19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
geo909 said:
Thanks for your feedback. Do you know every how often do they update the quota on their website?
almost never.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Tyrux, What is the procedure for apply for Permanent Residency in Brazil ?

I know that citizenship in Brazil is after 4 years of Permanent Residency. But my question is, do you happen to know that from a typical work visa, how to get Permanent Residency? Are there any rules for that in Brazil?

Secondly, people who speak English only (no Portuguese), will have a chance in getting job in Brazil?

TyrusX said:
almost never.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
indusvision said:
Tyrux, What is the procedure for apply for Permanent Residency in Brazil ?

I know that citizenship in Brazil is after 4 years of Permanent Residency. But my question is, do you happen to know that from a typical work visa, how to get Permanent Residency? Are there any rules for that in Brazil?

Secondly, people who speak English only (no Portuguese), will have a chance in getting job in Brazil?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060707215102AAc2YW9
http://www.how2immigrate.net/brazil/permanent-visa.html

Getting a job would be easy if you are in hard sciences, and lack of Portuguese would be no problem initially. Salary is very good for those professions, sometimes the same as in Canada, if you are good. Quality of life is better in the South, but the Southwest is richer. You have to learn Portuguese to became a citizen, but if you know English, it should not be much of a problem. My suggestion if you really want to check this out, would be to try to find a pos-doc position. You could probably get something at a good university in a beautiful city by the ocean and that would give you opportunity to learn Portuguese. Professorships there are easy to get, as there are many new universities lacking PHDs, but then, your Portuguese would have to be at least decent. I think there will a growing influx of immigrants there in the next 10 years. In 2011 when I went to my hometown, I talked to a few saudi-arabians that moved there, and also met an iranian.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
You can claim your RA/TA as a full time work experience. For example, My reference letter claimed 10.5 hrs/week for my TA and 37 hrs/week for my RA. In total, they are a full time work experience.
Hello Aidina, My I ask a question? Did you get the RA/TA reference letter from School of Graduate Studies, your supervisor or both?
Thanks

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
Tyrus, I also wanted to ask you whether you got RA/TA reference letter from your Department or Graduate Studies or your supervisor ?

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Thanks TyrusX !!!

TyrusX said:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060707215102AAc2YW9
http://www.how2immigrate.net/brazil/permanent-visa.html

Getting a job would be easy if you are in hard sciences, and lack of Portuguese would be no problem initially. Salary is very good for those professions, sometimes the same as in Canada, if you are good. Quality of life is better in the South, but the Southwest is richer. You have to learn Portuguese to became a citizen, but if you know English, it should not be much of a problem. My suggestion if you really want to check this out, would be to try to find a pos-doc position. You could probably get something at a good university in a beautiful city by the ocean and that would give you opportunity to learn Portuguese. Professorships there are easy to get, as there are many new universities lacking PHDs, but then, your Portuguese would have to be at least decent. I think there will a growing influx of immigrants there in the next 10 years. In 2011 when I went to my hometown, I talked to a few saudi-arabians that moved there, and also met an iranian.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
Hello Aidina, My I ask a question? Did you get the RA/TA reference letter from School of Graduate Studies, your supervisor or both?
Thanks
I got the reference letter from my school. It was written by the school secretary and signed by the school dean.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopie said:
Well this is the end of the road for me (again). I got rejected again. My letter and employment offer did not work.

"For your family size of 1 person, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $11,115 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp). You have made a submission that indicates that you do not have these funds available to you. Although you have a work permit and a Labour Market Opinion issued by HRSDC, you did not have this work permit at the time your application for permanent residence was made. Furthermore, you did not submit a letter from your employer offering you indeterminate full-time employment once a permanent resident visa is issued to you."

I am done applying for PR for a while. I'm no longer interested and will just stay with a work permit. Good luck to you all!
jeez...I'm very sorry!

I'm thinking of going the PNP road if I want to be sure to be accepted. But right now, I need to finish my thesis...and I also want to wait before applying again.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_seeker said:
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for adding another bad news into our forum... :(

After more than a year of waiting, I've just also got the rejection today in the email sent by Ottawa. Here is their reason:

"You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. Your letter of reference from XX University did not list your job duties or hours worked. Therefore I could not determine if you performed the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122, Post Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants. As such, I am not satisfied that this experience meets the requirements under regulation 80(3). Your work experience at YY University was more than two years, but less than three years, thus earning 17 points under experience. As you have not completed a program of study in Canada, I could not award you adaptability points for previous study in Canada. As you have not obtained 67 points, you have not satisfied me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada."

