26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi all,

Several people here got their PPR recently, so I suppose I will just share my recent landing experience. As I mentioned, I received my passport back on May 16 (Ottawa received my passport on April 18), with COPR and visa stamped on my passport (dated April 29, not sure what my passport was doing, sitting in the facility for 15+ days after stamping). On the same day, I drove to Peace Bridge at Fort Erie to complete my landing formality. I was going to do it at Niagara Falls, but I decided to go to Fort Erie, because I did not have a US visa, and I did not want to deal with US border (at Fort Erie, we can just take a U-Turn to return to Canada without dealing with the US border).

So I made the u-turn, and the border lady asked me where I came from. I explained that I was there just to land, and that I came specifically for that reason. She asked if I was importing anything, asked for my passport to check my immigrant visa. Then she gave me a yellow slip after asking me several questions (whether I had goods to be imported, firearms, etc; for which I answered 'no' to all, which was reflected on the yellow slip). She then told me to enter the building to complete my landing. I entered the building, and after about 10 minutes, a border agent called me I then presented my passport, and she started asking me about my employment letter, and also proof of funds. I wasn't prepared with employment letter, so I had to scramble around with my smartphone to gather what I could find from the Internet (which was not much).

She started giving me lectures on how TA/RA is not real work since we get paid to do our studies, on how as a skilled worker, I was expected to already have held a 'real' job (how I 'pre-emptively' applied for PR, and somehow got it, not sure what that really means). I tried to explain that I was qualified for PR under the PhD stream, but she kept insisting what she said before, so I figured that I should just keep my mouth shut and remain silent, with just one thought in my mind that she was a border agent, and it was not up to her to determine my eligibility to immigrate (it was CIC's job, which they had done, processing my application for the past 16 months).

She grinded me on proof of funds, asking me where the money comes from. She asked me how come none of the salary or funding from school went into the account. I told her it was on different account. She got upset when I told her this, telling me that I should've been more prepared, especially since I have more than one bank accounts in Canada. Then once again she told me to pull up information from my other bank accounts from my smartphone.

She asked me about stuff I said during interview 4 years ago when I applied for student visa (they had all these things on their system, so do not lie), and about other things which I don't think will be relevant for anybody else. After all said and done, she finally said that I am a permanent resident, and that I have the rights of a citizen except the right of vote, and that I am subject to PR residency requirements. No congratulations, and no 'welcome to Canada'.

I asked her several questions regarding residency requirements, PR card, etc, then I left, feeling a bit dissapointed with my experience (especially since most people are actually having a pleasant experience during landing; well, not me).

The moral of the story, while most likely they will not ask, bring with you all POF (also all statements on all bank accounts you have in Canada), and employment documents. You want to make sure that your landing is as smooth and pleasant as possible (after waiting for all those months). If you have ever been rejected a student visa before, then expect them to ask you some questions about it (PM me, and we can discuss if you are concerned about this issue).

I wish the rest of you good luck with your applications. I will still visit the forum from time to time, so if you have any questions about landing or anything else that I may be able to help, do not hesitate to contact me through PM or here :)

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
anjuku said:
hey...thanks!!...so if we are to apply for PCCs from Canada, then we have to do it through BLS (formerly, we had to do it through an agency called VFS)...VFS was so much better and this BLS just started recently and is a total mess...through VFS PCCs were issued within 10-15 business days while BLS claims they'll take 4-6 weeks!...and the funny thing is they keep your passport during this entire time (insane!)..since i got MR at the same time, i was concerned that i needed my passport for that...but fortunately, you just need to show the doctor's office your drivers license and photocopies of your passport...so you can still do your medicals without actually getting your passport back from BLS...
now regrading the updated PCCs in my case, so if you recall from my earlier posts, i didn't submit PCCs with my original application...but my family took a trip to India shortly after submitting the application in April 2012...we got PCCs in may 2012...but we retuned to canada only in july 2012...that's when we sent in the PCCs along with my huband's FBI clearance and state PCCs from the US...so there is that 2 month period between may and july that maybe they want to confirm that we didn't do anything bad!...because my understanding was that PCCs are valid for a year...so i should have been borderline since mine would expire may 2013 ...but anyway, i'm glad this is the only thing they requested!....it could have been worse!!
Thanks for such a detailed response anjuku. I ordered a new one back in Feb just in case cic asked for it but they did not :).at least not so far :)

