Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Riskobora said:
Thanks in advance for replying...

This forum is so helpful, I wish I had come across it last year before I applied.
Hi Riskobora,

1. They never actually mentioned explicitly that you need to submit 6 months worth of bank transaction history, but they have the right to verify whether the funds are yours by asking for bank transaction history.
2. If your spouse has recently completed a Master's degree, then it's probably a good idea to let them know as soon as possible. Having a spouse with a Master's degree means you will get adaptability points (3 to 5 points if I'm not mistaken for the degree, and 5 points more if the degree was completed in Canada), and this could especially be beneficial to offset unexpected loss of points in work experience. I think this kind of amendment will probably be considered. If I'm not mistaken, phdapplicant got his NER from Ottawa overturned after he submitted proof that his relative had just recently beocme a Canadian PR (or was it citizen?)
3 & 4 You already got PER, which means at least Sydney has already granted more than 67 points. Ottawa may have different opinion, and unfortunately, the most likely thing that Ottawa can really differ from Sydney is work experience. Regarding adding work experience, TyrusX once asked Ottawa whether he could add TA/RA experience, and I think Ottawa said that any new work experience can only be considered if he would submit a completely new application.
5. Depends. If your application got rejected by the CIO, then they would probably return your fee. But as far as Ottawa is concerned, I believe those that got rejected at this stage would not get their fees refunded :(

nouroz99 said:
I was just wondering is it a good idea to send the CVs and publication list beforehand ?? I know they might ask for anything at this point it seems because these were not mentioned in the checklist. Still... any suggestions?
CV and list of publications were never parts of the checklist, though I really don't see how sending these things can hurt your chance (but seeing how crazy they have been lately, you never know). I have a feeling, though, that they may start asking for CV and list of publications if you're applying only using RA/TA experience.

salam20 said:
Thanks for reply
I think Riskobora got his PER about two weeks of cashing his credit card. Give it a time, you'll probably get it too before the end of the month.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Regarding adding work experience, TyrusX once asked Ottawa whether he could add TA/RA experience, and I think Ottawa said that any new work experience can only be considered if he would submit a completely new application.
I think they meant work experience acquired after the application would not be considered.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
I think they meant work experience acquired after the application would not be considered.
But haven't you been doing RA/TA all this time, even before you applied? What I meant to say was that, if you did not include any work experience with your application, you cannot amend your application by adding this work experience you did not include before.

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm doing my PhD at a French-Speaking university in Quebec. I have some very very big concerns about work experience. :mad: I'm gonna ask our Dean of Graduate Studies to write me a letter to confirm my RA during my studies as a PhD student. Now, my questions are:

1- At our university, students are not regularly given an SIN like other students from Concordia, etc. So I'm not sure if only providing such a letter suffices to prove them my RA?

2- I just saw that someone has been asked to provide a list of his/her publication. :eek: If it's something that usually happens, then I don't know what to do!!! :-[ Because I do not expect my first paper in PhD gets accepted in less than a year. Any comments please?

3- Is RA considered as a part-time job?

4- Is it reasonable if I announce all the duration of my PhD studies since Sep 2010 as RA?!? Well, the fact is that I began my research since the very first month I came to Canada, but sometimes a little harder, and sometimes I had to stop the research and focus on my courses/exams. But I'm not sure if they will understand and accept this fact?!?

5- Would you mind sending me a template of RA work experience?

Thanks!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
But haven't you been doing RA/TA all this time, even before you applied? What I meant to say was that, if you did not include any work experience with your application, you cannot amend your application by adding this work experience you did not include before.
Yes. I'm a RA since the beginning. this is what she wrote: . Please be advised that any work experience obtained after the submission of an application cannot be considered in awarding points.
SO I think I can add my first 2 years of RA if necessary.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hey guys,

Does anyone have an email contact to an immigration officer?
I need to ask how a Quebec phd student can support his/her claim regarding not living in Quebec after finishing studies!!

Tanx

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
beni said:
Hey guys,

Does anyone have an email contact to an immigration officer?
I need to ask how a Quebec phd student can support his/her claim regarding not living in Quebec after finishing studies!!

Tanx
You can't talk to an immigration officer directly unless he contacts you. You should try to talk to a lawyer, as we don't have any ideas on how to proceed about this.
YOu may try to send an general e-mail to ottawa too.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
TyrusX said:
You can't talk to an immigration officer directly unless he contacts you. You should try to talk to a lawyer, as we don't have any ideas on how to proceed about this.
YOu may try to send an general e-mail to ottawa too.
well, would you please give me the general email address. I'm was unable to find one on the CIC website.

Mukam

Oct 23, 2012
Riskobora said:
So we need to show this, even after our status on online tracker says "in process"?

