in the NOC code you selected – NOC 2132 Design Engineer - Mechanical. "

Please advise.
Hi shlam
I checked NOC 2132 and campared with your letter, probably you did not mention the lead statement. In the beginning, you just introduced your company, but introduction of your company does not mean you match the lead statement.
then you went to the main duties, which seem to match many of them if we just consider the numbers you covered. Admittedly, no one can cover all duties, because those duties are shared by so many subtitles, e.g. acoustics engineer and fluid mechanics engineer are absolutely performs different duties, therefore, no one can cover all duties no matter how you write the letter. Instead, if you write that you cover all duties, the VO will be suspicious.

I thought he VO thought you did not substantially perform the duties. e.g. you grab some same words, I always think it is too risky. They will think you did it in self-serving way, meaning that you seem to look at NOC first and write it, otherwise, how can these words are so similar if your boss wrote it without seeing NOC first.

this is just what I thought, otherwise, you performed 5 out of 9 duties, it would be fairly enough.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
for the administrators,...there is a small typo in the tracker...i got my MR today (May 17, 2013) and not 16 May 2013 :p

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
wintercolder said:
Hi all, I am new and just got several questions about application, hope some one could help me out.

(1) I just wonder what "Secondary education documents" includes? Some materials to prove high school graduation for a phd?
Is it a must to submit?

In the Schedule 3 form:
(2) My first question is about Assets, if I don't have a car and just rent an apartment, should the amount for assets be 0?
(3) Another question is how to fill in the "Main duties" on the last page of the form. Since the the space is quite limited, could I simply write "please refer to the reference letter"?

Thanks a million for clarification.
Hi,
Welcome to the forum!

Here is my two cents on your questions:
1)Yes, it is better to provide high school diploma/transcripts. Remember, points are awarded based on the total number of years of your education. So, you need to document how many years you have spent in school, plus undergraduate and graduate university programs. If you are confident that you have sufficient points, they are not going to reject your application just because you are missing the high school documents though.
2)"Assets" in the grand total of all the valuables you possess in your name. These include liquid and non-liquid assets such as money in the bank or on hand in any currency (converted to Canadian dollar), value of awarded but not yet received scholarships/grants, stocks/bonds, the official value of your property/real estate, cars, or anything of significant value in your possession. The sum of all you valuables minus all your liabilities (money that you owe to others - bank loans, mortgages, car loans, personal loans, student loans, etc) is your NET WORTH. Your net worth must be equal or greater than the settlement funds you need based on the size of your family. Hence, Assets cannot be "0" - it should be equal at least to the amount of the settlement funds you need if you do not have any loans or financial obligations.
3)No. Do your best. Here is what I wrote for one of the work experience entries, using some unconventional truncations:
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate
MBA & EMBA degree programs, include-
ing all related administrative, student, aca-
demic & faculty affairs; Administer budgets
advise VP Academic; Develop new progr.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
GeoCanadian said:
Here is my two cents on your questions:
1)Yes, it is better to provide high school diploma/transcripts. Remember, points are awarded based on the total number of years of your education. So, you need to document how many years you have spent in school, plus undergraduate and graduate university programs. If you are confident that you have sufficient points, they are not going to reject your application just because you are missing the high school documents though.
Under the new rules, I don't think points are awarded based on the number of years anymore. You just have to find the equivalency of your foreign credential to a completed Canadian credential, and points will be awarded based on the level of qualification of education credential you are submitting. So if you submit a credential equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree, then you'll be awarded 23 points. I don't think they ever mention any number of year requirement for Master's degree (Bachelor's though, needs to be at least 3 year or longer).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

So only ONE educational credential mattered, unless we're talking about the case where an applicant has two Bachelor's degrees of three year duration or longer.

R78(2)(a) provides that, except as set out in R78(1)(e) where points are awarded for two or more post-secondary educational credentials, points shall not be awarded cumulatively on the basis of more than one eductional credential.

Morshed

Feb 26, 2013
Hi all,

I would appreciate if someone can help me with points calculation. I have looked at new points criteria but I am just a little bit confused about the points I deserve. I am 4th year PhD student and I am single. My work experience is 3 years of research and teaching assistant. Could you please help me know how many points I can get except age and language proficiency?

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
asbereth said:
Under the new rules, I don't think points are awarded based on the number of years anymore. You just have to find the equivalency of your foreign credential to a completed Canadian credential, and points will be awarded based on the level of qualification of education credential you are submitting. So if you submit a credential equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree, then you'll be awarded 23 points. I don't think they ever mention any number of year requirement for Master's degree (Bachelor's though, needs to be at least 3 year or longer).

So only ONE educational credential mattered, unless we're talking about the case where an applicant has two Bachelor's degrees of three year duration or longer.
Thanks GeoCanadian and asbereth for clarification!!

My another concern is whether the birth certificate must be submitted? Since I remember when applying visa, the birth certificate is also required, but I didn't supply it due to the complex procedure to get it; however, I still got my visa with no problem. If I request the birth certificate from my original country, my submission will be delayed another one month...thus I want to know if the birth certificate is missing, will the VO process my files and then I supplement the certificate? thanks!

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
wintercolder said:
Thanks GeoCanadian and asbereth for clarification!!

My another concern is whether the birth certificate must be submitted? Since I remember when applying visa, the birth certificate is also required, but I didn't supply it due to the complex procedure to get it; however, I still got my visa with no problem. If I request the birth certificate from my original country, my submission will be delayed another one month...thus I want to know if the birth certificate is missing, will the VO process my files and then I supplement the certificate? thanks!
I would recommend to send birth certificate as well, otherwise CIC may return your application without evaluating it. It happend to my friend. He did not provide one document related to his full time enrolment status and CIC returned his complete application set and it delayed him by 2 months.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
smallkick said:
Hi all, just wanna update my status. My medical result has been received today (May 18,2013).
Thanks.
Congrats!

redstringbg1

May 18, 2013
Hello all,

I've also applied under the PhD program (CPP-O) along with my wife. I'm a resident of Canada while my wife is Iran. I was going through the forum to see what the post-medical process looks like and from my understanding if the application is successful passports are to be sent to CPP-O for visa stamping. Now, I've gotten rather confused here as to whether I'm supposed to submit my wife's passport to CPP-O as well considering that my wife is currently abroad or would she have to send it to her local Visa Office.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share any experiences.