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi all,

Several people here got their PPR recently, so I suppose I will just share my recent landing experience. As I mentioned, I received my passport back on May 16 (Ottawa received my passport on April 18), with COPR and visa stamped on my passport (dated April 29, not sure what my passport was doing, sitting in the facility for 15+ days after stamping). On the same day, I drove to Peace Bridge at Fort Erie to complete my landing formality. I was going to do it at Niagara Falls, but I decided to go to Fort Erie, because I did not have a US visa, and I did not want to deal with US border (at Fort Erie, we can just take a U-Turn to return to Canada without dealing with the US border).
Thank asbereth for the detailed information. It is very helpful. It is wierd that border agents are trying to check eligibility.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:
Hi all,

Congrats Asbereth! Thanks for sharing your landing experience and for your endless efforts in this forum!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Congratulations asbereth ! I am so happy for you ;)
Many thanks for every message you posted on this forum.
Wish you all the best, and please keep visiting this forum, at least for some time.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
The_Prince said:
Congratulations asbereth ! I am so happy for you ;)
Many thanks for every message you posted on this forum.
Wish you all the best, and please keep visiting this forum, at least for some time.
Thanks, man. I told TyrusX once that I would stop coming to the forum if my PR got rejected. Thankfully that did not happen.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, you live in Ontario, right? Were you able to get domestic tuition and OHIP with the new PER email? How about your spouse?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mkrp21 said:
Thank asbereth for the detailed information. It is very helpful. It is wierd that border agents are trying to check eligibility.
They're not actually trying to check my eligibility, she was just giving me a lecture on how a skilled worker is supposed to have a job, and how TA/RA is not an actual job, but at this point, I don't care anymore. She can say whatever she wanted, but in the end, she still landed me :)

And your turn is coming really really soon too. Just be patient for the next 4 to 5 weeks, and don't go too crazy if you see CEC or PNP guys, sending their passports maybe 3 weeks after you are receiving theirs back earlier than you. It's normal :)

N_O said:
Congrats Asbereth! Thanks for sharing your landing experience and for your endless efforts in this forum!
Thanks, man. Thanks for your effort too in helping others and updating the sheet :)

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
asbereth said:
They're not actually trying to check my eligibility, she was just giving me a lecture on how a skilled worker is supposed to have a job, and how TA/RA is not an actual job, but at this point, I don't care anymore. She can say whatever she wanted, but in the end, she still landed me :)

And your turn is coming really really soon too. Just be patient for the next 4 to 5 weeks, and don't go too crazy if you see CEC or PNP guys, sending their passports maybe 3 weeks after you are receiving theirs back earlier than you. It's normal :)

Thanks, man. Thanks for your effort too in helping others and updating the sheet :)
Thanks asbereth. Haha.. I actually dont know any CEC or PNP applicant so I wont be crazy LOL ;D ;D. But I wonder then what is the purpose of checking the POF by border agent? What do they look into POF. Will it be ok if I carry a bank statement?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
asbereth said:
Thanks, man. I told TyrusX once that I would stop coming to the forum if my PR got rejected. Thankfully that did not happen.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, you live in Ontario, right? Were you able to get domestic tuition and OHIP with the new PER email? How about your spouse?
Yes, I live in Ontario, and I got the domestic tuition starting this summer, but they told me I have to keep updating them every semester with documents proving that I am still not rejected. As for OHIP, I mailed the Ministry of Health a review request for me and for my spouse three weeks ago, I just received an acknowledgement letter from them 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for their decision.
I did not try yet to have my wife apply for any study program with the PER letter that her name does not appear on.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
Hi all,

So I made the u-turn, and the border lady asked me where I came from. I explained that I was there just to land, and that I came specifically for that reason. She asked if I was importing anything, asked for my passport to check my immigrant visa. Then she gave me a yellow slip after asking me several questions (whether I had goods to be imported, firearms, etc; for which I answered 'no' to all, which was reflected on the yellow slip). She then told me to enter the building to complete my landing. I entered the building, and after about 10 minutes, a border agent called me I then presented my passport, and she started asking me about my employment letter, and also proof of funds. I wasn't prepared with employment letter, so I had to scramble around with my smartphone to gather what I could find from the Internet (which was not much).