I sent the application to Sydney in Feb 27
got PER in June 8, 2012.

Ottawa gave me 64 points only (language: 12). I don't know why Ottawa doesn't count the hours worked in XX University (in Florida, USA) as the letter from XX University indicated clearly that I worked as a Graduate Research Assistant for 1552 hours totally...and it stated very clearly the periods, position, and salary!! Also, Ottawa doesn't give me 5 adaptability points for previous study in Canada!

I think that Sydney gave me those points that was why I got PER.

Do you think that I can appeal this decision? If yes, what should I do? or this is also the end of the road for me too, (like utopie this is my second times)!

Thank you
Jeez again!!!!!!!!!!

it's starting to feel like Sydney does this on purpose to get our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this should have been stated BEFORE PER!!!!!

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ASG said:
jeez...I'm very sorry!

I'm thinking of going the PNP road if I want to be sure to be accepted. But right now, I need to finish my thesis...and I also want to wait before applying again.
We will get there..eventually. It's not like French people like us are stubborn or anything ;D

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopie said:
We will get there..eventually. It's not like French people like us are stubborn or anything ;D
Lol. The only thing that makes me feel better is that I'm not that desperate to live in another country than France. I actually like France...so, if I have to go back, well, so be it!

You might want to think about getting the common law status if you don't already have it. Could that work rather than getting married?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
JVJ said:
Tyrus, I also wanted to ask you whether you got RA/TA reference letter from your Department or Graduate Studies or your supervisor ?
I got a letter from my supervisor signed by his secretary, which takes care of my payment. However, I didn't sent that letter, so I can exactly say it would could. I applied only with my other RA/TA from Brazil, which I got two letters, one from supervisor, stating duties, and another from the agency that was paying me.

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about all these rejections. It is extremely annoying to know that there is this disconnect between processing at the Sydney office and Ottawa regarding a basic thing such as awarding or not awarding adaptability points.
If the eligibility points is a fuzzy area between the two offices, I must say that the process has integrity flaws.
At the very least they can agree on one thing between the offices, or stand by a decision which their own office has made.
Why penalize the applicants and make them wait for an year to tell them? And it seems it is semantics in the end "completed a program of two years" or not.

If anyone is willing to take initiative to draft a letter to be send to any minister/responsible authority as a group, I would be willing to sign it.

Updated PCCs still are ok to ask, but I have never understood why they ask for updated IELTS if it has expired. Not that the test changes that much from year to year. It is not a grad school entry (where GRE or TOEFL becomes invalid after a while) and you are competing against several students based on the score, it is just proof of language proficiency. And one would hope that applicants do not lose this skill in 2 years, unless there is a disability of some sort.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
oliveoyl said:
I am so sorry to hear about all these rejections. It is extremely annoying to know that there is this disconnect between processing at the Sydney office and Ottawa regarding a basic thing such as awarding or not awarding adaptability points.
If the eligibility points is a fuzzy area between the two offices, I must say that the process has integrity flaws.
At the very least they can agree on one thing between the offices, or stand by a decision which their own office has made.
Why penalize the applicants and make them wait for an year to tell them? And it seems it is semantics in the end "completed a program of two years" or not.

If anyone is willing to take initiative to draft a letter to be send to any minister/responsible authority as a group, I would be willing to sign it.

Updated PCCs still are ok to ask, but I have never understood why they ask for updated IELTS if it has expired. Not that the test changes that much from year to year. It is not a grad school entry (where GRE or TOEFL becomes invalid after a while) and you are competing against several students based on the score, it is just proof of language proficiency. And one would hope that applicants do not lose this skill in 2 years, unless there is a disability of some sort.
Well. CIC basically receives your documents, skims through it to see if the application is complete and sends it to CPP-O. They don't actually look at everything with care. I you look at Peoples CAIPS, you will see a lot of "SEEMS" complete, seems to have year of experiences.. So is just a very high level analysis.