26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
websphereguy said:
Guys, I'll be surprise if they do. Its not 1 yr yet for you guys. For me, that's a different thing. Am planning to send my CAIPS today.
If your document request was sent by FA01772, most likely you have already been assessed against the selection factor, and your eligibility is most likely pending proof of settlement funds. However, if it's some other department (for example, RK6165, or somebody else), then most likely they have only checked if there is something that can be done to speed up the process on your side (such as PCC or proof of funds).

BNZL

May 6, 2013
I have been following this forum recently and I found it significantly helpful. My application was refused about a month ago from Ottawa after almost a year of receiving PER since the officer did not award me 5 points for adaptability as well as 2 points for my RA/TA letter. The officer had mentioned since the duties did not match the document, hence no point is awarded. My RA/TA letter had not listed RA responsibilities matching NOC duties but the officer did not even award me any point for my TA!
I have been reading these posts but still I have not been able to find a clear sample of RA/TA letter by an applicant that has been successful. Could anyone help me please to format this letter as in terms of how to split RA and TA hours and how to put responsibilities down. Since TA is done only for two semesters, is it still counted toward a continuous job?

Many Thanks!

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
BNZL said:
I have been following this forum recently and I found it significantly helpful. My application was refused about a month ago from Ottawa after almost a year of receiving PER since the officer did not award me 5 points for adaptability as well as 2 points for my RA/TA letter. The officer had mentioned since the duties did not match the document, hence no point is awarded. My RA/TA letter had not listed RA responsibilities matching NOC duties but the officer did not even award me any point for my TA!
I have been reading these posts but still I have not been able to find a clear sample of RA/TA letter by an applicant that has been successful. Could anyone help me please to format this letter as in terms of how to split RA and TA hours and how to put responsibilities down. Since TA is done only for two semesters, is it still counted toward a continuous job?

Many Thanks!
Sorry to hear that. Was your rejection after your document request?

BNZL

May 6, 2013
NeverGiveUp said:
Sorry to hear that. Was your rejection after your document request?
Thanks, yes they asked for cv and proof of funds. Since I had foreign proof account as well as Canadian, they did not accept the foreign funds and asked me to submit other documents. After I submitted all the requested documents, they rejected because of the reasons I mentioned in the first message!

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
BNZL said:
Thanks, yes they asked for cv and proof of funds. Since I had foreign proof account as well as Canadian, they did not accept the foreign funds and asked me to submit other documents. After I submitted all the requested documents, they rejected because of the reasons I mentioned in the first message!
Thanks for your reply. I am at the same stage...

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
Guys how long did it take you to get your CAIPS? My medical results has not been reached to CIC after 60 days. I applied for my CAIPS on April 18th and still waiting to hear back :(

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
samira sokn said:
Guys how long did it take you to get your CAIPS? My medical results has not been reached to CIC after 60 days. I applied for my CAIPS on April 18th and still waiting to hear back :(
I have applied several times, and usually, it takes close to 30 days. I applied on April 10, and have not received that one yet. Maybe give it another week?

NeverGiveUp said:
Thanks for your reply. I am at the same stage...
On your document request email, check the signature. It usually tells which department was asking for the documents. If it's "FA01772", I think it means your file has been assessed, and eligibility is currently in process (and you probably have passed selection factor). If it's another department, then they're just asking documents for completeness.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
On your document request email, check the signature. It usually tells which department was asking for the documents. If it's "FA01772", I think it means your file has been assessed, and eligibility is currently in process (and you probably have passed selection factor). If it's another department, then they're just asking documents for completeness.
[/quote]

Thanks for the comment. Mine is RK6165, and I probably have not passed selection factor yet.

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
Master3 said:
I got my GCMS. They have not done my eligibility yet but criminality in done.
Hi Master3,

My GCMS shows criminality in process. Under criminality, the status changes as not started->in process-> rcmp screening-> rcmp batch sent-> rcmp no reportable trace.Then it doesn't change for several months after that. Would you please let me know the other activities under criminality and how long it takes form rcmp no reportable trace to criminality done for your case?

Thanks a lot!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pass2012 said:
My GCMS shows criminality in process. Under criminality, the status changes as not started->in process-> rcmp screening-> rcmp batch sent-> rcmp no reportable trace.Then it doesn't change for several months after that. Would you please let me know the other activities under criminality and how long it takes form rcmp no reportable trace to criminality done for your case?
I got RCMP no reportable trace on Feb 26, and my criminality was passed on March 28, which was the day they took into account my other police clearances (FBI + Indonesian PCC's). I'm not sure exactly how to pass criminality, I initially thought that if your police clearance certificates show that you don't have any criminal records, and they acknowledge that, then it's good enough. Did you see your other PCC's under criminality sub-sections? Did you pass medical by the way, and did your third line show up on eCas?

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
asbereth said:
I got RCMP no reportable trace on Feb 26, and my criminality was passed on March 28, which was the day they took into account my other police clearances (FBI + Indonesian PCC's). I'm not sure exactly how to pass criminality, I initially thought that if your police clearance certificates show that you don't have any criminal records, and they acknowledge that, then it's good enough. Did you see your other PCC's under criminality sub-sections? Did you pass medical by the way, and did your third line show up on eCas?
I didn't see PCC under criminality sub-sections. But I did attach my PCC in my application package. Don't know why. I did pass medical. My ecas shows medical results have been received, but not decision made.

Atom Wang

Apr 20, 2013
hi guys,
just wondering is there anything different in terms of application for after may 04?
do you need to provide anything that is not listed before may 04?
thanks
Atom

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Atom Wang said:
hi guys,
just wondering is there anything different in terms of application for after may 04?
do you need to provide anything that is not listed before may 04?
thanks
Atom
If you have degrees from outside Canada, you need to have equivalency assessment. Points allocation for work experience are changed. You get less credit for work outside Canada and more points for work inside Canada.

Also, to get points for spouse under adaptability, the spouse needs to take IELTS. I think it replaces, under old rules, points for spouse having advanced degrees. Other than that, it became easier as more points are given for age.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
BNZL said:
sorry to hear that, what do you mean by saying foreign funds? You mean you provided a fund from the bank of your home country?

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
BNZL said:

Many Thanks!
The infamous 5 points for adaptability.

Sadly, most of us did not understand what they meant. It says that 5 points will be granted for "previous study" of 2 or more years in a Canadian institution after the applicant turned 17 and has done so legally - study permit. We thought that 2 years in PhD program qualifies for those 5 points. Upon further inquiry, it seems that PhD is "current study" if you are in 3rd or 4th year and is only "previous study" if you had just completed PhD or earlier obtained MSc or BSc from Canada.

What I do not understand is this: why did so many people get PER one year ago (so they got over 67 points by getting those 5 points?) only to have them chocked off a year later? It seems that even CIC VO's did not fully understand what "previous study" meant or CIC decided to play with the words after seeing thousands of people eligible (more than they initially intended).

As for RA letter, here are the duties as per HR Canada.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4012

You need a letter which lists duties close to what's here.