19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
Well this is the end of the road for me (again). I got rejected again. My letter and employment offer did not work.

"For your family size of 1 person, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $11,115 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp). You have made a submission that indicates that you do not have these funds available to you. Although you have a work permit and a Labour Market Opinion issued by HRSDC, you did not have this work permit at the time your application for permanent residence was made. Furthermore, you did not submit a letter from your employer offering you indeterminate full-time employment once a permanent resident visa is issued to you."

I am done applying for PR for a while. I'm no longer interested and will just stay with a work permit. Good luck to you all!
I'm so sorry utopie. At least we tried everything that was humanly possible. This also shows two things to people that are applying now. There is absolutely no discrimination based on country. utopie and ASG are French, and they were rejected. ALSO, if you don't have the proper proof of funding, there is not way around. So you better have this money and be honest. If you don't better to apply later. There are other streams.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

you did not have this work permit at the time your application for permanent residence was made. Furthermore, you did not submit a letter from your employer offering you indeterminate full-time employment once a permanent resident visa is issued to you."

Sorry to hear that. If they go by the kind of judgement in the first sentence, then Canada should expel anyone who is currently a PR but has lost his/her job and does not have the minimum funds. It's like saying you fail your PR situation anytime even 40 years later if you miss one of the requirements for permanent residency.
They judge for example the language proof on the day of assessment and refuse you even if it was valid when it was received by their office, but they don't assess new gained qualifications on the day of assessment???? They assess it based on the day you applied!!!
Things that happened after your application do not matter to them. You are basically complaining that you should be allowed to take that car you wanted 10 years ago based on the fact that you now and just now have the money to buy it. Thing is, you didn't back then. That is not how the real world works. IELTS scores are assessed based on submission date, but they have the right to request a new one if in doubt or if is close to expiration date.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
TyrusX said:
I'm so sorry utopie. At least we tried everything that was humanly possible. This also shows two things to people that are applying now. There is absolutely no discrimination based on country. utopie and ASG are French, and they were rejected. ALSO, if you don't have the proper proof of funding, there is not way around. So you better have this money and be honest. If you don't better to apply later. There are other streams.
Life goes on. I'm sad of course (my boyfriend is feeling murderous right now) but I was expecting it. I will apply through the PNP and make sure that there is absolutely not a single microscopic hole in my application. It will match the requirements to the T.

And yes, better have the money or you will get rejected even if you have a permanent job later on.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Things that happened after your application do not matter to them. You are basically complaining that you should be allowed to take that car you wanted 10 years ago based on the fact that you now and just now have the money to buy it. Thing is, you didn't back then. That is not how the real world works. IELTS scores are assessed based on submission date, but they have the right to request a new one if in doubt or if is close to expiration date.
Kind of like how they requested me to provide FBI PCC all over again after a year. I was greatful though that at least it wasn't straight rejection. But seriously though, why did they consider IELTS and PCC at the time of processing but not job offer? Job offers will reflect your capability to settle in Canada than PCC from places I haven't visited in year or outdated IELTS scores

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
This is contradiction. They should keep the same sort of judgement for all requirements. If "Things that happened after your application do not matter to them", then they should neither care about the expiration of IELTS/CELPIP after the application submission date.
In this case, I cannot agree they are fair.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Kind of like how they requested me to provide FBI PCC all over again after a year. I was greatful though that at least it wasn't straight rejection. But seriously though, why did they consider IELTS and PCC at the time of processing but not job offer? Job offers will reflect your capability to settle in Canada than PCC from places I haven't visited in year or outdated IELTS scores
They don't actually know you haven't visited in a year right? The thing is, if they keep allowing updated information the process would never finish. Security is important. One can do a lot of bad things in a period of a year. But yeah, they should allow some layway for eventual job offers. But we know the system is dumb, wherever we go, so better to adapt ourselves.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is contradiction. They should keep the same sort of judgement for all requirements. If "Things that happened after your application do not matter to them", then they should not also care about the expiration of IELTS/CELPIP after the application submission date.
But they don't. Never heard of that happening to anyone. But you have to be kind of shameless to submit a IELTS just a week before it expires. Now police certificates are another story.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
I will personally become surprised if anyone get approved ;D. Only rejection news from damn Ottawa. They are terribly strict on their rules. Maybe that is the right way of working! Some of these requirements are not really that important at least for us as PhD's.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
utopie said:
Life goes on. I'm sad of course (my boyfriend is feeling murderous right now) but I was expecting it. I will apply through the PNP and make sure that there is absolutely not a single microscopic hole in my application. It will match the requirements to the T.