She started giving me lectures on how TA/RA is not real work since we get paid to do our studies, on how as a skilled worker, I was expected to already have held a 'real' job (how I 'pre-emptively' applied for PR, and somehow got it, not sure what that really means). I tried to explain that I was qualified for PR under the PhD stream, but she kept insisting what she said before, so I figured that I should just keep my mouth shut and remain silent, with just one thought in my mind that she was a border agent, and it was not up to her to determine my eligibility to immigrate (it was CIC's job, which they had done, processing my application for the past 16 months).

She grinded me on proof of funds, asking me where the money comes from. She asked me how come none of the salary or funding from school went into the account. I told her it was on different account. She got upset when I told her this, telling me that I should've been more prepared, especially since I have more than one bank accounts in Canada. Then once again she told me to pull up information from my other bank accounts from my smartphone.

She asked me about stuff I said during interview 4 years ago when I applied for student visa (they had all these things on their system, so do not lie), and about other things which I don't think will be relevant for anybody else. After all said and done, she finally said that I am a permanent resident, and that I have the rights of a citizen except the right of vote, and that I am subject to PR residency requirements. No congratulations, and no 'welcome to Canada'.

I asked her several questions regarding residency requirements, PR card, etc, then I left, feeling a bit dissapointed with my experience (especially since most people are actually having a pleasant experience during landing; well, not me).

The moral of the story, while most likely they will not ask, bring with you all POF (also all statements on all bank accounts you have in Canada), and employment documents. You want to make sure that your landing is as smooth and pleasant as possible (after waiting for all those months). If you have ever been rejected a student visa before, then expect them to ask you some questions about it (PM me, and we can discuss if you are concerned about this issue).

I wish the rest of you good luck with your applications. I will still visit the forum from time to time, so if you have any questions about landing or anything else that I may be able to help, do not hesitate to contact me through PM or here :)
Dear Asbereth---
First of all Congratulations!! for your long waited journey. Now would like to thank you for sharing your views, ideas and advise in all those past days, I personally got enormous help from you and really grateful for all those. Although, your landing story was not very pleasant but good thing that you have dealt with them smartly with the existing resources. Wish you a very happy and successful life in Canada.
Cheers!!
Kazi

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Hey guys,
I just noticed that the average processing time for CPP-Ottawa has now changed to 13 months! (updated April 24, 2013)...i guess this is good news!...but that also means i have exceeded this time frame :mad:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
asbereth said:
Hi all,

Thank You Asbereth for this detailed info...and thanks for your great efforts on this forum!!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
My timeline:

Profile:
2 person
RA

File received: Apr 29, 2013
CC charged: May 1, 2013
PER: May 14, 2013

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
anjuku said:
Hey guys,
I just noticed that the average processing time for CPP-Ottawa has now changed to 13 months! (updated April 24, 2013)...i guess this is good news!...but that also means i have exceeded this time frame :mad:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp
when they first introduce the phd stream, they change that to 8 mths. then towards end of 2012 / early 2013, it was updated to 15 mths. Now they have changed that to 13 mths (lowering it down). But don't forget, they are averaging the time out with other federal skilled worker applicants which are not in the phd stream track.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
websphereguy said:
when they first introduce the phd stream, they change that to 8 mths. then towards end of 2012 / early 2013, it was updated to 15 mths. Now they have changed that to 13 mths (lowering it down). But don't forget, they are averaging the time out with other federal skilled worker applicants which are not in the phd stream track.
ya..you are right!...