Wow... this is scary as I don't have much savings... what can I do in situations like that?
Even if they start processing the files faster, it will take at least 6 months from today for them to request you any further documents. I recommend that you borrow money from your family or friends immediately and deposit that amount (make sure its not even a dollar less than what they have specified) in your savings account and absolutely don`t touch it until you receive the 6 month bank history request from cic. That ways lets say if they ask for it about 7 months from now, then they will not be able to tell that the money is not yours since they will not be able to see when and what amount of money was transferred and since you have had it sitting in your account for last six months, they will automatically assume its yours. But if they request for the statement in about 4 months then they will be able to see the large transaction in your account and you may get into trouble but the chances of this happening are very slim. Thats the only way I can think of to overcome this problem and don`t take it non-seriously because people have been rejected PR during the last stage of their processing for the same reason. Your application will also be rejected even if you were falling short of a even a couple hundred dollars during this six month period.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
beni said:
well, would you please give me the general email address. I'm was unable to find one on the CIC website.
OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Mukam said:
Even if they start processing the files faster, it will take at least 6 months from today for them to request you any further documents. I recommend that you borrow money from your family or friends immediately and deposit that amount (make sure its not even a dollar less than what they have specified) in your savings account and absolutely don`t touch it until you receive the 6 month bank history request from cic.
Just be aware that this may be evaluated as misrepresentation. If they request someone a 6 months bank history, it means they already suspect something can be wrong. Canada has been reevaluating lots of permanent residents and citizens and if they see and consider this as misrepresentation you may banned from entering Canada again for a few years. And you will also need that money to be present in your account when you land and become a resident. You'll have to prove to an officer in person that you have that funding. So 6 months is probably not even enough. I understand that it hard to save all that money, but better be as honest as one can be.

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
TyrusX said:
Yes. I'm a RA since the beginning. this is what she wrote: . Please be advised that any work experience obtained after the submission of an application cannot be considered in awarding points.
SO I think I can add my first 2 years of RA if necessary.
I agree with TyrusX.

zephyr86 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm doing my PhD at a French-Speaking university in Quebec. I have some very very big concerns about work experience. :mad: I'm gonna ask our Dean of Graduate Studies to write me a letter to confirm my RA during my studies as a PhD student. Now, my questions are:

1- At our university, students are not regularly given an SIN like other students from Concordia, etc. So I'm not sure if only providing such a letter suffices to prove them my RA?

2- I just saw that someone has been asked to provide a list of his/her publication. :eek: If it's something that usually happens, then I don't know what to do!!! :-[ Because I do not expect my first paper in PhD gets accepted in less than a year. Any comments please?

3- Is RA considered as a part-time job?

4- Is it reasonable if I announce all the duration of my PhD studies since Sep 2010 as RA?!? Well, the fact is that I began my research since the very first month I came to Canada, but sometimes a little harder, and sometimes I had to stop the research and focus on my courses/exams. But I'm not sure if they will understand and accept this fact?!?

5- Would you mind sending me a template of RA work experience?

Thanks!
1. I don't know why in Quebec, it is lot different than rest of Canada. In my understanding, whenever you get paid officially a SIN is issued. Correct me if I am wrong. RA letters from the DEAN should get some weight. However, I thought it might be your RA supervisor who writes a letter for you.
2. Consider your conference proceedings if you have since in my opinion those are also listed as publications. (after all you are not applying for Post-doc position :))
3. RA is always Part time for us in my opinion since whatever you do before getting immigration will be divided by 2. That means 2 years of full time RA hours will be equivalent to 1 year of Full time RA experience.
4. To address this point of continuous RA I think a letter from your supervisor would be sufficient that you were a full-time RA. In my case, I am getting funding from RA. SO I can assume that I am considered as full-time RA.
5. I don't have any at this point. Someone else can help I guess.
These all are my personal opinion. So please don't take them granted.
Best of Luck

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
RA from PhD outside of Canada counts as work experience?

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to extend my best wishes to all of you. May your applications be met with timely approval!
Ok, I have a question that I think is most appropriate if asked in this forum. I am a PhD student in the US, currently in my 4th year. As part of the PhD program, I have been working full time (at least 40 hours a week) for more than 3 years as an RA. The RA position comes with pay and all the other benefits that a permanent university employee is entitled to (including paying all the required taxes).
I am planning on applying for the FSW program that opens in May (not the Phd stream). But I am not sure as to whether my 3+ years of experience as an RA counts as a work experience. I have gotten mixed replies from people in different forums. I guess noone knows for sure. Reading some of the posts in this forum, I see that for applicants under PhD stream DO get work experience points for their RA work.
Does anybody know if the same would apply to me (applying through regular FSW)?

Thanks!