And yes, better have the money or you will get rejected even if you have a permanent job later on.

Did you actually send an official job offer to them?

Mar 12, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for adding another bad news into our forum... :(

After more than a year of waiting, I've just also got the rejection today in the email sent by Ottawa. Here is their reason:

"You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. Your letter of reference from XX University did not list your job duties or hours worked. Therefore I could not determine if you performed the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122, Post Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants. As such, I am not satisfied that this experience meets the requirements under regulation 80(3). Your work experience at YY University was more than two years, but less than three years, thus earning 17 points under experience. As you have not completed a program of study in Canada, I could not award you adaptability points for previous study in Canada. As you have not obtained 67 points, you have not satisfied me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada."

I sent the application to Sydney in Feb 27
got PER in June 8, 2012.

Ottawa gave me 64 points only (language: 12). I don't know why Ottawa doesn't count the hours worked in XX University (in Florida, USA) as the letter from XX University indicated clearly that I worked as a Graduate Research Assistant for 1552 hours totally...and it stated very clearly the periods, position, and salary!! Also, Ottawa doesn't give me 5 adaptability points for previous study in Canada!

I think that Sydney gave me those points that was why I got PER.

Do you think that I can appeal this decision? If yes, what should I do? or this is also the end of the road for me too, (like utopie this is my second times)!

Thank you

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
CanadaPR_seeker said:
Hi everyone,

After more than a year of waiting, I've just also got the rejection today in the email sent by Ottawa. Here is their reason:

"You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. Your letter of reference from XX University did not list your job duties or hours worked. Therefore I could not determine if you performed the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122, Post Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants. As such, I am not satisfied that this experience meets the requirements under regulation 80(3). Your work experience at YY University was more than two years, but less than three years, thus earning 17 points under experience. As you have not completed a program of study in Canada, I could not award you adaptability points for previous study in Canada. As you have not obtained 67 points, you have not satisfied me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada."

got PER in June 8, 2012.

Ottawa gave me 64 points only (language: 12). I don't know why Ottawa doesn't count the hours worked in XX University (in Florida, USA) as the letter from XX University indicated clearly that I worked as a Graduate Research Assistant for 1552 hours totally...and it stated very clearly the periods, position, and salary!! Also, Ottawa doesn't give me 5 adaptability points for previous study in Canada!

Do you think that I can appeal this decision? If yes, what should I do? or this is also the end of the road for me too, (like utopie this is my second times)!

Thank you
Not a big shock anymore. I am sorry for you. Those Sydney people must be ashamed. They played with our money and time indeed. BTW, this rejection clearly confirms that no one must rely on those famous 5 adaptability points.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
CanadaPR_seeker said:
Hi everyone,

got PER in June 8, 2012.

Thank you
You can't appeal when you get rejected by Ottawa, unless you hire a lawyer and really want to spend money on this. And I'm sorry for it. I am already starting to thinking that mine is not going to go thru too. Maybe I we should all go to Brazil guys :). I bet you all can get jobs as profs there LOL

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
I think it is the time to write letter to Minister (Kenney) about many unfair rejections from Ottawa visa office.

They have been many unfair rejections and this should be informed to the minister. This is the least we can do.

All the applications who got unfair rejections can atleast write to Immigration Minister Kenney, atleast it may cause some sort of review of the procedures being taken in Ottawa office.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indusvision said:
I think it is the time to write letter to Minister (Kenney) about many unfair rejections from Ottawa visa office.

They have been many unfair rejections and this should be informed to the minister. This is the least we can do.

All the applications who got unfair rejections can atleast write to Immigration Minister Kenney, atleast it may cause some sort of review of the procedures being taken in Ottawa office.
Agreed. :)

Dec_Applicant

Mar 9, 2013
CanadaPR_seeker said:
Hi everyone,

got PER in June 8, 2012.

Thank you
I am sorry to hear this. I have one question though, Which one is the right NOC code (4122 or 4012) for TA/RA work. I have used NOC 4122, recently I have received PER and document request for PCC. Would it be good to send a letter to ottawa to explain that my NOC code is 4012?